Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Tank Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
T
As many of the gentle readers know, I've been a part-time (very part-time) musician for many years.

The group I'm currently playing with has put up a website that includes a small bio and mpgs of our current CD.

You can find it here. www.thebluerosesband.com

I've been making music with Jim Fuller since our days together in college. We've been involved with various bands and types of music through the years and The Blue Roses Band in just the latest in a long line of musical endevors. In this group I'm mainly just the bass player.

Jim met Susan through his church and she has become a good friend.

Susan wrote "I Close My Eyes", I wrote "Leavin'" and "You Can't Fool Your Heart" (I wrote it for a friend's wedding), and Jim wrote the rest, except for "Angels Rejoiced" which is an old county standard.

It's not hip or edgy stuff, but I think it's pretty good listening. If you're curious, give it a try.

Tank (who throws this out because the more hits the website takes the higher up in google list the site goes)

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
@Tank: I saw you! So handsome! You're the one on bass, right?

[Linked Image]

Just got married (21st June 2010).
Kerth
Kerth
Tank, you said you mostly play bass - does that mean you actually sang "You JustCan't Fool Your Heart", together with Susan? Because that voice sure sounds different from the singer in the other songs. smile

Btw, I can only recommend listening to Tank's song. You'll even find out his real first name if you look closely. :p

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
@Lara: can you give me a clue? I can't seem to guess. mecry

T
Tank Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
T
Since I'm the bass player I'm the one holding the bass.

I did sing the lead on "You Can't Fool Your Heart" which was actually recorded as a wedding present to a couple of friends of mine. Both had been married before and so I tailored the words to their situation. We just decided to throw the song on the CD.

The amusing thing is that the song isn't even in my vocal key. It's much too low, but I liked the way the guitars sounded so we didn't bother to move the key up. I don't normally sing leads, I'm strictly a high harmony type of guy and since this group is built around Jim and Susan's harmonies together I don't sing much.

My favorite songs on the CD are "Don't Feel Like Cryin'" and "Someone Loves You" (which we call 'the single'), but I basically like them all. Big surprize there.

Susan sings lead on "Leavin'" which is the other song I wrote.

Tank (who wonders if "Leavin'" is even up, there was a problem with the MP3 for a time but I thought Jim got that fixed)

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
@Tank: So I was right! laugh Are you distributed internationally? your music is lovely, and i'd like to buy a copy. smile

Kerth
Kerth
@Saori: When you play an MP3 file, you'll get a bit of info. One piece of information you'll get is the name of the songwriter - which is given as (Something-not-Tank) Wilson. You just have to watch the writing above the player.

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
@Lara: Ooh, thanks! *dashes off to play the mp3 again*

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I'd like to listen, Tank, but I don't have an MP3-player!

Ann

T
Tank Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
T
I'm as far from someone knowledgable about computers as you can get and still modestly function with one, but I assume you can download the file to your computer and use something like Media Player to playback the song.

I know that on my computer at work when I click on a song it automatically goes to Media Player but when I click on a song on my home computer (on dial-up connection) it asks me if I want to download the file to my documents first.

Tank (who says we aren't selling these CDs but put together this website so that anyone who wants can access the music, and we can use it as a tool to help get gigs)

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard