Print Thread
#223345 07/05/10 07:18 AM
S
sammie Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
S
I've been thinking about getting another tattoo and I want something that includes the words never give up or symbolises that. Anyone got any ideas so then I can get a good idea about what I'd like.

#223346 07/06/10 02:15 AM
A
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
A
In traditional Japanese tattoos the Koi fish symbolizes perseverance. I believe there are many Japanese myths that have the Koi being rewarded for perseverance. In nature, there is the ant or the salmon.

There is also the little engine that could smile

Tattoos are very personal, so you should choose something that has meaning to you. I'm sure if you google words like perseverance, persistence and determination or the phrase "never give up" you will find something that resonates with you.

Good Luck!
Amy

#223347 07/07/10 08:36 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
How about a pic of Winston Churchill or something related to WWII? laugh

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
#223348 07/07/10 09:04 AM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
My response to young people who ask me any question about tattoos is two-fold.

1) For many centuries, tattoos and piercings were often used by primitive tribes (meaning "non-industrial" and "hunter-gatherer" societies) to indicate either identification with the home tribe or ownership. Tribes in tropical areas where wearing fur clothing was stupid and there was no woven fabric which would survive the day-to-day stress of life, tattoos would identify the wearer to both friend and enemy. Piercings would indicate ownership by the tribe in general and/or a specific person.

If that does not dissuade them (rarely seems to), I deploy the second point.

2) Unless you undergo a painful and expensive procedure to remove said tattoo, it's going to be with you for the rest of your life. Pick something that won't embarrass you when you're a forty-year-old parent or executive, or when you're sixty and gravity is winning the battle.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard