Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#222010 11/21/09 05:27 PM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Okay... so what did y'all think?

I LOVED it! Better than the book actually cause at least Edward was actually seen by Bella when she was having her little adrenaline rushes. I thought the directing was WAY better than Catherine Hardwicke's directing and I could tell they had a bigger budget for this film. I thought the story flowed well - they were able to give you a ton of info w/o making it seem drawn out. Oh yeah.. and Jacob's friggin HOT - And I'm Team Edward.. blush

The 1st movie had some cheese but the only part I kinda :rolleyes: at was the vision Alice had of Bella as a vampire. I mean, I got all excited like, oh it's gonna show Bella w/ some blood around her mouth or her eating an animal or SOMETHING cool... but no. It shows her and Edward dressed like Little House on the Prairie running barefoot through the woods. Ugh.

Can't wait to buy it. And Eclipse comes out in June!! Squee!! hyper

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I loved it. I thought they stuck very closely to the book this time. Things were sped up as they must be in a movie, but nothing important was left out and nothing crazy was added. This one seemed to be a lot less cheese-heavy in comparison with Twilight (other than that stupid frolicking in the woods bit that you mentioned, Steph. As my sister said after the movie, "Vampires should NOT frolic!" Seriously, the entire theater about died laughing at that part. Do they not screen these things for audience reaction?! They should.)

So many things about this one were better than Twilight. The sparkling was more effective, the coloring of the movie didn't make me feel like I needed a coat the whole time (that constant blue tone of Twilight makes me cold every time I see it), the vampire eyes were way cooler, it was just far superior.

And yeah, Jacob...it felt so wrong to want to go "YOW" every time his shirt was off because when they would close up on his face, I couldn't help but think, "aww, he's just a kid!" A kid with rock hard abs, but a kid just the same.

- Lauren

There's a lot of things you need to get across this universe. Warp drive, wormhole refractors. You know the thing you need most of
all? You need a hand to hold.
~10th Doctor
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I know how you feel about Jacob! Whenever he was shirtless, there was a collective gasp of appreciation from the audience. Bummer he is so young, made me feel a little uncomfortable.

Of course when Edward took his shirt off, some went 'ewwww' and I did too, at least internally. Just doesn't do it for me. <g>

I too liked that they stayed close to the book and the ending was cool (did that already happen in book 2?, I can't remember!?)

Overall, a very enjoyable film with lots of action.

Natascha

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Ha, I totally agree about Edward and the shirt. When it started coming off I whispered, "Just put it back on!" I thought the only part of the movie where he looked good was at the very end. He looks so much better when he's happy. Rob's moody, brooding look is not so much attractive IMHO.

- Lauren

There's a lot of things you need to get across this universe. Warp drive, wormhole refractors. You know the thing you need most of
~10th Doctor
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Speaking of shirtless heroes here's a quote from one of the funniest stories I've read:

"Just to show him how friendly I was I gave him a nice pat on the stomach. Goodness, he had washboard abs, the kind that made me want to do laundry then and there."

It's a "Smallville"-based fanfic and it's hilarious. "The Cock Crowed At Midnight" by Firebunny.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I too loved the movie! I was very excited that it was really close to the book. When Jacob took his shirt off the whole theater cheered, but I felt like I was too old to be admiring him wink . On the other hand when Edward took his shirt off, I really just wanted him to put it back on. Also, the frolicking bit was just too stupid looking. I can't wait till June!

Come on Lois you havent said a word since 1866!

Thanks for the avatar, Hana.
C
Kerth
Kerth
C
I loved it!!! However, I did feel the whole ending was a little rushed (and they also ended where I thought they would), but all in all really great. The wolf transition was done really well and that was the one thing that I wanted to see done well.

My friends took me to see it for my birthday and this woman from behind us gasped really loudly when Jake took off his shirt it was really funny. Alas though Taylor Lautner is too young even though I am Team Edward through and through.

Looking forward to Ecilpse my favourite from the series!

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Dang! Is Taylor Lautner really that young in RL? I just thought the character was 16. Now I feel like a pedophile.

And I agree w/ y'all... please put the shirt back on Edward.

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
C
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
C
Another three months and he's no longer jailbait.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I have just finished re-reading the book, and I'm finding that the movie was stayed even truer to it than I had originally thought. Several times I found lines or scenes that I thought had been made up for the movie that were really straight out of the book. Of course, maybe I'd have known those better if I didn't sometimes, uh, skip the part where Edward is gone. Silly me. I'm actually very impressed. It's rare to have a movie stick that close to it's book version. I really want to go see it again now!

And Steph, yeah, Taylor is 17.

- Lauren

~10th Doctor

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard