Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
You know, the show you just can't bring yourself to watch, for whatever reason.

For me, it's Smallville. I just can't do it. I am not a Superman fan per se, so L&C is really the only incarnation of the legend that I like. I don't like the idea of Lois and Clark meeting at an early age, or Clark having slept with someone else -- or him using his powers for reasons less than good. Several friends and my sister-in-law have tried to get me to watch it, and I flat-out refuse.

I also am probably the only person in America who isn't really interested in Glee. I enjoy a good musical, but if I want to hear Celine Dion or Madonna, I'll go put in a Celine Dion or Madonna CD. I stopped watching American Idol for that very reason.

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
What won't I watch? 99.99% of what is on the boob tube. I don't get any TV stations coming into my house, but the times I see what is available on TV when I am visiting friends or relatives convinces me that as bad as the programming was when I ceased paying for cable, it is ten times worse now.

The very few shows I am interested in, I will watch via Netflix or the Internet. The even rarer show (such as LnC) that I would re-watch, I will get DVDs of.

cheers,
Lynn

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Pretty much anything that becomes cultish heh. Too many people on my facebook talk about Glee, so that's out. Same for Dancing with the Stars and So You Think You Can Dance.

I contemplate getting rid of cable every single day, but my downfall is, I like to watch reruns...

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Kerth
Kerth
Anything that calls itself "reality TV"

CSI Miami (can't stand Horatio Caine)

Talent(less) shows - see "reality TV"

Game shows generally, especially those linked to real-world gambling such as lotteries.

Most sports.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Blogger
Blogger
Okay so I am a Teri Hatcher fan - otherwise I wouldn't be here and now don't kill me for this.
But I can't bring myself to watch Desperate Housewifes.
Another one would be Gilmore Girls. Both series for the lack of what is in my opinion a good plot.

Merriwether
Merriwether
I refuse to watch Smallville, either. While I'm a moderate Superman fan (modern era, so the movies can kiss my butt), everything I've heard about that Clark Kent makes me wonder how he can even turn into Superman.

Legend of the Seeker. We watched the first 8 episodes, and only kept watching that far because I wanted to see if they kept one character similar to how she was in the book. We've read the books, and so we kept nitpicking the sow.

Teeny dramas, along the lines of 90210. Blech. I hated high school drama when I was in high school, and I hate it now.

I'm not a fan of Glee, but I have watched a few episodes recently. I've mostly fast-forwarded through them to watch parts with certain guest stars, like Kristen Chenoweth and Idina Menzel. I guess I'm going to have to watch the Neil Patrick Harris ep, too.

Angie, I don't blame you about Desperate Housewives. The Teri Hatcher/Susan parts actually make me cringe. I still have to watch every week, though.

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
C
Kerth
Kerth
C
I've pretty much given up watching anything on TV. I used to like Desperate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy, but both shows have now completely lost the plot. I won't watch reality TV ugh! The people on those shows just make me cringe especially ones that have women who look like Barbie Dolls in the worst possible way. Seriously not only are they all plastic but their brain capacity is worse than a 2 year old.

I think the only reason I ever turn on the TV is to watch Sport (just one more month till the FIFA World Cup) or the news or a documentary program I do enjoy watching cooking program even though I'm not the worlds best cook.

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
There aren't very many shows I'm willing to watch out there right now, so it'd be easier to list the ones I will watch than the ones I won't, but here goes.

I can't stand any reality shows, performance shows, most drama shows (SGU is the exception there, even though I'm still annoyed with how they canceled SGA for it), or medical shows (House is the one exception). I can't stand Lost, Glee and most shows on tv right now. Not too surprisingly, I don't watch a lot of tv right now. If we ever get cable again, I'll probably stick to science channels and the like.

Tara

Rose: You're NOT keeping the horse!
Doctor Who: I let you keep Mickey, now lets go!
Doctor Who, The Girl in the Fireplace
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
American Idol
Dancing with the Stars
and
anything that involves the audience voting huh .

I love some reality shows that are really about talent and creativity and that I can learn from (Top Chef, Project Runway), but I won't watch anything based around a particular "celebrity."

There isn't much we watch on the traditional networks any more. And I don't think I've ever seen more than 5 minutes of Desperate Housewives.

MLT Offline
Merriwether
Merriwether
Professional wrestling.

No way. No how. Never.

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
Kerth
Kerth
What I don't watch? Almost everything. The only show running in Germany that is an exception is House, M. D. - and occasionally a talent show for singing, but mostly to see all those idiots who couldn't carry a tune in a bucket. blush But only because it helps me deal with the fact that I'm a bad singer, myself. (At least others are worse - and don't even know it!)

Regarding Smallville: I actually watched most of the first three or four seasons (plus a select few episodes of the following seasons), but I must admit that I got pretty tired of the 'Clark mooning over Lana' issue, plus I didn't quite like Clark's character.

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Anything that is reality TV. Although I never wanted to like or watch those - I hated the entire concept from the get-go.

A show that I have desperately wanted to like and somehow never could was Torchwood. I've watched episodes hoping for a change of heart, but, sadly, it's never happened.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Top Banana
Top Banana
Desperate Housewives - I try to stay away from shows that I think will have a lot of sex in them. Kinda raunchy.

Sex in the City - See above

Glee - Again with the raunchiness

Family Guy - Do you see a pattern here? Though this one also bugs me because they bash Christians frequently.

Now why I like Friends and Seinfeld, I'm not sure, since they have a lot of sex in them. huh

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Though this one also bugs me because they bash Christians frequently.
Is there anyone Family Guy doesn't bash frequently? goofy I kind of like that it indulges in equal opportunity bashing and doesn't usually miss anyone out. laugh

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Top Banana
Top Banana
Is there anyone Family Guy doesn't bash frequently? goofy I kind of like that it indulges in equal opportunity bashing and doesn't usually miss anyone out. laugh
Much like South Park, my guilty pleasure. XD

The only shows I really won't watch are the reality competition shows, like Project Runway, America's Next Top Model, etc. But more out of a total lack of time/interest than active dislike. (I do differentiate them from non-competitive reality shows like What Not To Wear, which I love!) I did watch a few episodes of Beauty and the Geek UK, though, and thought it was cute. And a whole season of Big Brother UK... You do it better across the pond, what can I say. goofy

I also won't watch Smallville, because I did watch it for a season or so a few years back, and grew bored of it. Like many others here, I'm pretty much only a fan of L&C as an incarnation of Superman (and the first Chris Reeve movie).

Julie smile

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
Top Banana
Top Banana
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Though this one also bugs me because they bash Christians frequently.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is there anyone Family Guy doesn't bash frequently? I kind of like that it indulges in equal opportunity bashing and doesn't usually miss anyone out.
Very true. I suppose I'm more sensitive to the Christian bashing though.

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard