Next Thread
Print Thread
T
TOC Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
So I thought I wasn't going to post much, if at all, in the Off Topic folder any more, but... what the heck.

In today's New York Times, it is claimed that an important oil lobby group was advised by its own experts that greenhouse gases really do cause climate change. This happened as early as in 1995. Even back then, the scientists hired by the oil lobby group claimed that the evidence linking the release of greenhouse gases with global warming was solid. But the oil lobby group, wanting to further its own interests, suppressed the claims of their own scientists. The tactics resemble those used by the tobacco industry, which suppressed evidence linking smoking and cancer and claimed that the evidence was inconclusive.

Here is the link.

It is worth noting that the Sun has been without sunspots for almost 300 days now, which is longer than ever since the beginning of the space age and the careful monitoring of sunspots in the 1960s. Even so, global temperatures appear to keep rising.

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ooh, evil oil lobbies. "They" are responsible for every bad thing, ever!

And there really hasn't been any warming in ten years now.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally posted by ChiefPam:
Ooh, evil oil lobbies. "They" are responsible for every bad thing, ever!

And there really hasn't been any warming in ten years now.

PJ
That's why the global warming crowd has changed the term to "climate change." Global warming hasn't existed in ten years, so they have to stay alarmist to further their agenda. The new term is an implicit acknowledgment that global warming isn't happening. They can't explain why the globe has cooled over the last ten years or why the 1920's was so much warmer than it is now (you know the Roaring 20's, the decade of SUV's), so when you can't prove global warming, you change the terms. Of course the climate is changing. Nobody can deny that. What it's changing to, who knows? Anyone who claims they do know for sure is selling you something.

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard