Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Well.. I've never lived in the US... but apparently my mixed up kiwi/aussie accent sounds like someone from 'the northeast'.

"Judging by how you talk you are probably from north Jersey, New York City, Connecticut or Rhode Island. Chances are, if you are from New York City (and not those other places) people would probably be able to tell if they actually heard you speak."

Now... I have BEEN to NY... I have heard how people in NY talk.. and I can tell you that no aussie or kiwi I know, myself included, sounds like a NY-er.

What a laugh!!! wink

"He's my best friend, best of all best friends
Do you have a best friend too
It tickles in my tummy
He's so Yummy Yummy
Hey you should get a best friend too" - Toy Box
J
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
J
Hey, I took the quiz. Where are my results?

confused

smile Jude

dance

"Simplify. Simplify."
Henry David Thoreau

"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle."
George Orwell
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Apparently I have a Boston accent..despite having never been outside of Europe in my life, lol!

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally posted by Bethy:
Oh, no, I've heard people say "vag" for vague. Drives me absolutely bonkers. Of course, I can't remember who they *are* right now, so I can't tell you which accent does it. :p

I say vag like vague, it also rhymes with tag, bag, hag, gag, lag, rag, and sag (I'm a teacher, so I see all these sounds). I'm more likely to say vague is said like vag, however.

Your Result: North Central

"North Central" is what professional linguists call the Minnesota accent. If you saw "Fargo" you probably didn't think the characters sounded very out of the ordinary. Outsiders probably mistake you for a Canadian a lot.

I would never think someone on Fargo sounds anything like me, but I think it's funny that the test says I'd be confused with a Canadian, since that's exactly what I am.

Don't think about the pink elephant... I dare you!

Thanks to Tineke for the avatar
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Even though I've never set foot on the States (though not by choice but by lack of funds laugh ) I am the proud owner of a Midland accent. Good to know smile

Granny Weatherwax: 'You've got to think headology, see? Not muck about with all this beauty and wealth business. That's not important.'

Wyrd Sisters, Terry Pratchett
J
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
J
I just took the quiz again, and the rsult is hilarious. I have a Philadelphia accent! I've never been in Philadelphia in my life. I spent my first 20 years in Arkansas, then lived in Nashville, Tenn. for a year, near Chicago for 3 years, southern California for 3 years, northern California for 3 years, and near Seattle for 40 years. Have no idea how you get Philadelphia out of that. goofy

Jude

dance

"Simplify. Simplify."
Henry David Thoreau

"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle."
George Orwell
Z
Columnist
Columnist
Z
I just took it and got "The Inland North."

You may think you speak "Standard English straight out of the dictionary" but when you step away from the Great Lakes you get asked annoying questions like "Are you from Wisconsin?" or "Are you from Chicago?" Chances are you call carbonated drinks "pop."

Lol, I've visited Chicago briefly a few times but otherwise aside from being born in NY but moving out here to LA at only 7 months old, I've lived in sunny CA all my life. Or at the majority of it aside from when I lived in very Northern, CA.

Mona

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
The South

Which I don't hear well all the time it does kind of make since, I was born right out of New Orleans and for the first 9 years on my life lived there off and on for half the year then was back there from 14 on and off until 18.

Love Is the One Thing That Never Ends.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard