Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Best of luck with JACHO, Michael. I'm sure all will be fine.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Merriwether
Merriwether
Hope it's not too late to join in. smile

1. What does your board name mean?

First name, last initial. Big surprise. smile

2. Where do you live, and what is something you love about that place?

Home is in small town Indiana, but we're spending this year in Arlington, VA, while my husband is working in Washington DC for a year. We're moving back in about six weeks and while I will be happy to get back into my own house and see my friends again, there are many things we will miss about living in Washington.

3. When did you start watching L&C?

I was a fan from before the premiere. I was a Superman fan from childhood, so when I saw in TV Guide that summer that there was going to be a new show that focused on Lois & Clark and their relationship, I thought I'd die and gone to heaven. Then the show came out and it was even better than I'd dreamed it would be.

4. Rank the seasons in order of preference:

Probably 2, 3 (minus the non-wedding arc), then a tie between 1 & 4. I don't dislike any season, but I absolutely love watching them (and writing them) when they're falling in love and trying to make it permanent.

5. What is a show currently on the air you just can't miss?

How I Met Your Mother (Barney/Robin, baby!)
Chuck
CSI
Doctor Who (though since my OTP somewhat rode off into the sunset, I'm not sure how I'm going to feel about it once it's Eleven and whatever-her-name-is-going-to-be.)

6. What is your cooking (or burning) speciality?

I'm no gourmet chef, but I'm a fairly decent cook and have a wide variety of options at my disposal. smile

7. What sports team do you always root for, even when they suck?

The University of Michigan Wolverines (though luckily, they rarely completely suck!)

8. What is something you never leave the house without?

My Blackberry. It's my phone, my watch, my PDA, and lets me read fanfic or surf the internet if I have to wait somewhere.

9. Who is the first FoLC you really remember talking to?

OK, only the true old-timers out there will remember this name, but Dan Shawler. smile Although I'd been watching the show since the beginning, we first got internet in the fall of 1995, which was the beginning of the 3rd season. I quickly discovered fanfic and, soon after, read about this thing called IRC. I got on #loiscla (the original channel name) a few days before Contact aired, with no idea what to expect. "DanS" was there and patiently answered al my my questions about this new phenomenon called online fandom, including how to get on the email discussion and fanfic lists, when the channel got busy, etc. (Remember, this was back when 15 people -- all actively chatting, not lurking -- was a slow IRC night and episode nights could see 40, 50, or more.) When I said goodnight, probably two hours later, he told me that I was "a well behaved newbie" and they would be happy to have me come back to the channel. I swear, I felt like I'd been invited to sit at the popular kids' table in the lunchroom, LOL! I became a regular on IRC soon after and always tried to give newbies the same warm welcome Dan gave me. smile

10. As a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?

A teacher.

11. What is something you collect?

Uh ... unfinished WIPs on my hard drive? I was never the fastest fanfic writer out there, but I wish I could now write even half as fast as I did back then and have any hope of finishing all the ideas that I have started.

12. Are you less bored than when you started this poll?

Reading all the responses has definitely been fun!

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Cookie is my dog, who I refer to as my "adopted black-haired child." She sits at my feet when I am on the computer and she is the only one of my children who actually listens to me. I was using that name on another site when I came across mention of these boards and had to find them.

2. Where do you live, and what is something you love about that place? near Atlanta, Georgia, USA. I love all the trees in this part of the country, and it's beautiful in the spring. I don't love the pollen or the summer heat.

3. When did you start watching L&C? Whenever it first came on. Watched up until the clone arc, then couldn't stand to continue.

4. Rank the seasons in order of preference: 2, 1, 3, have never watched 4.

5. What is a show currently on the air you just can't miss? Chuck, Smallville, Burn Notice, Dr. Who and Torchwood reruns

6. What is your cooking (or burning) specialty? shrimp scampi, chicken and dumplings, coconut chicken, homemade pizza

7. What sports team do you always root for, even when they suck? The Atlanta Braves and the St. Louis Cardinals (I'm originally from Missouri.)

8. What is something you never leave the house without? My clothes. I often forget everything else, including my shoes.

9. Who is the first FoLC you really remember talking to? I've never talked to any in person. The first one I ever sent an email to, commenting on a story, was Sue S.

10. As a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up? A scientist. Until I took chemistry and physics and neither interested me. I'm still interested in biology/ecology/nature, etc., but never went into these fields professionally. And I've started doing research on the chemistry of cooking.

11. What is something you collect? Books. They're my addiction. I read online fanfic partly to stop myself from going bankrupt buying them.

12. Are you less bored than when you started this poll? No change. I need more fanfic to read!

A
Blogger
Blogger
A
A character from an obscure book I once read; the book was okay, but my 15 year old self really liked the name. And my favorite number. smile

Small town right by Lansing, Michigan. Well, I haven't spent a whole lot of time here, but I like that it's like the cliche 1950s suburbia come to life (only without the disturbing undercurrents--at least, not that I've seen!) Everyone friendly, and waves hi to everyone else, and gets involved in the community....totally different than Las Vegas, where we moved from!

My freshman year of college--January 2006. Walmart was selling S1 for $20, and I had caught parts of episodes here and there, and liked them, so I figured "what the heck." I was hooked. smile

2, 4 (I'm a sucker for married L&C--I think they're so cute!), 1, 3

Castle!

Um...nothing really, although when I'm away at school I dazzle my roommates with my mom's easy and amazing pie crust. smile

I don't really follow sports...

book, wallet, lately my iPod shuffle to play on the car speakers

I don't think I've ever actually talked or even chatted online with a FOLC....just joined up recently and suddenly got busy, so I haven't been on here a lot.

Actress, then singer, then editor, then librarian, and now Archivist (I think that's the final one! *crosses fingers*)

Books! Um, souvenir programs and magnets from every musical/Broadway show I attend. smile

wasn't bored when I started--I liked reading everyone's answers!

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Well, I picked the username when I picked out an e-mail address years ago. I can't remember when I started being Doranwen, it's become so much a part of me. Anyway, so I use it everywhere online that I possibly can. If you see a Doranwen, it's probably me (except at Gmail--don't ask me who stole my name there, lol). It's actually a supposedly Scottish word I stole from a fantasy book + a Welsh female name ending.

Well, my home is really in Washington state, and as EditorJax said, gotta love it 'cause it's got everything. Particularly for the mountains and green grass and trees, and the ocean . . . Can you tell I live on the west side? *g* I'm currently in Michigan, though, and I like it 'cause there's delicious fruit in the summers.

I saw a little as a kid, and liked it somewhat, but forgot about it. Then when I got into file-sharing programs, I discovered someone had the pilot ep (a double-long ep, though their version was the US pilot and had a tornado warning blipping out some of Lois's confession in the hangar, which was annoying), and two more eps from S1. I think it was #2 and the one with the kids and the pig. So I watched those and really loved 'em. Then I discovered fanfic and dove into that. And thousands of fanfics later, I actually got to watching a few more eps, thanks to Annette and having my wisdom teeth pulled. Hurt too much to do anything, and at least I could concentrate on watching L&C and kinda enjoy it, despite the pain. I never have watched all the show though, got stuck somewhere around the end of the 3rd and beginning of the 4th season, and have gotten into other things since.

1, 2, 3, 4. I loved S1, S2 was a lot of fun too, S3 got all the wacky clone business, and I haven't even really seen S4 so I can't put it at the top--plus I don't like Lois's haircut, lol. So I'll put it last.

There isn't one. I actually can't remember the last time I watched a television for television--or even watched one at all. I don't have a show I'm currently following--I discovered The Pretender a year or so ago and devoured it, and if they were making more I can guarantee you that's the one I'd follow. Besides, they never finished that show off properly anyhow, so it needs to be continued. Back when I watched Smallville (during seasons 2 and 3), I waited anxiously for each episode to make it to the file-sharing program I was able to use at my university so I could grab it and watch. But I quit that show somewhere in Season 4--I hated the way it was going. So there really isn't any show I'm anxious for right now.

I make a pretty good Pad Thai, baklava, and I'm getting good at Southeast Asian-style stir-frys. I'm not bad at soups from scratch either (potato soup is very easy). My mother is a very good cook and she wasn't about to let me escape home without learning a good deal.

I don't watch sports--at least not that sort of team sports. Figure skating is interesting enough, at least at the Olympics. So's gymnastics. Otherwise, sports isn't my thing at all.

Nowadays, that's my purse. It's got my ID, my credit card, my car keys, and important things like chapstick and pencil and paper. And I usually throw my cell phone in it too, so that goes.

Good question (and I'm not going to say my brother, because even though he IS a FoLC now, he wasn't when I became one!). I remember I read a lot of fanfic before getting on IRC or even discovering the boards, and I think ChiefPam was one of the first. Or whoever I dealt with to get on the boards. I remember asking Pam for a fanfic she had that got lost online. And I know I chatted with Wendy early on, 'cause hers were practically the first fics I ran across. Not sure exactly who, but someone in there.

An obstetrician. I saw my mom's medical books (she'd studied to be a nurse for a time) and I thought babies being born looked SOOOO cool. I wanted to do that too. Then I grew up and realized I hated blood and guts and all that, and decided that really wasn't my thing. And I discovered I loved teaching people things, so I was destined to be a teacher. That's my current focus.

Music, e-books, movies, fanfic, stuff I can find online that I'd like to read or watch or listen to later. I also collect educational materials, online or physical. I'm going to be a teacher, after all.

Maybe. I've got to get back to a research project though, and I'm not looking forward to that.

Don't point. You make holes in the air and the faeries escape.
Top Banana
Top Banana

Most stories end after the Big Decision; i.e. the couple is finally together, or whatever goal the characters were aiming for. But most of life happens afterwards, in the happily ever after. So, since I've got a wonderful husband and five terrific kids and I'm pretty much living the life I chose, then this *is* my happily ever after, right? Doesn't mean I'm always happy; right now my brother has uncurable cancer and the whole family is under a lot of strain, but I'm past the "Life will be better once X happens" stage and more in the "Long obdedience in the same direction" stage. Anyone over 35 will know what I mean by that.

I live in the South Bend, Indiana area. I grew up in the Washington, DC area, so I can very much relate to KathyB loving Indiana but missing DC. I love the small city size. It's close enough to Chicago if you really must have a big city experience now and then, but small enough that you can get your mind around it. And I love that hubby's job and lack of commute time allow him to be home much more than he was in DC. The whole area is very family friendly. I also love that Lake Michigan is only 45 minutes away; I'm a beach fan and the Lake is *almost* like an actual ocean.

I remember seeing some of it when it first aired. But I really got into it a couple of years ago when an ad for Lois & Clark on AOL video showed up on my welcome screen. My young son and I wathced them together online, then I found the DVDs and ordered the whole set. We watched them in the car on a long road trip. I think Clark is a terrific role model for a young boy who's trying to figure out what it means to be a man and what it means for a man to love a woman.

Three (I love watching Lois get to know the whole Clark), Early Four (newlyweds - gotta love'em), One, Two, Late four in far last place

There isn't one. I liked New Amsterdam and Life on Mars, but they seem to have died. Obviously I'm not the target audience for TV shows. Our family just did the Nielson rating survey this week, though. My 14 y.o. asked "Can I put down two shows if they air at the same time but I *would* watch them both if they were on at different times?"

My daughter does the cooking at our house. It's her way of not having to clean. It started like this: "Would you please sweep the floor?" "Do I have to?" "Well, I'm cooking dinner. Would you rather do that?" (rhetorical question, I thought) "Yes." "Oh. Okay."

Notre Dame football, because we have season tickets, and any team my 9 y.o. son is on, even though their baseball team won exactly one game this year. He made the all-star team, though, so now he's having fun.

I can't top the "bra" answer.

CarolM, who kindly beta'd Foreshadowing, along with Amber and Ray, and who helped me learn to navigate the boards and the whole editing process.

A doctor, and Marmee from Little Women. After watching my aunt go through med school with three kids, I realized I had to choose. I chose the big family. Not that my biology degree never comes in handy. It's useful for answering questions such as "Mommy, what is poop made of?" And I homeschool my elementary aged kids, so you could call me a teacher, too. (Actually, all parents are teachers.)

Kids. But I give most of them back when I'm finished with them. (I'm a foster parent, but I've also got five of my own.)

I wasn't bored; I was dead tired. Dont know why. I think it's just that it's Friday and a busy week has caught up with me. So now I've had a wonderfully lazy afternoon reading all the poll answers and being delightfully unproductive. Now it's off to a long hot bath before tonight's baseball game.

This *is* my happily ever after.
Kerth
Kerth
OK, only the true old-timers out there will remember this name, but Dan Shawler.
Ooohhh...I remember that name! Guess I've been around awhile! I actually met Dan and Leanne at Dan's apartment in San Diego - I was living in San Diego at the time. Well, now I suppose I have to respond too. smile

It's a nickname my brother gave me when we were kids. I have no idea what it means. Neither does he!

I live in Riverside, California, which is about an hour east of Los Angeles*. I love that I'm an hour from everything* - the beach, the mountains, the desert, Hollywood tv tapings, my family, Disneyland...you name it, I can pretty much do it at the drop of a hat.
(*driving at 2am in the carpool lane wink )

Day 1. Okay, really, I taped the first episode because SeaQuest, DSV was airing its first episode at the same time and I thought it was going to be better. Wow, was that show lame! So an hour later, I watched the tape of the L&C pilot, then taped every episode of the series so I could have them forever. (This was well before the days that you could buy whole tv series on dvd or search for bootleg episodes online!)

2; 1; 3; every fanfic that put right what the series did wrong; ummm...was there another season?; the unaired 5th season; oh fine, I suppose there were some okay episodes in season 4

Prison Break! Oh wait, that was cancelled. Pushing Daisies! Oh wait, that was cancelled. I could go on with examples from throughout the years (Wonderfalls, Profit)...I think actors should pay me NOT to watch their shows in order to guarantee their job security.

I burn water. If it's my turn to "cook" for myself and my son, we have a bowl of cereal for dinner. My husband can always be sure of my fidelity because I would die of starvation without him.

San Diego Chargers...go Bolts! Maybe one day you'll leave me without bitter tears at the end of the season.

My contact lenses. I'd never make it to the door without them!

I was a lurker for a long time...I recognize so many names on the boards but never wrote to any of them. I remember going to one of the FoLCfests and driving some FoLCs to Magic Mountain to go on the Superman ride, including FlakyDom and Jackie. They criticized my erratic LA driving and the fact that I was passing cars on the right. laugh

Nothing! My best friend knew since she was a kid that she wanted to be a doctor (hey, guess what, she's a doctor now!). I thought since I had no clue, that meant I was destined to die young, before I had to make a choice. I know...morbid, right? I swear, I'm not a serial killer!

I own almost every story Agatha Christie ever wrote. I collect the Hallmark Star Trek Christmas ornaments. My husband believes that I would buy Napoleon Bonaparte brand nuclear waste just because it had his name on it...I think I'd wait for a coupon.

Most assuredly! One can only play Mafia Wars on Facebook for so long! wink

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I thought since I had no clue, that meant I was destined to die young, before I had to make a choice. I know...morbid, right?
Oh dear...I thought almost the same thing and could easily write an epic novel on it. Uh, I kind of thought I was going to croak before I figured it out. blush

You're in good company.
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1. It speaks for itself.
2. I live in Michigan and love Better Made chips and Faygo pop.
3. I forget.
4. 1, 3, 2, 4.
5. Doctor Who.
6. Pizza.
7. Red Wings.
8. Keys.
9. I don't.
10. A writer/ policeman.
11. Music. At the moment I'm going after 2 Tone stuff.
12. A bit.

Merriwether
Merriwether
goofy

Oh, and include regular books in that list, too.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
Merriwether
Merriwether
L&C-fan wrote
2. I live in Michigan and love Better Made chips and Faygo pop.
LOL, I have a story about Faygo. One of roommates at the Univ of Michigan was from out of state and had never heard of Faygo. We were throwing a party, and I got the soft drinks ... picked up the usual Coke and Diet Coke, then grabbed a bottle of Redpop for the nostalgia factor. She was totally baffled when I told her what I'd bought.

"What the heck is that?"
"It's Redpop."
"I can see that, but what is it?"
"I told you, it's Redpop!"
"Yes, but what is it??" She finally studied the bottle and turned to me in amazement. "It really is called Redpop!"

Turns out she thought I was using some odd Michigan lingo that described soft drinks by their color. As if we called grape soda "purple pop" and Coke "brown pop." goofy

(Oh, and for the record, that's how I learned that Redpop was, in fact, strawberry soda, LOL.)

Kerth
Kerth
My mom's family lives in Michigan, so we would go back to visit every few years when I was a kid. That's how my brother and I were introduced to Faygo. A couple of months ago, my brother was in a BevMo and saw they had some, screamed like a little girl, and bought them. He snuck into my house and put a Rock and Rye and a Redpop in my refrigerator. When I got home and opened the fridge, I saw them, but didn't really register them, as if it wasn't unusual that they were there. A month later, my brother called me and asked if I ever got his present. I thought for a second, then yelled, "Oh my god! Faygo Redpop!" I downed it in about a minute. smile YUM! thumbsup

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Blogger
Blogger
Hello , I am a new member, so I fill in this qustionare.

Samantha.Majka ... Samantha like character from StarGate SG - 1 and Majka is my real name - Mary.

I live in the Czech Republic and I love this country, but I would like to live in New Zealand or USA.

When I was 12 years old and now I am 20 .

I saw only the first and second season . For now.
I will approve it.

StarGate SG - 1
Sanctuary
StarGate Atlantis
House MD
Xena Warrior Princess

I love chicken and rice.

I like czech teams of Representation,
hockey - Jaromir Jagr
football - Petr Nedved, Petr Cech

My mobile phone, my Ipod and money. And good mood :-)

I always speak to myself. So I think that´s me . :-)

Dustman ( dustwoman ) :-)

Dirty socks. It was joke.. :-) I collect things from tv shows. ( caps, posters etc )

Noo. I enjoyed it. It is great and funny pool. :-)

I am glad that I found this message board and
nice to meet you all. Mary

I will go on a date with Batman, but I want live with Superman.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Fan of Laughing and Crying Forever and a Day, but it kinda morphed into Fan of Lois and Clark later on :p
Roswell, GA...Um, I like the people I'm around. The friendly atmosphere. I've lived here all my life.
Uh, let's see, it was in 1995? or maybe it was 1996? The first episode I saw was the one where Superman was shrinking...It was so weird and fascinating all at the same time...
Second
Fourth
First
Third
Desperate Housewives, One Tree Hill, and Cold Case..
Hey, I CAN cook! Um, chicken fried rice and shrimp stir fry, pigs n a blanket, macaroni caserole, potato chicken curry, dosas, loaded mash potatoes
Um, I don't....The Braves suck and I know they do. I haven't found any teams to cheer for...I've been let down too many times.
My IPod
Hmmm, Annalina I think was the first one.
An Architect....
Money? LOL
I guess.

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Top Banana
Top Banana

I work in EEO with ethnicities and diversity.

I live in Mass and I love that we are so progressive.

3. When did you start watching L&C? 2002

4. Rank the seasons in order of preference: 3rd, 4th (before the bottom fell off), 2nd, 1st, and 4th (once the bottom fell off)

5. What is a show currently on the air you just can't miss? Law & Order

6. What is your cooking (or burning) speciality? Lasagna

New England Patriots

8. What is something you never leave the house without? American Express Card

9. Who is the first FoLC you really remember talking to? Yollie

10. As a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up? Accountant

11. What is something you collect? DVDs

12. Are you less bored than when you started this poll? Sure

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
1. What does your board name mean? Smiley is my last name, d is my first initial.

2. Where do you live, and what is something you love about that place? Permanent address is Dartmouth, NS. I love all the lakes and how so much of my family is near. September through June for last and Next Year is Nelson House, MB. I love learning about another culture (it's a Cree Reserve).

3. When did you start watching L&C? From the first episode, first airing.

4. Rank the seasons in order of preference: 1,2,3,4

5. What is a show currently on the air you just can't miss? well, I don't actually have a TV with me up North, but when i can catch it I love watching bones.

6. What is your cooking (or burning) speciality? Every Christmas everyone always asks for my "Fingers"- Chocolate Chip Shortbread cookies dipped in chocolate.

7. What sports team do you always root for, even when they suck? I'm not really a sports fan, I prefer to just enjoy live games (not on TV), however my boyfriend, Chris, tells me I have to pick something, so I figure I'll either root for his favorites or his least favorites depending on my mood.

8. What is something you never leave the house without? My Necklace, it has two charms on it, a Celtic cross and a St. Christopher.

9. Who is the first FoLC you really remember talking to? well, my whole family were fans in the 90's, but we didn't know to call ourselves that. I guess I don't really talk much to folcs, I'd love to, and have several on my facebook.

10. As a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up? A teacher, which I am!

11. What is something you collect? Postcards

12. Are you less bored than when you started this poll? a bit, are you?

Don't think about the pink elephant... I dare you!

Thanks to Tineke for the avatar
Merriwether
Merriwether

My nic is Roo since II was a kid. I'm not the biggest fan of Ruth. Well, Super b/c Superman.

I live in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. I like our urban forest and parks. If this city didn't have them, I don't know what I'd do. I also love the fact I only have to drive less than 10 minutes to get out of the city and enjoy the flat prarie scape.

When the pilot first aired on ABC.

1, 2, 3, 4.

I watch most tv shows on DVD now... I'm waiting for the final bit of Battlestar so I'll need it the minute it is out. Same with Lost.

I'm not sure. I get addicted to making one thing for a while and then never make it again for months or years. For a while I was always making pita pizzas of various types. My favourite for while was ham & pineapple as well as brocolli, cheese, sauce, pineapples and someimes w/ meat or chicken. Didn't think of a name for that.

Winnipeg Blue Boombers (CFL - Cdn Football League) and Montreal Cdns (NHL).

I always forget something. I prefer not to leave w/o a bag. I feel naked w/o one.

I'm not sure. . .
Maybe LabRat or MadDog.

An astronaut
Scientist
RCMP
Teacher

I used to collect many things: Stationary, stuffed toys, coins. Too many things infact so I had to stop.
Now I seem to have a tendency to collect yarn (knitting) and beads. I say collect b/c I never actually follow through with the project frown

Yes. Though, I'm a bit tired now.

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard