Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
I'm hot and being mindless, so here's a poll about the media and other things. I was thinking about the fact that we're all from different areas of the world, and all bring such different things to the table. And if nothing else, maybe I'll get some reading recommendations. wink

1. Do you consider yourself more of a reader, a watcher, or a listener?
2. What is the last book you read/are currently reading?
3. What is a book you have read at least 10 times?
4. What is the last movie you saw in the theater?
5. What is a movie you never get tired of watching?
6. What is the last CD you bought?
7. What magazines do you subscribe to?
8. Do you read the newspaper on a regular basis? If so, which one(s)?
9. What kind of tech gadgets do you own?
10. What is your guilty pleasure Web site?
11. What are three things you can't leave the house without?

My answers:
1. Do you consider yourself more of a reader, a watcher, or a listener? A reader. My love affair with books started before I could even walk, and I read all kinds of stuff, from newspapers to magazines to books in all genres.

2. What is the last book you read/are currently reading? The last book I read is "Firefly Lane" by Kristin Hannah, and I am currently reading "American Wife" by Curtis Sittenfeld.

3. What is a book you have read at least 10 times? "The Nanny Diaries," by Emma McLaughlin and Nicola Kraus. It's so witty and pithy.

4. What is the last movie you saw in the theater? "Sex and the City," last July. I know, I am extremely lame.

5. What is a movie you never get tired of watching? "Miss Congeniality." It never fails to make me laugh.

6. What is the last CD you bought? Josh Groban's "Noel," back in December. I do need to buy a new Heart's greatest hits CD though, because <sob> mine broke.

7. What magazines do you subscribe to? Entertainment Weekly, Parents and Parenting.

8. Do you read the newspaper on a regular basis? If so, which one(s)? I read The Seattle Times and will look at the LA Times and New York Times occasionally.

9. What kind of tech gadgets do you own? A pink Zune, a gray BlackBerry Curve, DVR, two laptops.

10. What is your guilty pleasure Web site? Celebrity Baby Blog. I will openly admit I read it every day.

11. What are three things you can't leave the house without? My BlackBerry, chapstick and my sunglasses. I probably should say my son, but sometimes, god willing, I leave the house without him.

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"
Blogger
Blogger
Ooo! A poll! thumbsup

What is the last book you read/are currently reading? I'm almost finished with "The Dante Club" by Matthew Pearl. It's a fun, rather gory mystery/thriller that takes place in 19th century Boston as Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, Oliver Wendell Holmes and James Russell Lowell (and their publisher J.T. Fields) try to find out who is re-enacting the scenes described in Dante's "The Inferno".

What is a book you have read at least 10 times? I'm rather embarrassed to admit it, but I read "Flowers in the Attic" by V.C. Andrews compulsively in my formative years.

What is the last movie you saw in the theater? Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.

What is a movie you never get tired of watching? Moulin Rouge. It makes me laugh, cry and sing - sometimes all at the same time.

What is the last CD you bought? An actual CD? Wow - it's been so long I don't remember.

What magazines do you subscribe to? Sadly, none. I miss having magazines around the house, but they were stacking up everywhere and it came down to either keeping the subscriptions or the husband.

Do you read the newspaper on a regular basis? If so, which one(s)? Not in print, I don't. But I do go online daily and ramble through the Boston Globe, the New York Times and the LA Times.

What kind of tech gadgets do you own? The usual - iPod, cell phone, laptop, Tivo…

What is your guilty pleasure Web site? You're looking at it. blush

What are three things you can't leave the house without? My keys, my wallet and a pair of sunglasses.

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you've made up your mind that you just aren't doing anything productive for the rest of the day.

"It's Dean Cain, Grandpa. He lives in our chair." G.R.I.P.E.S
Merriwether
Merriwether
1. Do you consider yourself more of a reader, a watcher, or a listener? -- A little of all three. I'm more of a reactionist and a sponge than anything else
2. What is the last book you read/are currently reading? -- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
3. What is a book you have read at least 10 times? -- Little Women
4. What is the last movie you saw in the theater? -- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (nice timing, huh?)
5. What is a movie you never get tired of watching? -- White Christmas
6. What is the last CD you bought? -- Green Day's 21st Century Breakdown
7. What magazines do you subscribe to? -- Myself, none. Hubby gets GameInformer
8. Do you read the newspaper on a regular basis? If so, which one(s)? -- Not at all
9. What kind of tech gadgets do you own? -- Used to own an iPod, but I lost it. I now have a Blackberry, though. 2 desktops, 1 laptop...
10. What is your guilty pleasure Web site? -- Twitter. All those celebrities talking about their lives, and Brent Spiner making up stories
11. What are three things you can't leave the house without? -- wallet, keys, pants

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Features Writer
Features Writer
A watcher. If you mean whether I read or watch TV most. I like vegging out. Doesn't mean I don't read, I most certainly do. Have done more so the past few months than any other time since graduating highschool.

Freaks4Fangs. It was one of the bargain books at Books a Million.

...Green Eggs and Ham?

Either Star Trek or Wolverine Origins XD

Mulan. No wait, the Mummy. Man, there are a FEW movies I can continuously watch :p

I bought three CDs, but I only remember buying Rascal Flatts. I remember this because I was listening to 'What Hurts the Most' when I got in my car wreck a month or so ago :p

None. XD I DO skim the ones at work, though. Men's Health and Cosmopolitan both make my cheeks turn red :p

Newp.

Cheap cell phone, mp3 player. Computer. Um... Yep, pretty much techless XD

fanfiction.net XD

Notebook, wallet, and clothing.

Mmm cheese.

I vid, therefor I am.

The hardest lesson is that love can be so fair to some, and so cruel to others. Even those who would be gods.

Anne Shirley: I'm glad you spell your name with a "K." Katherine with a "K" is so much more alluring than Catherine with a "C." A "C" always looks so smug.
Me: *cries*
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
[QUOTE]Originally posted by EditorJax:
[QB] I'm hot and being mindless, so here's a poll about the media and other things. I was thinking about the fact that we're all from different areas of the world, and all bring such different things to the table. And if nothing else, maybe I'll get some reading recommendations. wink

Oh, *THIS* kind of poll! See, I looked in the other section and---*cough*. Anyway:

1. Reader, probably. I'm not as book-wormy as I used to be, but the internet helps me maintain my rep. *g*

2. I have, sitting beside me, The Complete Sherlock Holmes. It will be due back at the library soon, and the part I'm at is the part I have also downloaded on my computer, so my pace is slowed as I waffle over what to do.

3. Probably a book from my childhood; most others are 5 or less. Hmm, I'm gonna go with....um.....Around The World In A Red Balloon. Man, it's been ages....

4. I had to double check with Dad because I think it was Watchmen, and we just saw the dvd yesterday so my memory may be skewed. He confirms it was Watchmen, though.

5. Marx Brothers: Animal Crackers. Or just about anything with the 4 Marx Bros, really, but AC is my all time fave. laugh

6. I...usually don't buy CDs. Most CDs I own are gifts. The last sound-related thing I bought, though, was the Director's Commentary track for the DC vs Marvel toons on YouTube. Those. Are. Awesome.

7. I don't subscribe to things. I came close when I religiously went to a comic book store to buy the next issue of Harley Quinn, but that comic has ended long ago.

8. ...Do the funny pages count? peep

9. Uh, I have a laptop...and a cell phone...and that's about it. o_o

10. Haha, guilty pleasures? Me? Hahaha *cough* *cough* *cough* Okay, sometimes in a blue moon I check out the nfic site. It's rare anymore, though. For a more g-rated guilty pleasure, I used to hang out at the official site for a Christian radio drama called Adventures in Odyssey. Again, it's been a while there. :p

11. Purse, Phone, Shoes/Sweatshirt. That's about it, I think. smile

~•~
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
1. Do you consider yourself more of a reader, a watcher, or a listener? I guess a watcher

2. What is the last book you read/are currently reading? Is it sad that that I'm having a hard to remembering? I think the last book I read just because and not for class was The Myth Of Monogamy, very interesting read by the way.

3. What is a book you have read at least 10 times? I dont think I've read any book more than two or three times, fanfic is another story. I guess The Tell-Tale heart by Edgar Allan Poe, I've read it at least once a year since six grade.

4. What is the last movie you saw in the theater?I think it was UP in 3D.

5. What is a movie you never get tired of watching? Beauty and the Beast the disney version.

6. What is the last CD you bought? CD? I forget that those still exist. The last one I bought was Mika's Life in Cartoon Motion about two years ago.

7. What magazines do you subscribe to? None, my brother and sister in law subscribe to almost every mag under the sun so I mostly just "borrow" theirs.

8. Do you read the newspaper on a regular basis? If so, which one(s)? Not really, I guess prefer the New York Times but I mostly read the AM New York because I get one for free before I hop on the train.

9. What kind of tech gadgets do you own? The Iphone, it's my baby and the love of my life and the desktop which spends more time on the fritz than actually working and thats about it.

10. What is your guilty pleasure Web site? It used to be the boards but I dont really visit as much as I used to anymore so I guess Facebook.

11. What are three things you can't leave the house without? Ipnone, cherry chapstick, underwear not necessarily in that order.

Procrastinators unite! Tomorrow.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
1. Do you consider yourself more of a reader, a watcher, or a listener? Reader, although watcher comes pretty close.
2. What is the last book you read/are currently reading? The last I read was Elizabeth Gaskell's North and South. Currently reading "Scusa ma ti chiamo amore" by Federico Moccia - I know it's been translated to spanish but not sure if into english.... literally it'll be 'Forgive me but I'll call you love'.
3. What is a book you have read at least 10 times? Book...um, I've read twice Pride&Prejudice, Sherlock Holme's adventure maybe 3 times...but into the '10 times' category, only L&C fanfic would fall in wink
4. What is the last movie you saw in the theatre? Angels&Demons
5. What is a movie you never get tired of watching? I'm not much of a movie 'rewatcher' goofy , only if I happen to come across it on tv while zapping, if it is a movie a really liked I would rewatch it. But I've seen a couple of times Brigette Jone's diary (the second), Da Vinci's code and Pirates of the Caribbean.
6. What is the last CD you bought? I'm not much a music person as to buy CD's... as weird as it sounds :rolleyes:
7. What magazines do you subscribe to? None
8. Do you read the newspaper on a regular basis? If so, which one(s)? When I was in Peru yes, usually I bought a news paper almost every friday or every sunday, now in Spain..not really.
9. What kind of tech gadgets do you own? Well, my cellphone (Samsung Omnia) and a laptop...not much.
10. What is your guilty pleasure Web site? YouTube or Watch Movies Online.... blush
11. What are three things you can't leave the house without? Only 3 things?? Cellphone, Klinex (I'm allergic so it's a must, I never know when my nose will start bothering me)along with my inhaler (I have asthma), wallet and now that's summer, sunglasses.

Carolyn smile

Pisco and Ceviche ->100% PERUVIAN. Never doubt that.
Kerth
Kerth

Reader if I have to make a choice.

Lean Mean Thirteen by Janet Evanovich

Master and Commander by Patrick O'Brien

The Watchmen

The Incredibles

Not sure - probably the soundtrack CD for "The Mrs. Bradley Mysteries," a 1930s detective series.

Private Eye

No

LCD TV, digital radio, digital TV receivers / hard disk recorders, home cinema sound system, DVD recorder, 2 desktop PCs, laptop, hand-held PC, stack-loading CD duplicating machine, network colour laser printer, 2 digital cameras, microscope, motorised planetarium, laminating machine, telephone answering machine, mobile phone.

Guilt? What is this thing called guilt?

Keys, wallet, clothes.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oh dear. Don't think I'm going to be much good at this one...

Reader, although watcher is a close second. Listener, almost never.

Last book I read was Rhapsody by Elizabeth Haydon. Didn't enjoy it. Book I'm reading at the moment is Stephen King's It.

Oh grief. See, this is where I flounder. I'm hopeless at choosing favourite books or movies. If it was demanded of me to save my life, I could probably get it down to my favourite 100. Maybe. I've shelves of books behind me that I've read 10 or more times. Books I read are divided into keepers and books I liked at the time but wouldn't read again. The keepers are read over and over. I suppose C.S. Lewis's Narnia books and Dodie Smith's 101 Dalmatians and The Starlight Barking would be early examples of keepers. But there have been many since. Including It...which I must be reading for the 100th time.

Thanks to a difference of opinion between myself and Stuart as to the optimum time to watch a movie in a cinema it must be years since I saw a movie there. In fact, I'm fairly sure it was Titanic.

Again, where to start? I have a very large DVD/Blueray collection of movies and TV shows which cover most genres and what I love about that is that I can watch them again and again as suits my mood of the day. I suppose two examples here though would be The Swan Princess and Jaws. I adore the first because it has everything you want from an animated movie - comedy, great songs, romance and great characters. And Jaws...well, it's not a classic for nothing. Absolute perfection in every way it's put together.

I really couldn't say. I haven't listened to music for years now, other than the odd moment here and there. It's just not a part of my life.

None. There are few things, if any, in magazines these days that I couldn't find for free online.

I gave up reading newspapers two decades ago for the sake of my blood pressure. I hated the editorial bias and being told what to think by their editors. At least online I can go hunting for various sources of a news story and make up my own mind as to the truth of it.

Stuart's the gadget guy. I'm afraid I'm a bit of a Luddite. Although having said that, I enjoy tech that makes it easier to watch movies in the comfort of my own home. Otherwise, I've barely - and only recently - been convinced by Stuart that I must own a mobile phone and I still tend to get flustered when I have to use it outdoors.

Huffington Post. It drives me crazy but somehow I can't give up on checking it out first thing in the morning after I check my email, since finding it in the middle of the US election.

Well, last week it was a five pound note, hankies and a urine sample - but that's not exactly typical. goofy Boring things probably like the front door key and cash. And my mobile phone - if Stuart puts it firmly into my jacket pocket before he goes with a pointed look. Otherwise I'll probably forget the darn thing again.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Well, last week it was a five pound note, hankies and a urine sample
Oh, Labrat! rotflol

You know that list of yours sounds suspiciously like the ingredients to a hilarious scavenger hunt ficlet. You should post it to the challenge folder immediately!

Reader and watcher have alternated. Currently it's reader.

"Dune Messiah" by Frank Herbert, "What You Should Know About Your Child" by Maria Montessori and "Bookkeeping for Dummies". I'm having trouble prioritizing.

"Ender's Game" by Orson Scott Card.

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.

Oh there are many. I'll go with "The Princess Bride" today.

The last album I bought via iTunes was "The Gift" by Eric Tingstad and Nancy Rumbel. Does that count?

Used to get the New Yorker, but we let our subscription lapse recently.

Not so much since we moved to Georgia. A while back, I read the San Francisco Chronicle while riding BART (either over someone's shoulder or using a discarded copy).

Cell phone, laptop, mobile DVD player for trips.

Annesplace

Keys, wallet, clothes.

Kerth
Kerth
Do you consider yourself more of a reader, a watcher, or a listener? Reader.

What is the last book you read/are currently reading? 'Mistaken Identity' by the VanRyn and Cerak families.

What is a book you have read at least 10 times? 'Captain Jim' - part of an Australian children's series by Mary Grant Bruce.

What is the last movie you saw in the theater? Now this is somewhat embarrassing. The movie was actually called 'My Year Without Sex', directed by a woman called Sarah Watt who lives about half an hour from me, and filmed locally. Despite the title, it was a reasonable movie.

What is a movie you never get tired of watching? Gallipoli

What is the last CD you bought? I'm not sure I've bought one.

What magazines do you subscribe to? None.

Do you read the newspaper on a regular basis? If so, which one(s)? Not regularly. If anything, the Melbourne Herald Sun.

What kind of tech gadgets do you own? Cell phone.

What is your guilty pleasure Web site? These boards.

What are three things you can't leave the house without? Keys, wallet, phone.

C
Kerth
Kerth
C

A reader definitely always been since I was young

My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult and I'm currently reading Handle With Care also by her

Pride and Prejudice

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

The Sound of Music

Revelation by a Christian band called Third Day

None

Not usually, but when I do it's The Australian

A laptop, a GPS (which my dad uses more than I do), mobile phone, three digital cameras though I really only use one and three ipods

Usually a website on Twilight

My mobile phone, a book and my ipod

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
Merriwether
Merriwether
I'll answer the ones that are intersting and unique.

1. Do you consider yourself more of a reader, a watcher, or a listener? Depends. I do all three.
2. What is the last book you read/are currently reading? Rescue My Child
3. What is a book you have read at least 10 times? C. S. Lewis's Narnia holds the record, don't know how many times.
4. What is the last movie you saw in the theater? Don't go to theaters, but last recent movie is Fireproof.
5. What is a movie you never get tired of watching? Miracle (with Kurt Russell).
8. Do you read the newspaper on a regular basis? If so, which one(s)? Times, PI, or TNT, if I see a copy. I go mostly with sports and puzzles, though. (Still think it's awesome that I've probably seen something you edited, Jen.)

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
1. Do you consider yourself more of a reader, a watcher, or a listener? I'm a reader, although I can get hooked into watching if I'm bored.

2. What is the last book you read/are currently reading? This is embarassing, it was Deja Demon by Julie Kenner. I'm a sucker for love/adventure stories with a fantasy or supernatural element--you'd never guess, would you? But I've also been skimming through several books on medieval history, paleontology, and the Civil War for work. (I am a jack-of-all-trades at a history museum, and my favorite part is planning the children's educational programs.)

3. What is a book you have read at least 10 times? Can't think of one. Books I re-read every few years include the Lord of the Rings, the Harry Potter series, Pride and Prejudice, and several Georgette Heyer romances.

4. What is the last movie you saw in the theater? Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

5. What is a movie you never get tired of watching? True Lies

6. What is the last CD you bought? Can't remember, I don't usually buy CDs. It was either one by one of the musicians who performs at our museum or it was Flowers in the Wildwood: Women in Early Country Music, which includes a song referenced in one of our museum exhibits.

7. What magazines do you subscribe to? Southern Living, Smithsonian, Reader's Digest, and several women's magazines.

8. Do you read the newspaper on a regular basis? Yes. If so, which one(s)? The Atlanta Journal-Constitution (which I am becoming increasingly fed up with as they pare it down to nothing) and our local paper, which is free. If the AJC ever gets rid of the comics, which I find inconvenient to read online, my subscription will end immediately.

9. What kind of tech gadgets do you own? An Ipod which my daughter appropriated after hers broke, a cheap cell phone, a small digital camera, and an outdated computer.

10. What is your guilty pleasure Web site? This one.

11. What are three things you can't leave the house without? A shirt, pants, and my glasses. Without my glasses I might never find my way back home.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ah, I love the smell of a poll.

-I suppose a reader.

-Eek, I'm in between books! I just finished Brsinger in the Eragon series. Maybe the Mists of Avalon will be next...

-Pride & Prejudice.

-Harry Potter

-Enchanted. *insert big stupid grin* I'm not kidding. For the snarling cynic that I usually am, my mom walked into my living room a couple of days ago and was just BAFFLED at why I had such a ridiculous grin on my face.

-Possibly Queen, "Live Killers"

-I love buying off the rack actually. My regular mags are Step Inside Design, Print, and Newsweek. (And sometimes People or US if I'm having a trashy weekend. :p )

-Nah, I hit all the online news when I'm taking a break at work. Yahoo, FoxNews, CNN, Wall Street, Politico, etc...

-Macbook Pro and my Nikon D40, but we are geeked out at work. Adobe CS4, dual flat-screen Dells, new phone headsets...it's my geeky dream. smile

You're looking at it! goofy

Lunch bag, office key, annnnd pants.

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Top Banana
Top Banana

Definitely a reader.

The Ashes of Eden (a Star Trek novel) by William Shatner

None--there are too many other fascinating books to read--the most I've read any novel is 3-5 times. When I was younger though, my favorite Dr. Seuss book was The Lorax, so I might've read that more than 10 times, I guess.

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

It depends on my mood.

I have no idea--it was at least ten years ago.

Until recently, I subscribed to TVGuide, but that's done now.

Nope, don't read the paper--there's much less depressing stuff around for me to read.

iPod, Blackberry, old cell phone, Palm Tungsten, printer/scanner/copier, laptop, DSL modem (with no DSL internet), wireless router, TV, VCR/DVD-R combo . . . need I go on?

Any nFic fanfic site in a couple of the fandoms I read fic in--specifically, at least Elysian Fields (Buffy fandom) and Anne's Place (this fandom, duh), to name two.

My keys, my backpack and my cell phone.

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Okay, Jen, no need to come after me on IRC with a big stick... I'm here wink

Reader; always have been.

Just finished No Way To Treat A First Lady by Christopher Buckley. Hilarious Washington DC political and media satire with some fairly thinly-disguised caricatures - it's fun to play spot the politician/celebrity too.

The first couple that spring to mind are Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen and Racing the Moon by Terry Prone.

*cough*cinema*cough* Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.

I don't often watch films over and over, but I do enjoy rewatching Gone With The Wind, The Lake House and Wag the Dog.

I honestly can't remember, but probably something by Il Divo or Josh Groban.

None. I'm not a big fan of magazines: I resent paying for content that's at least 50% advertising. More in the case of so-called 'fashion' magazines! If I did subscribe to anything, it would probably be Time or Maclean.

In the UK, I read the Guardian every day. Now, the London (Ontario) Free Press, to keep up with local news for my job, and the Globe and Mail every so often.

I'm interpreting this as the household, not just me. Let's see: I have a netbook and a mobile phone; at home we have two MP3 players, a plasma TV, a Playstation 3 (which also plays Blu-Ray and accepts streaming video from our computers, so we can watch AVIs on the big screen), and a home theatre system. In the car, we have voice-activated GPS/sat-nav and a rear-view camera for reversing, Bluetooth voice-activated tech to link to a bluetooth mobile phone, a USB connector for MP3 players, and heated/cooled seats.

I have a lot of websites that I check on a daily basis, but I don't feel guilt about any of them, really. Maybe the Doctor Who fic archive if I'm checking it in a spare minute at work (LiveJournal is blocked at work frown ).

Keys. Money. Clothes wink

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Top Banana
Top Banana
Ooooo yay! A Poll!

Tough one... I'd say watcher though reading is a close 2nd.

I'm currently TRYING to read Baby Wise (don't know author) and Secrets of the Baby Whisperer (Tricia Hogg ~ I think). I've read about 3 chapters in each one and since I'm having my baby Monday, I doubt I'll finish them... Oh well. I guess I'll just wing it.

Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card. LOVE LOVE LOVE it.

Ice Age 3. It was nice to finally go to the movies. Me and my hubby had a mini date. Plus it was kinda special cause Ice Age 1 was the first movie we ever watched together. Isn't that schmoopsy woopsy? laugh

Oh there are tons... Star Wars (classic trilogy), Lord of the Rings, Aliens quadrilogy...

Actual CD-CD... I have no idea. I bought a "CD" on itunes though.. Twilight. That was awhile ago though.

None. Though my sweet neighbor gives me a copy of Better Home and Garden.

No. Don't be too disappointed in me Jenn.

ipod, vcr, dvd player, desktop pc... yeah, we're not very high tech at my house.

Well, it used to be this one but I haven't read nfic in awhile so... I guess I don't have one. Boring, I know.

Keys, cell, ipod

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville

A reader. I read everywhere and currently have over 300 books just on my iPod Touch.

“Crimson Joy” by Robert B. Parker (although prior to that I had just finished “Enemies and Allies” a Superman/Batman book by Kevin J. Anderson that was quite good)

“Pawn of Prophesy” by Davis Eddings

Star Trek

Hmmmm....tough question. I can watch and re-watch several TV shows I have on DVD without tiring of them (Hogan’s Heroes, 3rd Rock from the Sun, Big Bang Theory, M*A*S*H), but movies....there’s probably nothing I can do over and over again back to back, but as far as being timeless I would guess I’d have to say, “Better Off Dead”, “A Few Good Men”, “Star Wars” (the original), and “Blazing Saddles”.

Hannah Montana 3. It was for my daughter. Seriously. Stop looking at me like that.

None

Nothing on a regular basis, but I do read the local paper (Ashland Daily) and the Lexington Herald from time to time during the week.

I have an iPod Touch, a Motorola Razor phone, IBM Thinkpad laptop, and a Bamboo graphics tablet. Oh and several mp3 players of various models scattered throughout the house.

*sigh* I farm on Farm Town on Facebook. I’m not proud of it, but I can’t stop. I’ve tried. Gone to meetings. Even got a sponsor once. But I’m told all you need for the mansion is to be a level 35 and have a million coins. I’ll have the money after tonight and now it’s just a matter of getting to that level. I’ll stop after that. Really. I have a handle on it. I’m in control.

...is there anyone here who farms and who needs some harvesting or plowing done?

My keys, cellphone, and iPod.

Did is a word of achievement
Won't is a word of retreat
Might is a word of bereavement
Can't is a word of defeat
Ought is a word of duty
Try is a word of each hour
Will is a word of beauty
Can is a word of power

--Author Unknown
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
A reader, without a doubt.

Bill Bryson's "The Lost Continent"

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

Heh... Richard Donner's Superman (1978)

KT Tunstall - Drastic Fantastic (I think...)

None - don't have the money for it... whinging

Sure: Usually I read my hometown daily (Diário de Coimbra); a generalist daily (Público) and the college newspaper every fortnight (A Cabra)

Erm...Does my iPod count? huh

Anything related to The Sims 2... blush

Keys, cellphone and clothes laugh

Granny Weatherwax: 'You've got to think headology, see? Not muck about with all this beauty and wealth business. That's not important.'

Wyrd Sisters, Terry Pratchett
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard