Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
So I think it's established that LnC is one of our favorite early 90's shows. What other shows were y'all into in the 80's & early 90's?

I've just gotten back into 21 Jump Street (used to watch that all the time) and surprisingly, still find it very entertaining. The humor is not cheesy like some 80's shows and JD is always nice to look at. wink On the other hand, I tried getting back into Xena and Hercules and had to remove them from my queue. I don't know what I was thinking!

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
C
Kerth
Kerth
C
As cheesy as it was I loved watching Full House I'd forgotten how funny it was.

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
My favorite show of the 1980s was Remington Steele, which has a LOT in common with LnC--smart female investigator attracted to a mysterious man who won't disclose his real identity. Coincidentally, this was a time that I was working as an investigator and trying to prove myself as good as the guys. And Pierce Brosnan wasn't bad to look at either.
wink

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Definitely Cheers for me. thumbsup

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Merriwether
Merriwether
I was a big fan of the sitcoms: Who's the Boss, Cheers, ALF, Growing Pains, Family Ties, Night Court, My Two Dads, Full House, and Perfect Strangers. I don't think it was until Star Trek TNG that I started getting into the 1 hour shows and dramas, but the sitcoms still held my heart. About the time of L&C was SeaQuest. I liked the scifi-ish story lines, but often got drawn into staring at Jonathan Brandis...

Must not get stuck watching 80s theme songs on Youtube again. The cartoon themes drew me in for awhile.

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A series of short crossovers between Night Court and L&C could be amusing. Set when Superman first appears as they try to figure out how you deal with the circumstances around how he stops crooks.

Merriwether
Merriwether
That might get a bit confusing when Fat Head shows up later. wink

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Remington Steele definitely. I also liked Hill Street Blues, 3rd Rock From the Sun, A-Team, Cheers, Mad About You, and Friends. Oh, and the Simpsons. goofy

Did is a word of achievement
Won't is a word of retreat
Might is a word of bereavement
Can't is a word of defeat
Ought is a word of duty
Try is a word of each hour
Will is a word of beauty
Can is a word of power

--Author Unknown
Kerth
Kerth
If there had been an internet around at the time, my 14 year old self would have been writing Remington Steele fanfic. That was my can't-miss-it, absolute fave all through high school (and I now have all five seasons on my hard drive). I also liked Moonlighting, Cheers, The Scarecrow and Mrs. King, Riptide, Magnum PI, Family Ties, The Cosby Show and You Can't Do That on Television. Monty Python's Flying Circus was from the 70's, but it was on in reruns and my brother and I used to laugh ourselves silly over it.

I know there were others, but it's early and my brain isn't quite functioning yet. dizzy

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Big shows of the '80's for me were Hill Street Blues and Robin of Sherwood. Saturday tea-times just weren't the same without Clannad's evocative theme.

I was a huge fan of Remington Steele - until I found out that the two leads couldn't stand one another. Which spoiled it completely for me. Also, it was never the same after Bernice Fox and...whatsisname...left after S1.

Biggest show of the late '80's/early '90's was The Young Riders and The X Files.

I'm sure there are other favourites I've forgotten...

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Kerth
Kerth
Also, it was never the same after Bernice Fox and...whatsisname...left after S1.
Murphy Michaels. (FWIW, I had to think for a few minutes to come up with his last name. smile ) I did miss Murphy, but I liked the addition of Mildred.

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard