Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Top Banana
Top Banana
I simply couldn't stay away from this thread.

I watch almost nothing live. The ONLY exception is ...don't shoot me... Smallville. There are elements of that show that I have enjoyed very much. When it is all done I think I'm going to go through and pick out about 1/10 of the episodes and make "Bob's Smallville" with a lot of Clois wallbash

As to what I am watching now, all on DVD are:
Wonderfalls: There is only 1 season but it is fabulous.
Pushing Daisies: Iolan's crossover got me hooked.
Nero Wolf: The Timothy Hutton as Archie version.
Dresden Files: Again only one season. I liked the series better than the books.
Farscape: The Aeryn/Crichton relationship reminds me of Lois and Clark.
Firefly: It was just fun.

Bob

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
I wasn't going to jump into this thread either, but I need a break from convention work.

Of current shows, Castle is by far my favorite. I seem to have a 'thing' for strong,attractive, competant women. Go figure.

I enjoyed Chuck but it seems to be having trouble figuring out where it wants to go. The premise was too limited to sustain several seasons. It doesn't look good for its survival.

NCIS has stayed strong and I enjoy the Mentalist when I get a chance to see it. The Human Target has potential to be fun, but we haven't seen enough to see if it has legs.

I too liked the Dresden files a lot. The show turned me onto the books (though I certainly wouldn't say that it was better than the books). It took me a while to reconcile the physical differences between the characters of the show and the books.

SciFi (now SyFy, or something like that) also has a great original series with Eureka. Fun show.

Never a big fan of the Stargate franchise, but I did watch them if I was home. Can't watch the new one... its incredibly boring.

I really liked Burn Notice (which I discovered through the DVDs)but I haven't been able to watch it this past season.

I've tried to watch Bones several times but I just don't find her appealing at all.

Not a big Dr. Who fan since the Tom Baker days (Sarah Jane), but I absolutely loved Torchwood which I got into via the DVD sets. I think it took me three weeks to get through all three seasons.

That brings us to Smallville. I'm embarrassed to say that I watch it if I'm home. But for one main reason only... Erica Durance. I think she does a great job as Lois (especially given the 'quality' of material she has to work with). Lets face it, the writing on that show is abysmal.

Tank (who has to admit that his most frequent television watching involves Minnesota Twins baseball)

Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally posted by Tank:
I too liked the Dresden files a lot. The show turned me onto the books (though I certainly wouldn't say that it was better than the books). It took me a while to reconcile the physical differences between the characters of the show and the books.
I will point out that I didn't say that the show was better then the books, I was simply saying that I liked the show more than the books. smile I found the books to be a bit too dark for my tastes.

Bob

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Smallville's Clark is even more of a bonehead than ours. goofy

I blame the writers. They went into the story saying "no flights, no tights" and that seems to have painted them into a corner. He really should have created Superman by now; the only reason he hasn't is that the writers don't want to go there. So they have to invent reasons to prevent it, on screen, and the reasons get really thin at times.

Still, it's maddening to watch.

PJ
who gets to hear her husband expound on all the interesting points and problems of Smallville. :rolleyes: Interesting to him, anyway. wink

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Smallville's Clark is even more of a bonehead than ours. [Wallbash]
Totally agree. In fact, this season they are writing Clark very out of character - he's doing things that Superman would never do.

For example, in the beginning of the season, he was "tagging" by burning his "S" symbol into nearby walls with his heat vision.

And he got information out of a character by speeding her up to the top of a skyscraper and threatening to drop her. Superman WOULD NOT DO THIS!

I'm wondering if he's been possessed, or mind-warped, or something, because the Clark on "Smallville" is not acting like the future Superman at all.

Just my two cents.

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Originally posted by IolantheAlias:

And he got information out of a character by speeding her up to the top of a skyscraper and threatening to drop her. Superman WOULD NOT DO THIS!
Our Clark did take whatshisname to the top of a few story building in TOGOM. The script says he has Dillinger at the top of a 30 story building, shoves him off the building then catches him near the ground. I didn't think it was that tall in the show but...

Merriwether
Merriwether
Oh, thanks, Tank, I forgot about Eureka when I posted mine. I spent a lot of Mother's Day watching the marathon on SyFy. I just love how it's a town of geniuses, yet it's the non-genius sheriff that makes the intuitive leaps to save the day.

I enjoyed the Dresden Files when it was on tv, and it got me into the books. Sure, they're dark, but I absolutely love Harry and all of his wisecracks. laugh

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Blogger
Blogger
Ditto on the "not being allowed to watch Friends because I was too young" thing. I think I was 12 or 13 when the show started and didn't really start watching it until I was in my 20's...at which point I couldn't get enough of it.

All time favorites (besides LnC):

-Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman--The history in this is just great and Joe Lando is certainly easy on the eyes!
-Star Trek TNG
-Star Trek Voyager

Recently watched all of DS9...to the person who said they couldn't get into it...you kind of have to struggle through the first two seasons, but once you get to the buildup of the Dominion War, it gets VERY good.

Currently watching:
-Private Practice--Love Addison...(can I tell you how much I HATE Naomi and wish they'd write her out of the show?)
-Grey's Anatomy-This one goes up and down for me. The show seems like it goes through two phases repeatedly-it is either REALLY good or they don't know where they are going with it.
-In Plain Sight (on USA Network)-Follows a female Witness Protection Officer (US Marshall), her life, interactions with witnesses, her partner (who is hilarious!). Really good show.
-Big Bang Theory-My husband is a huge comic book geek and I'm a huge Star Trek fan, so this is hilarious to us. I know a lot of people who aren't "geeks" though who also love the show. Hands down funniest thing on TV right now.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I'm going to second Dr. Quinn--it's really my mom's favorite show, but I really like watching it too (favorites are definitely the first two seasons, before they switched actresses for Colleen--the second one never felt like a pioneer girl to me--she didn't have the same "feel" and didn't click as well with the other characters, I thought).

But my favorite show would have to be The Pretender. I love the premise, and Jarod and Miss Parker are two awesomely complex characters. Unfortunately there's not as MUCH good fanfic as there is here, but there are a couple of really good authors and one that's simply amazing, so I do enjoy the fanfic there. Although I wish they'd finished the show off, there's been some great fanfic taking off from where it ends, since it leaves things so open, so that's always good. smile

Don't point. You make holes in the air and the faeries escape.
C
Kerth
Kerth
C
I loved JAG because Harm and Mac relationship reminded me of Lois and Clark and it was the first show I attached myself to are Lois and Clark ended. Though by the end I was annoyed at how long they dragged out them admitting they were in love with each other. A lot of guest stars on Lois and Clark were guest stars on JAG as well.

Veronica Mars was cool I loved the first season and while the next two weren't as goon they were enjoyable. I especially enjoyed Veronica's sassy attitude.

Currently when I'm bothered enough I'll watch Bones, The Mentalist, SVU and my in part due to my love of all things Twilight I'll watch Vampire Diaries, but for the most part I don't watch too much anymore.

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
IMO, there aren't very many good shows out there right now. There are a few I like: House, SGU, V. I still love Doctor Who, even with the colorful new Daleks (which I'm hoping won't last!). Sadly, the only way for me to watch the new Doctor Who episodes is online & usually in not exactly the best resolution. frown

Tara

Rose: You're NOT keeping the horse!
Doctor Who: I let you keep Mickey, now lets go!
Doctor Who, The Girl in the Fireplace
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
I have to say that supernatural is my second favourite to lnc, i just love the supernatural and mix it with two hot men who could resist wink but closely following that at the moment has to be glee, theres some weird moments in it,like how that girls stomach ballooned within a week, but other than that, it plays songs which I love (big 80's girl!) and so I can sing along to them, and find myself doing, must annoy the neighbours sometimes but *shrugs*

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
But my favorite show would have to be The Pretender.
This is my second-favorite show behind L&C -- in fact, they're the only shows I've ever watched from pilot to finale during their original run.

I was really into Buffy the Vampire Slayer for a while. Seasons 2 and 3 are really amazing. After that things began to drop off.

I also love Wonderfalls! It's so creative and intelligent and funny.

Molly
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I just recently started watching Castle on DVD, thanks to some of the recommendations I saw here. Wow, IT is very L&C-like, especially first season L&C. I love it!!

Molly
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I started watching Desperate Housewives because of Teri, but have learned to love it. My new favorite of this last year was the Good Wife. She is so much fun. I also love Simon Baker in the Mentalist.

I love Tom Selleck in Blue Bloods and Kathy Bates in Harry's Law. Both are new this year.

I came back to fix this because I forgot some of my favorite shows from the BBC. Keeping Up Appearances, As Time Goes By, & Fawlty Towers are a few of my favorites.

Pat

MLT Offline
Merriwether
Merriwether
Let's see...

The CFL on TSN (Canadian football - although I'm still recovering from Saskatchewan's loss to Edmonton this past weekend. But in spite of that, I think my boys are going to the Greycup this year and I think they're going to win laugh )

This will, when winter comes, change to Canadian curling on TSN.

Oh, and I'm a big fan of Mash reruns on The History Channel.

Other than that... whatever looks good when I'm in the mood to watch TV.

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
S
Columnist
Columnist
S
My watching habits aren’t typical since I refuse to pay for television, only watch about 2 hours a week when I’m working away from home and too busy to watch TV when I am home.

So, that said, I’m partial to:
L&C (own on DVD)
Star Trek: Deep Space 9 (own on DVD),
Quantum Leap (own on DVD),
Eureka when I can catch it,
Stargate (any) when I can catch it,
That 70’s Show when I can catch it,
Been watching Twilight Zone (old and new) and The Outer Limits when I have bandwidth.

Shallowford
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm currently only watching a couple of shows:

Dexter S4
The Mentalist (re-runs of S1)
Medium S6

And rewatching/wallowing from my DVD collection:

Stargate Atlantis

I'll be watching Sherlock and Wire In The Blood S5/6 over the weekend, because the DVDs arrived this week. Although watching the former for the second time will no doubt make me even more crazy for S2 to arrive and resolve that cliffhanger! Yikes! goofy

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
The only show I've followed lately was Ghost Whisperer even though it became kind of repetitive after five seasons (must be one of the reasons why it was cancelled). But it has ghosts and that supernatural element tends to captivate me.

Whenever I can I watch The Mentalist (but public television in Portugal hasn't complied with my needs and work schedules so I'm behind on what's happenning in the show).

But other than that (and besides LnC)I'm a fan of Quantum Leap, loved the short-lived Carnivale as well as The PJs, watched Charmed and reruns of Full House religiously :rolleyes: . Oh! And I cannot forget to mention Sailor Moon, my favorite animated series since I was...8.

And Remington Steele. It has crime, mistery, romance, what more could I want (besides ghosts, maybe)
laugh

Granny Weatherwax: 'You've got to think headology, see? Not muck about with all this beauty and wealth business. That's not important.'

Wyrd Sisters, Terry Pratchett
Features Writer
Features Writer
Firefly, for me, right now is on top of LNC. That show has/had just about EVERTHING I could have wanted in a TV show, Jayne Cobb being the BEST mercenary every, Mal the best pirate captain, Wash an awesome/funny/cute pilot.

After LNC is Deadwood and The Tudors, I watch the reruns on 101 every time they come on. Something about the language, even the blue stuff, is so poetic and meaningful.

Avatar: The Last Airbender on Nick was good and so was Invader Zim. Icarly isn't bad either, I watch it with my 12 year old, but I can't find anything that was ever as good as Firefly.

"A year from now, ten, they'll swing back to the belief that they can make people…*better*. And I do not hold to that. So no more running. I aim to misbehave." Malcolm Reynolds

Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something RIGHT!
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard