Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
StarKat Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
I'm not going to post any spoilers, but someone who responds may. Anyway, I just want to say, worst movie ever! If you've watched any of the Avatar series, you're in for a HUGE disappointment with this movie. It was poorly written and poorly cast. The effects weren't that great, they mispronounced names, skipped a ton of stuff. The whole thing felt horribly rushed. There was basically no character development at all.

I wish I could get my evening back.

Tara

Rose: You're NOT keeping the horse!
Doctor Who: I let you keep Mickey, now lets go!
Doctor Who, The Girl in the Fireplace
L
L Offline
Columnist
Columnist
L
worst ever. And I'm; a huge Airbender cartoon fan.

I'm so angry about this movie. I would rant, but it's been done by better ranters than myself.

Silence is violence. End white supremacy based violence
Features Writer
Features Writer
With you ALL the way. This movie completely depressed me, all that money to see the 3 D version WASTED!!! mad

I would love to beat the crap out of m.night...

Sokka wasn't even funny... grumble

Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something RIGHT!
Top Banana
Top Banana
I've never seen the tv show and haven't seen the movie but I had a feeling the movie was gonna suck. M. Night's movies have just been going downhill since Signs. I wonder how his newest one 'Devil' will do?? /ponders. I'll probably just netflix it.

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
D
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
D
I agree all the way! I've always been a pretty big M. Night fan, and I had recently watched and adored the Avatar anime series, so I thought it would be a great combination...But I never realized he could take something so good...and make it so bad!

In regard to the mispronunciation thing, M. Night did it very consciously. In an interview found here , he says:

And I fought like crazy to have the pronunciation of the names to go back to the Asian pronunciation. So you say "Ahng" instead of "Aaang" because it's correct. It's not "I-rack," it's "ee-Rock." I'm literally fighting for all this.
You can also see a little more about it here .

That said, I disagree with him changing the names to what they should be. I think it isn't very nice to fans of the anime series, as they have grown accustomed to hearing the names a certain way.

I am in utter agreement about the lack of character development. They should have made it longer and put some more character stuff in. People watched long movies like Lord of the Rings, and they'll watch other long movies if they're worth it. Having some good character moments really could have helped out; instead, they all seemed rather bland.

It was a great disappointment. I just hope it doesn't stop new people from watching the anime series, which was excellent.

Features Writer
Features Writer
I've never seen the tv show and haven't seen the movie but I had a feeling the movie was gonna suck.
Please don't let the movie turn you off to the series. The TV show was AWESOME, so funny and action sequences to blow you away for a kids cartoon. My husband and I *BOTH* marathoned this TV show on a weekend with our kids including the chibi spinoffs.

There's a slight build up to the funny in the show, (Sokka's hiaku challenge, omigoodness WHOOT!!!)but it was there and it was GOOD! The movie completely left any kind of whimsy out, making it boring and stupid. I refuse to see this movie again until they are playing it for free 30 times over the weekend, and even then I will be reading LNC fanfiction while it's on.

Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something RIGHT!

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard