Next Thread
Print Thread
Z
Zoar3 Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Z
A Spring-y question, I've posted on another forum and thought I'd ask my favorite folcs on here, too. smile

I need some more basic, cottony soft T's. I used to get the majority of my T's from Old Navy, since the price was right and I liked the fun colors. Some of my T's purchased from O.N. just last Summer, the letters of the inside label, was starting to peel off. I think the bigger issue is quality does not seem to be the same. No 2 T's even same size and color fit alike, the material is sheer, and imo sorta itchy as well. Guess get spoiled by jersey soft sheets that I want that similar feeling in a T.

Any suggestions, ladies? Gents, of course, your opinions are welcome, too.

Thanks,
Mona

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I use Wal-Mart and K-Mart. The quality in the latter is a touch better, I think.
good luck
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Features Writer
Features Writer
I got a couple shirts at Old Navy to take to Hawaii earlier this month ... and returned them after the first wear. One had a hole and one had a torn seam! WTF!

I generally get T-shirts on vacation so I have a lot of location ones -- Maui, New Orleans, Vegas, etc., but when I am just buying basic ones, I often go to Ann Taylor Loft (they have really good quality solid colors, etc., and they often do deals on them like two for $20 or whatever) or the Gap Outlet, which has the stretchy T-shirts that aren't the material that pulls and wears. And who doesn't love an outlet price?

If I am going for something a bit jazzier, I go to Macy's or Nordstrom. Oh, and one random place that has some good treasures, is Costco! They stock CK, DKNY and other nice brands like Liz Claiborne.

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"
Z
Zoar3 Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Z
Thank you Artmeis and Editor Jax. KMART is usually better quality than Wal-Mart, I agree. EJ, exactly about Old Navy. The side of some the shirts had holes in the stitching. I do have a few Old Navy "Slub" T's, I believe they're called? They're thinner than the Perfect T's, (but not as sheer), really soft, and just nice lightweight for summer. Those are the only ones I'd buy again from O.N.

I do have quite a few long sleeved Perfect T's which for some reason are generally better quality than the short sleeve, though still have to try on each one, even if same size. :p . The other O.N. shirt I'm hoping to they'll get again this summer is one of their graphic ones. It's ocean themed. It's a brightish dark blue with a whale spouting a few small hearts. The one I needed to retire, lol.

Anyway, I appreciate the tips. smile

Mona

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard