Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
I thought it would be interesting to do a travel poll since we have such a global network of FoLCs. Come on in and share your opinions!

1. Recommend somewhere to visit. It can be anywhere on the planet -- and tell us why!

2. Where is a place you have always wanted to visit?

3. Where is a place you really have no interest in visiting?

4. What is your favorite city on your continent?

5. Where was your last vacation?

6. Where will your next vacation be?

6. If you were beamed into Lois and Clark's universe, where are three places you'd want to visit?

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
1. Recommend somewhere to visit. It can be anywhere on the planet -- and tell us why! Maui, Hawaii. It is simply enchanting. I got married on one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. The the water is blue, the sand is white, the drinks come with little umbrellas ... ahhh, paradise.

2. Where is a place you have always wanted to visit? Paris. I took four years of high-school French, and even though how much of it I remember is up for debate, I have always wanted to see the Eiffel Tower, eat brie (that doesn't come from Costco) and, of course, wear a pink beret.

3. Where is a place you really have no interest in visiting? Other than Iraq? Honestly, I am not super interested in visiting most of the countries in Central America. Too much political strife and anti-America sentiment.

4. What is your favorite city on your continent? That's hard. I love so many places ... but I have to represent for the hometown and say Seattle. Rain! Starbucks! Flying fish! Space Needle! Nordstrom! Sports! Puget Sound!

5. Where was your last vacation? I was in Las Vegas a few weeks ago to celebrate my wedding anniversary. I loooooove Vegas.

6. Where will your next vacation be? We had so much fun on Maui this past spring that we're going back next year. Hopefully, a certain small bear won't be so afraid of the ocean next time.

6. If you were beamed into Lois and Clark's universe, where are three places you'd want to visit? [b]The Daily Planet, the Lexor (I am a sucker for fancy hotels; see my answer to No. 5) and the place that they held the Kerth Awards (as a nominee, of course).

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"
C
Kerth
Kerth
C
1. Recommend somewhere to visit. It can be anywhere on the planet -- and tell us why!

The Blue Mountains west of Sydney everything is so beautiful if you are the bushwalking type and always a great place to go if you want to get away from the city.

Vietnam because I love Vietnamese food and my dad was born there and China I saw a documentary made by the BBC and aside from my love of Chinese history it is again a beautiful place.

I don't think there are many places I don't want to go to, but I would probably have to say Iraq

My home town of Sydney everything is within easy access especially the beaches and the harbour. Melbourne is fantastic too because the shopping is great.

So long ago I can't remember

I'm probably going to Taiwan later this year

6. If you were beamed into Lois and Clark's universe, where are three places you'd want to visit?

The Daily Planet, Clark's apartment evil and I can't come up with a third one

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
Top Banana
Top Banana
Nice poll Twin!

1. Recommend somewhere to visit. It can be anywhere on the planet -- and tell us why! Lucerne, Switzerland. It was the cleanest crispest little town I've ever been to - not to mention BEAUTIFUL. I don't know how the Swiss do it but they can even make graffiti seem clean.

2. Where is a place you have always wanted to visit? Well for a long time I've wanted to visit New Zealand and definitely still feel that way. However, lately it's been Forks, WA. I'm a big Twilight fan (obviously) and it's a little more inexpensive than New Zealand.

3. Where is a place you really have no interest in visiting? Honestly, I don't think there's anywhere I don't want to visit. I even want to visit Iraq. There's so much biblical history over there. There are definitely places that are low on my list (i.e. Antartica, Iraq, Iceland), but really, there's something that I would like to see in all of those places too.

4. What is your favorite city on your continent? Hmmmm, tough one. I really liked San Diego and San Francisco but I also really like cities with good public transportation and I LOVE Texas cities so... I guess I can't pick.

5. Where was your last vacation? My last family vacation was quite awhile ago. I think we went to Baltimore, MD. My last individual vacay was to Salado, TX w/ some girlfriends. We stayed in a B&B and it was divine!!

6. Where will your next vacation be? I'm hoping to make our first official vacay w/ our little one in the next year or so. I'm thinking HI, WA, or Mexico...

6. If you were beamed into Lois and Clark's universe, where are three places you'd want to visit? The Island from OP, the resort from SLaV, and the Daily Planet.

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
Kerth
Kerth

London - I like the place, you might too.

Los Angeles looks like it could be a lot of fun

North Korea

London (don't speak foreign languages so I'm a bit stuck on that one)

London (a conference hotel for an SF con)

Nottingham, England

Metropolis

London (see if there's any difference)

New Krypton

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Top Banana
Top Banana
Cool poll! I love to travel and am always interested in hearing about new places I should visit.

Austria, the region around Salzburg. Salzburg is a most lovely city. And I enjoyed Zell am Zee. It's so pretty, quiet and clean. Nice people. And absolutely amazing nature!

Athens, Greece. Because of the history and ancient buildings. But I want to see most of the world. Still sad I didn't make it to the Niagara Falls last year. So that's high on my list too.

North-Pole. Much too cold for me!

London, without a doubt.

That was my trip to Canada/USA last year. Went to Montreal, Chicago, Seattle, Portland and LA. Great trip!

Hmm. Might be a while before I go away again. I know for sure I'll be in London in 2012 for the Olympics. I'm hoping to manage to get away before that. South England, Norway or Sweden or just a city trip to Berlin.

The Daily Planet, Smallville and the island where they got married.

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A
Paris. It's a beautiful city; everyone I know who's been there loves it and wants to go back again someday, and that includes me. What greater recommendation can a place get?

There's quite a few, but at the moment it's Ireland (Republic not Northern) I'm most interested in visiting.

Will I get chased by pointy stick guys if I say America? Actually, that's not quite right, there are some beautiful looking places in America, but I wouldn't want to go to one of the big cities like New York.

Wells in Somerset. Mainly because it's tiny, about the size of a small town. If you haven't worked it out yet, I'm a country bumpkin at heart and *hate* big cities. Wells is smaller than my hometown, and the cathedral has the most gorgeous staircase in it, and a pretty cool clock.

Disneyland, Paris. It was great fun!

I don't go on holiday that often so I have no idea, but me and a friend were discussing maybe going to Scotland in 2012 to get away from the Olympics.

I have no idea. Like I've said before, I'm not a fan of big cities so I don't think I'd like Metropolis. I might just hang out in Smallville at the Kent's farm, go to the Corn Festival and maybe take a trip on a visiting spaceship!

C
Kerth
Kerth
C
I don't go on holiday that often so I have no idea, but me and a friend were discussing maybe going to Scotland in 2012 to get away from the Olympics.
That would be interesting most people want to stick around. As someone who experienced living in the Olympic host city it was a great experience so many people from all over the world to meet. I also remember when the Olympics were over going down to the airport and watching the planes take off (something I love doing during the summer one of Sydney airport's runways extends into the bay so it's really refreshing to be there) I saw so many airlines for the first time including a Russian jet. I guess growing up in a sports mad country also helped I think I was about 8 when they announced Sydney as the host city and even watched the announcent live with my mum and brother. Did I also mention that my then maths teacher also carried the Olympic torch during one part of it's journey through Sydney?

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A
That would be interesting most people want to stick around.
Maybe, but I'm pretty sure I won't be heading anywhere near the coast when the Olympics are on. I live near the town that will be hosting the sailing events. It's bad enough in the summer because the town is full of tourists, making it nearly impossible to get anywhere, and if we get an even greater influx of people to come and watch and take part in the sailing, it's going to be even worse than normal. Mind you, I do tend to be a pessimist. Maybe everyone will stay up in London, and only the competitors and real sailing enthusiasts will come down to Dorset.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hawaii - the Big Island. It's gorgeous in the winter and very comfortable all year round. Go see the volcanoes! Oh, and the orchids!

2. Where is a place you have always wanted to visit? Italy and the Mediterranean Coast, probably on a cruise ship. Been to Greece and Istanbul & Ephasus. Nice, but once is enough.

3. Where is a place you really have no interest in visiting? Sudan

Los Angeles Sand, surf and cool in the summer.

5. Where was your last vacation? New York City, Niagara Falls and Pennsyvlania

6. Where will your next vacation be? Park City, Utah & Yellowstone

6. If you were beamed into Lois and Clark's universe, where are three places you'd want to visit? the farm in Smallville and meet Martha & Jonathan goofy
cool
Artemis

[Just fixing the broken bold codes for you, Artemis. (LabRat) ]

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D

Zanzibar - beautiful white beaches and clear blue waters (that's not too cold!) and Livingstone, Zambia - see the Vic Falls, ride on elephants and go fox flying!

Switzerland, the whole of Europe, and some countries in Asia.

Somalia, Sudan and the DRC - too much civil conflict and the fact that you need too many security details and even then it is not a guarantee that you'll make it out of there alive.

For the sea and great view, I'll pick Cape Town, but home is still Johannesburg. smile

Real, "take a break from everything vacation" was Namibia in 2008; however, we did go to the South Coast, near Durban, in July to skip a week of the World Cup and crazy traffic.

No idea. Probably another break in December or end November.

7. If you were beamed into Lois and Clark's universe, where are three places you'd want to visit?

Daily Planet, Krypton and maybe Smallville

smile

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Istanbul. I'm completely thinking with my stomach here, but aside from the beautiful mosques, they seriously have the some of the best cooks in the world, in my very humble opinion. I also love the Mediterranean.

Greece, I think.

Many places in South America. I know so many people from Brazil who complain about the crime.

Hmm...Washington, D.C. They have my favorite museum in the country there, the National Gallery, and I love the reflection pool across the street.

Heh just to my hometown of San Antonio to see my family. Beyond that I don't even remember. It might have Alaska 3 years ago.

We just started chewing on a cruise that goes to Istanbul, Athens, a few cities in Italy, Africa, and Greece, but it's very new right now. We'll see if it pans out for April.

Utopia, New Krypton, and...oh maybe the AU Metropolis.

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville

Sydney, Australia - Great city with something for everyone... and the South Island of New Zealand - they use it in movies all the time for a reason and it is spectacular in real life.

Narrowing it down is hard but let's say Siberia and Russia. There are so many amazing places to visit on our planet.

This will probably sound odd coming from someone living in Hong Kong, but London. Hated it - not keen to go back. It was polluted (as bad as here), people's attitudes were rude (especially for an english speaking country), the mish mash of modern vs heritage buildings was incredibly off-putting (and I hadn't even SEEN the majesty of Paris before commenting on that) and seeing pick-pockets in action at the Tower of London in broad daylight... well... I'd rather bypass it and see the rest of England (the bits we saw outside London we loved).

At this stage I am going to have to say Hong Kong because I haven't explored enough of the Asian continent yet to know. Does Singapore count? It is technically an island, not ON the continent... I love going there for the food and the shopping. smile
If you were talking Australia I would have to say Sydney - It will always be my home - I adore the harbour, beaches, parks, etc and I miss driving over that big coathanger (the Sydney Harbour Bridge) every day.

Perisher in the Snowy Mountains in NSW, Australia for a few days of skiing to break up the chore of family visitations while back down under.

Probably Beijing, possibly followed by skiing somewhere in the Northern Hemisphere closer to Christmas.

Chateau Robert (is that how it is spelled?), The Daily Planet and Clark's Apartment.

"He's my best friend, best of all best friends
Do you have a best friend too
It tickles in my tummy
He's so Yummy Yummy
Hey you should get a best friend too" - Toy Box

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard