Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#220451 03/17/09 01:52 PM
Wendymr Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
A friend of mine over on LiveJournal is looking for some Smallville fic recs for another friend. Specifically, she's looking for Clark/Lana and Clark/Lex.

Any suggestions? I'll point her to this thread, so please post links here smile

Thanks!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well, one of the first and best "Smallville" fics I read was the excellent "Elsewhere" by Bulbus. It's a great story about what happens when Clark Kent is dumped into an alternate world where his counterpart was, you guessed it, not raised by the Kents. Where is that counterpart now and what is he doing? What about all the other significant people in Clark's life? There is Clana, but it's not what you'd expect. Thrills, chills, anger, action, adventure, angst - you name it, the story has it. Don't miss this one.

I'm more of a Clark/Chloe fan myself, so I don't have a lot of good Clana to recommend. A fun one, though, is "Hot Off The Press" by AJFinn. A WAFFY romance with a fair number of laughs as well.

EllyF has an amazing site here . She primarily writes Clark/Chloe fics but has some Clex as well. The Clex is heavily slash - seriously hot and steamy nfic.

Of course, any list of Smallville fics would be incomplete without the hilarious "Thirty Minutes Or Less" by Butterflykiki. How can you not love a story that begins:

Clark recognized the voice immediately; he was just surprised Lex bothered to call him at the Planet, instead of using a sonic blast and high frequency death threats to get his attention.

"Superman. I have a Death Ray pointed at downtown Metropolis."

"I'm listening," Superman checked around the office to make sure no one was paying attention, then lowered his voice. "What are your demands?"

"Pizza."

Clark blinked. "What?"

"I. Want. Pizza. From Naples. None of that Domino's crap in a nice box, I want the real thing. Pepperoni and sausage, with asiago cheese and mozzarella. And I want it in 30 minutes or less, or that stupid statue of you is the first thing I obliterate."
And, going way off-topic, not Smallville at all, but Superman - it's the immortal "Getting Eaten Alive" by Tandrelmairon on fanfiction.net. A deep, intense, moving story about the beginnings of Lois and Clark. As the author says:

Author’s note: I wanted to explore the Lois-Clark relationship the way I think it would develop in today’s world, working off only the basics of the legend.
For fun, I'd recommend Firebunny's "The Cock Crowed At Midnight" , a hilariously funny adult fic where a hard-boiled reporter from the Daily Planet is after the interview with that elusive man who can fly.
“Listen, buddy,” I said, playing it cool. “I’m not sure what you have in mind, but I’m not impressed by a man who can’t figure out underpants go under your pants.”

“Is that why you keep staring at them?” he asked.

Sure I was staring. Who wouldn’t? There was something big under those little red briefs. I’m always interested in a big story.

“Just trying to get to know you,” I said, “all of you. I’m a hands-on journalist. I’m not afraid to get down and dirty for a story.”

“How down and dirty are you willing to go?” he asked.

He was only standing about a foot away from me, but I wanted him closer. I took a step forward. The air between us sizzled like bacon frying in a pound of butter.

“Very down, very dirty.”

“I think we can work together,” he said, smiling a smile that made me feel filthy and pure all at the same time. “I’m hands-on too.”

“I’ll put that in the article,” I said and maybe I arched my back, or maybe my brassiere was just tickling me. “I’d like to see your technique. Show me what you got.”

So he gave me a demonstration. Frisked me good, he did. He patted me up and down, slow and thorough like, until he found where I was concealing heat.

Just to make sure I understood his technique, I frisked him back, returning the favor. He was packing one mother of a gun.

What we did next, well, I won’t go into details, ‘cause I’m a classy dame. Let’s just say he was the hotdog and I was the roll. By the time we finished the meal there were condiments everywhere, if you catch me drift.
And I fell over laughing at this line:
Just to show him how friendly I was I gave him a nice pat on the stomach. Goodness, he had washboard abs, the kind that made me want to do laundry then and there.
And another good story in the Smallville universe is "Fly" by Margroks. A fun re-telling of Clark discovering how he can fly.

There are many good fics out there. I still think however, that this site has the best of all!

M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
And, going way off-topic, not Smallville at all, but Superman - it's the immortal "Getting Eaten Alive" by Tandrelmairon on fanfiction.net. A deep, intense, moving story about the beginnings of Lois and Clark.
I second this. A flat-out amazing story.

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Wendymr Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thanks so much! I'll pass this on to the friend who was looking for recs smile

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I don't know that many of her fics really deal with romantic relationships, but I highly highly recommend anything by The Die Hard, on fanfiction.net: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/387202/

She writes emotionally powerful, deep fanfics that rival the quality of some of the best in this fandom. She's excellent at digging up things you had forgotten and showing how they make an impact on people's lives, how they shape people. Her ability to construct a conversation is also amazing--the back-and-forth between people, all the nuances, the emotional depth just blows me away . . .

Don't point. You make holes in the air and the faeries escape.

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard