Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Okay, I'm just kidding about the title. But this was the scene from my bedroom window yesterday morning.

[Linked Image]

(hopefully this doesn't come out too big)

Did I mention that I love my shack in the woods?

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yes. I would like to shoot Bambi. wink
Venison steaks! Yum!

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I wouldn't (love to shoot Bambi)! Thanks for shooting them with your camera and not with a gun, ML!

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I do sometimes want to have a gun... but only for dealing with dangerous predators. smile Nice picture, and I'll bet you love living there.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Merriwether
Merriwether
LOL, I love the way you really "shot" them. I've had a few deer in my backyard this summer, which is really weird. I live in the suburbs, though there are a few large wooded areas near my house.

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
What a gorgeous picture! I've seen deer in our area, but not anywhere near our home. The ones I've seen have been interlopers at the San Diego Wild Animal Park, lol! There was also this one buck that jumped out in front of my car one night when I was going home from work. Fortunately, my brakes were really good and I didn't hit him.

Oh, and I, too, think it would be nice to have a gun, but only for defending myself against the most dangerous predator known to man. Fortunately, I haven't needed one so far, as I live in a fairly safe area. I do know how to handle one fairly well, though.

I'm told that my younger sister occasionally goes hunting. I'm not sure of what she hunts, though, as she's on the opposite coast from me.

Tara

Rose: You're NOT keeping the horse!
Doctor Who: I let you keep Mickey, now lets go!
Doctor Who, The Girl in the Fireplace
J
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
J
What a lovely picture, M.L. I'm so glad you used a camera and not a gun. My husband used to shoot deer and elk, and we had a freezer full of meat, but I never liked shooting them. He switched to catch and release fishing and only shoots with a camera now.

We have a summer place on an island where deer used to come to browse On our property. We would see them early in the morning and late in the evening. They are such beautiful creatures. The island didn't have very many year round residents then, and our children could tramp all over, and sleep out on a sheltered overlook with their sleeping bags. Now there are many island folk, and the deer are no longer visible. More boats in the bay have chased the seals away, and crabs and shrimp are scarce. Dogs have chased away the otters and raccoons; only the rabbits seem to have survived.

Enjoy your place to the fullest. Civilization has a way to creeping in.

smile Jude

dance

"Simplify. Simplify."
Henry David Thoreau

"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle."
George Orwell

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard