Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#220686 04/07/09 05:50 PM
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Some of us have started hanging out in the #loisclark channel on IRC and it's been great to get to talk to FoLCs from all over. We were thinking it may be fun to get the channel rolling again, and possibly re-register it.

There are people in there during various hours (which is great when I am up looking for a snack at 2 a.m.) so come on by!

Someone even suggested that we could try a round-robin fic, written live. (It was Pam, so if you love the idea, credit her, and if you hate it, feel free to yell at her.) I personally think that would be a blast since we have so many great writers.

Instructions for IRC can be found here:

http://www.lcficmbs.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=001346

Jenn
Pink ringleader of the unofficial FoLC social committee

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
It really is the happenin' place to be again.

Come one come all smile .

Carol

Top Banana
Top Banana
I've looked for #loisclark a few times but there was never anyone there. I've never done the chat thing but up until this place I had never posted to a msg board either.

I wish I had time tonight but I;m not even supposed to be here. (I'm supposed to be working on the LaC sequel. And there's no IRC client on this PC.) I'll be dropping in. (Hopefully tomorrow.)

Is there a "prime" time?

Bob

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
We've had folcs around off and on all day the last few days.

We're also planning a Round Robin for 9PMish Eastern on Thursday - come one come all for that too!

Carol

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Round robins are fun smile Fun to write, fun to watch. In fact, writers need an audience, so come on in whether you want to have a turn writing or not.

Anybody have an idea for a premise? The old RR group got pretty elaborate for a while, but we'll probably start with something simple. IMO, this isn't about the finished product so much as it's about the process.

Warning: IRC is addicting.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
It has been so fun getting to talk to new (and old) FoLCS since we've started coming into #loisclark, and we hope more people will stop by and visit, no matter what time of day. (I mean, seriously, we even got Labrat to come by at 1 a.m.) wink

We had a record number of 14 on Thursday night, which is more than the channel has seen in years! Let's make it even higher!

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Yeah - so no RR last night but we did have fun smile . We did have cake though!

We'll schedule another one smile .

Carol

Z
Columnist
Columnist
Z
Sounds like fun. smile The RR, I will go look at the IRC directions in a little while.

Mona

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
It's official -- the #loisclark channel is now fully up and running, with our very own X-bot! smile I've had a blast, these last few weeks; it's great to chat with friends at any time of the day. Yes, I know about #lanekent, too, but honestly I haven't felt welcomed or comfortable in there for about seven years now, so I'm delighted to have an alternative. Variety being the spice of life and all. wink Celebrate diversity!

Okay, never mind me; I was up in the middle of the night (had a sore throat and couldn't fall back to sleep for the longest time) and I'm a wee bit punchy. smile

Anyway, if you want to hang out with crazy, fun-loving friends, be sure to swing by #loisclark -- plus, we have cupcakes! goofy

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Woohoo! dance

I've been meaning to post here and say how much I've enjoyed having somewhere to chat again. I've really missed it recently and am rapidly getting into the habit again.

plus, we have cupcakes!
And a ficus!

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
plus, we have cupcakes!
You two suck at promotion:

They're PINK cupcakes.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
But not a pink ficus. goofy

Unless someone spray-painted when I was out of the room. /me looks suspiciously around the thread...

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.

The Musketeers
J
jwb Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
J
Wow - IRC. I'd almost forgotten it even existed. Is it still on the undernet? I feel like a newbie all over again.

--
Jeff
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Certainly is, Jeff. We're having fun right now, celebrating being registered again.

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
The last few times I've checked, there usually isn't anyone around. I'll try it again. And a round robin sounds fun. A couple of years ago, DJ, myself and Ann S. and a couple of others but mostly the three of us did a round robin and it was a riot.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
There are generally people in the channel at all times of day right now, so come on in!

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard