Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Jenn, I always love your questionnaires!

1. Do you consider yourself more of a reader, a watcher, or a listener? reader
2. What is the last book you read/are currently reading?Currently: Hissy Fit by Mary Kay Andrews
3. What is a book you have read at least 10 times?The ABC Murders by Agatha Christie
4. What is the last movie you saw in the theater? Harry Potter 6
5. What is a movie you never get tired of watching?His Girl Friday
6. What is the last CD you bought?Amos Lee's Supply and Demand
7. What magazines do you subscribe to? none, but I like reading People if I happen to come across it
8. Do you read the newspaper on a regular basis? If so, which one(s)? no
9. What kind of tech gadgets do you own?Creative Zen Media Player (plus basics like a laptop and cell phone - not sure those count as techy anymore!)
10. What is your guilty pleasure Web site? um... I take the Fifth. laugh
11. What are three things you can't leave the house without? sunglasses, chapstick, eye drops

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Top Banana
Top Banana
1. Do you consider yourself more of a reader, a watcher, or a listener? Heh. I'm a reader, no doubt about it. The amount of books I've been reading lately, among all else, is getting quite big.

2. What is the last book you read/are currently reading? The last book I read was Simply Dangerous by Mary Balogh. Now, I'm reading The Nanny Diaries.

3. What is a book you have read at least 10 times? Hmmmm. I don't believe I have read one book that many times yet. Give me some time, and I'll get there. wink But a book I have read often is Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone. Ever since I discovered HP, each time a new book or movie came out, I started all the way from the beginning again. *g*

4. What is the last movie you saw in the theater? That was Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince.

5. What is a movie you never get tired of watching? Dirty Dancing. Save the Last Dance. Two Weeks Notice. The Lion King. I have quite a few favourites that get pulled of the shelf a lot. Or if I'm lucky, the are broadcasted on TV.

6. What is the last CD you bought? That one was a gift for a friend. I believe it was by a Dutch artist named Ilse de Lange. For myself, the last CD I bought was years ago. I have discovered the internet. wink

7. What magazines do you subscribe to? Vriendin (Girl Friend) and the TV guide.

8. Do you read the newspaper on a regular basis? If so, which one(s)? At the moment, yes. I have a trial subscription to one of the national papers just so I am up to date with all the big sport events over the summer (I do it every year for the Tour de France). For the rest of the year, I rely on the internet, mostly of Dutch papers and every weekend, I get the local paper parents so I don't have to pay for that one.

9. What kind of tech gadgets do you own? My laptop, a cell phone, an mp3 player and I think that's about it. Not much interested in keeping up to date with everything, except when I need something.

10. What is your guilty pleasure Web site? www.funnygames.nl Lovely site for playing games, even available at work. *g*

11. What are three things you can't leave the house without? Purse (including wallet and phone), keys and clothes.

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
J
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
J
1. Do you consider yourself more of a reader, a watcher, or a listener?
All three until I lost part of my vision several years ago.

2. What is the last book you read/are currently reading?
The American Presidents (in large print) and Kate Remembered. A biography of Kathrine Hepburn by A Scott Berg (regular edition so going is slow).

3. What is a book you have read at least 10 times?
Have read many books multiple times but don’t know about 10. Probably Jane Eyre.

4. What is the last movie you saw in the theater?
Last week we had several days of 100 + degree temperatures, so hubby and I went to the movies. We saw The Proposal with Sandra Bullock and Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince (our first HP anything). However I am looking forward to next week when I will go see Julie and Julia. Love Julia Child ; can only hope Meryl Streep doesn’t turn her into a buffoon.

5. What is a movie you never get tired of watching?
I have many favorites I watch over and over depending on my mood. The one that always sends my into paroxysms of laughter is Peter Sellers’ A Shot in the Dark.

6. What is the last CD you bought?
A Hundred Miles or More by Alison Krauss and the music from the film Practical Magic.

7. What magazines do you subscribe to?
The maximum that I can read in a week: Entertainment Weekly and TV Guide.

8. Do you read the newspaper on a regular basis? If so, which one(s)?
Yes. Before I lost my vision I read 3 a day: The Seattle Times, The Seattle Post-Intelligencer, The King County Journal. The last 2 have ceased publication. I read various articles online from The New York Times, the Washington Post and the Wall Street Journal. BTW, the Seattle P.I. had a gigantic globe sculpture in front of its building for many many years. Almost identical to the one in front of The Daily Planet.

9. What kind of tech gadgets do you own?
I am tech deprived. I own a computer and a DVR. My husband is a tech junkie. He has everything and supplies my needs.

10. What is your guilty pleasure Web site?
I guess it would be this one and the other Lois and Clark site. But I don’t feel guilty about them, I just don’t spend a lot of time on line except for info gathering.

11. What are three things you can't leave the house without?
I’ll assume that clothes are a given, and say purse with money, keys and water.

 Jude

"Simplify. Simplify."
Henry David Thoreau

"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle."
George Orwell
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
1. Do you consider yourself more of a reader, a watcher, or a listener? All of the above, most definitely.

2. What is the last book you read/are currently reading? I just finished "The Time Traveler's Wife" by Audrey Niffenegger (LOVELOVELOVE), now I'm reading "The Vampire Diaries" by L.J. Smith before the show starts.

3. What is a book you have read at least 10 times? Uh... Where the Wild Things Are? As an adult, I can't think of a book I've read more than twice, let alone 10 times. I've read Twilight twice, about half of the Anita Blake series twice, Where the Red Fern Grows twice... and I think that's pretty much it.

4. What is the last movie you saw in the theater? I'm not gonna lie, I see a LOT of movies. But I'm filling out this survey just so I could answer this question because my current answer is so awesome... "Dead Snow". A Norwegian movie about zombie Nazis with an outhouse sex scene and more intestines/entrails than I have ever seen on film before. You know you wanna see it. Before that it was "Funny People".

5. What is a movie you never get tired of watching? The Matrix laugh

6. What is the last CD you bought? An ACTUAL CD... I have no idea. But I just bought the (500) Days of Summer soundtrack on iTunes.

7. What magazines do you subscribe to? Entertainment Weekly for me... Time for my husband.

8. Do you read the newspaper on a regular basis? If so, which one(s)? No. I get my news from "The Daily Show". (Sorry, Jenn) I do read the Redeye (free Chicago entertainment publication) and the Onion occasionally though.

9. What kind of tech gadgets do you own? iPod. Macbook. DVR. Pleo. If you don't know what a Pleo is, look it up. It's freaking adorable.

10. What is your guilty pleasure Web site? Twitter. I'm so addicted. add me. @aeonish

11. What are three things you can't leave the house without? Phone, keys, purse. I have to verbally say them out loud and make sure I have them before I can leave the house.

Thanks to Cat for my rockin' avatar!
++++
(About Lois & Clark)
Perry: Son, you just hit the bulls eye. It's like we're supporting characters in some TV show and it's only about them.
Jimmy: Yeah! It's like all we do is advance their plots.
Perry: To tell you the truth, I'm sick of it.
Jimmy: Man, me too!
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville

I kind of go in spurts. Right now I'm more of a listener and youtube watcher (gotta watch those Doctor Who MVs!)

I recently finished reading The Diamond of Darkhold, the last book in the Ember series.

Rilla of Ingleside, and 10 would be a VAST understatement.

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

Anne of Green Gables and Anne of Avonlea

Full CD? Hmm...Anberlin's New Surrender, I think. Or maybe Chess.

The Food Network magazine

No, not really ever.

Um...macbook, ipod, dvr, satellite radio, cell phone, flat panel TV, surround sound

Youtube and lately livejournal

Cell phone, sunglasses, and pretty often my computer

- Lauren

There's a lot of things you need to get across this universe. Warp drive, wormhole refractors. You know the thing you need most of
all? You need a hand to hold.
~10th Doctor
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville

I feel completely the odd one out reading all the other responses, but I am most definitely a watcher. I am a listener too, but I'm afraid other than work stuff, fanfic, newspapers and the odd biography, I am not a reader.

As I said, I hardly ever get around to reading books, but I think it was probably Teri's 'Burnt Toast!'

I'm not so sure there is one. Probably kids books like Enid Blyton.

It was a long time ago. I like movies, but much prefer to watch them on DVD at home snuggled up with some snacks and a nice bottle of wine. Oh, I know, it was Sex and the City!

The Sound of Music, a heartwarming classic I have loved for as long as I can remember.

As others have said, I do a lot more downloading than buying CDs. I think it was maybe Leona Lewis' Spirit.

None, though I do buy gossip and fashion mags from time to time.

Yes, although it's very hard to find one over here with a genuine, balanced opinion. They're all driven by whatever their polictical sympathies are. I am ashamed to say that I read the Daily Mail. Those who are aware of it will understand why! I read it just because it's a convenient cross between trashy tabloids and dull broadsheets, but I don't buy it, I read it at work!

I am so behind with technology, wasting my money instead on clothes and shoes etc. I've only really got a cell phone and a basic computer (not even a laptop). Oh, and I do have Sky-plus, which I think is called Tivo in the U.S.

This one (though I don't really feel guilty!), Annesplace and Facebook.

Lippy, cell phone and car keys.

"There's a fine line between brilliance and lunacy" - CK to LL(Madame Ex)
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard