Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I haven't yet. I'm going Friday. But I'm dying to know what people thought of it! I've heard it's getting way better reviews than the previous two.

Spoilers are a non-issue since I've already read the books so tell me EVERYTHING! grovel

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I absolutely loved it!! It had romance, comedy, action. Best adaption of a book that I have seen in a long time. For once I wasn't going like "They missed this... that's not how it is supposed to be... I wish they had included this..." If you know what I mean. Of course, it's been a year since I read the book.

I went to the midnight viewing and it was totally worth it. Sure, I still don't really care for the meadow scenes. Too much kitsch. wink But overall, the chemistry was right and I especially enjoyed the background stories on Rosalee and Jasper.

Let me know what you think. I am sure you will enjoy it!

Natascha

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yep, we went after work Wednesday! I can't tell you how sated my inner, angsty teenager is. goofy To me, there's no comparison to the book (but I doubt there ever is with me), but I really enjoyed it, and my friends have already asked me when we're seeing it again. :p

They did cut out two scenes that I really would have liked, but they were kind of minor, bonding scenes...nothing crucial to the plot, I suppose...
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I haven't seen the movies at all, but I did read an interview with some martial arts instructor who set up the big fight scene (at the end?)

Apparently the fight scene is spectacular. Opinion of those who have actually seen it?

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Saw it finally. LOVED it. I kinda felt like they were moving too quickly though but they did need to cover A LOT of material in just a couple hours so...

The fight scene was awesome. Some of the things they changed up for the movie I actually liked better - they always make Bella less annoying to me than the books, Rosalie is a little more bit**y than the books, Edward shows more emotion than the books, etc. I LOVED the proposal scene! Almost made me teary. And I was LOL on some parts like when Edward drops Bella off at the Quileute lines and Edward and Jake are having their little stand off w/ Bella, and when Jake said he was 'hotter' than Edward. Pretty clever. I wanna see it again!

Anyone know when BD is coming out? Or if it's true about it being split into 2 movies?

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
C
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
C
Yep, two movies, first set to come out in November 2011

C
Kerth
Kerth
C
Replied to your FB status, but I thought I'd put somthing here too.

Personally I think New Moon was more true to the book than Eclipse was to it's counterpart. Nonetheless I did love it. Watching Bella attempt to seduce Edward had me laughing because it just looked too hilarious for words. *SIGH* Edward's proposal I was melting I thought Robert Pattinson pulled that scene off really well. I was lloking forward to seeing Alice strong arm Bella into the wedding thing so was disappointed they didn't include that. Also the story of her Porsche!!! I wanted to see Edward give her that car. I agree with your observation that Rosalie was even more b****Y than she normally was.

Another thing that irks me is that she slaps Paul in New Moon causing him to lose his temper and phase and nothing happens to her hand and yet here she slugs Jake and hurts her hand so it didn't make a lot of sense there.

I really was looking forward to this one because Eclipse is my favourite of the series so I am a little disappointed that it wasn't up to where I thought it could be, but I did enjoy the newborn fight and the addition of the newborn army in Seattle backstory.

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard