Next Thread
Print Thread
Z
Zoar3 Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Z
Maybe wouldn't mind the other depending of course, on the prince. wink I wanted to thank all you folc again for your root canal (RCT) support. I finished it today! smile The next step is I have to go back in 2 weeks for restoration to the tooth and crown impression. At least that appt, is 2 days after my b-day! Once that's done, supposedly 2 weeks after that the final crown will be placed and that will be that. Hallelujah. Lol.

Has anyone who has had an RC been "crowned?" I read on Google that it the restoration appt is not painful and in fact since the tooth's nerve is now gone, I really should not feel much of anything with the LA.

Right now time for Tylonel!

Mona

Columnist
Columnist
I've had both root canal teeth and non-RC teeth done. It isn't painful if you've had a root canal but on the tooth without the root canal it hurt when he took off the temporary crown to put on the permananet crown. It was the air hitting the tooth because he didn't numb me and to crown a tooth they have to grind it down. So since you've had a root canal it should be no problem. thumbsup

Z
Zoar3 Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Z
Thanks, kmar. smile

Mona

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
I concur with kmar, you shouldn't feel much (if any) real pain. What you may have to do - depending on the skill of the dentist and on how well the crown is made - is get the crown shaved down correctly (should happen when the permanent is installed) and then get used to the different feel on that side of your mouth. But that last is usually not at all painful, just different.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Z
Zoar3 Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Z
Thank you, too, Terry. As far as my dentist over the last month I've metamorphosed from having a very limited (15 min in as many years or more) not so good opnion of him, to truly feeling 100% comfortable with and trusting of him. He really is fantastic. As Labby might say, ;, the roots of my dental fear have forever been cut.
Hooray.

Mona

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard