Hi, there, this will be my sorriest story atempting to write a story where clark gets to meet his biological parents. Some discrepency may be in this. Comment page . This is also where the hospital is built
------------------------------
Author’s Note: Due to the fact that the actor Dean Cain who played Clark Kent/Superman is half Japanese and half Swedish, I had written the nationality next to Superman’s biological parents is so that there would be some sort of resemblance that is in their looks. The Actors, if it were in motion pictures are not the originals, Jor-El or Lara that was in one of Lois and Clark’s episode. I assume all rights to the Emerson family This is my 11th of 23 short stories. Enjoy.

Summary/Description: Lex Luther’s once again had return to Metropolis and patching up all the evil that was done or is he up to no good once again. Can Lois put her husband’s life in Lex’s hand? When Dr. Klein failed to be able to rescue Clark from and another deadly element, because of the restriction from the new board of Star Labs. What is Lex up to?

“Universal Code” by kitty

It was six AM in the morning Jimmy is in the shower. He had taken off his time traveling watch and put it on his dresser before going into the shower. Jimmy neglected to turn on the built in security system. A small female sneaks into Jimmy’s home unnoticed by anyone and takes the watch in time to see Beth waking up. She quickly turns on the device taking her back just a few years to escape.
***---
In an alternate universe number 29, the earth is a desolate place. World population is now 20 in the city of Metropolis and thirty in the other cities of the world. Lex Luther is the residential super hero at having succeeded in killing the Kryptonian of their world that had terrorized their Metropolis for centuries and killing many other humans. The population of universe number 29 has recently start to climb since the death of Clark. The Lex of this world is not anything like the Metropolis, as we know it in universe 18. The Lex Luther was also not very rich just an ordinary citizen that had found the substance that kills Clark. Lex of this universe was kind and generous.

As Lex crosses a street to see two teens brutalizing a young girl, he comes to the aid of the young lady by driving away the two teens that was decedents of the Clark. “Are you okay?”

“Yes, thank you Lex. Can I get you anything for your help?”

“No, No reward is necessary. I’m just glad I can help.”

“How about taking you to another dimension where your wife is till alive?”

“Dimensional Worlds? You can’t do that. It’s impossible to travel to different dimensions without advanced technology.”

“It is possible. I have the technology to do it. In that universe you’re the richest man in Metropolis.”

“What do you want from it?” Lex was suspicious now. He thinks that she may have been plotting this plan beforehand.

“Just two things, one, is that you keep this incident private. And two, repair the reputations of Lex Luther in that dimension that I am taking you.”

“Sure, I’ll go.” Lex said, thinking that he had all to gain and nothing to loose since he has lost everything in this world to Clark.
When the young girl and Lex Luther of universe 29 arrived in our Metropolis, the young girl said, “I hope you will like it here. So, if I were you I would stay in hiding until you had fully done your research on the life of Lex Luther of this world. Because in this world you’re a wanted fugitive.” After that warning, the young girl disappears with one touch of a button, not waiting for Lex Luther t to tell her to take him back to his world. Lex Luther put on a disguise and headed for the library.
Two weeks later in a private court, Lex had two evident in his suitcase that proves he is not the Lex Luther of their world. One was a DNA test of the real and dead Lex Luther of this world and the other was his test result. Thus, he would not be responsible for the criminal activity of the Lex Luther of this world. And, it was also the time where Dr. Klein had informed Clark that because of the new management personnel at Star Labs; he is unable to give Clark his help any longer in the future during lab hours. And he is restricted to use Star Lab equipment for Star Lab’s research only.
The following day back in the court and after the judge had examined all the evidence, the judge sided with Lex Luther and his star lab tests result and awarded Lex Luther the full financial access of the Lex Luther of their world. The sum of the assets would be totaled roughly about one hundred million. Lex had walked up to Dr. Klein and made an offer. Lex told him of his plan.
Two years later with the help of Burning Star, Lois read in the newspaper about the christening of the new hospital and that Lex Luther was back and had started to feel that something wasn’t what it seems to be. But the newspaper had stated that Lex was opening up a charity hospital ward in outskirts of Metropolis with ambulance that resembles a shuttle from the TV show ‘Star Trek’. The shuttle like ambulance actually runs on an advance Huber craft technology.

Lois remembers two articles that had talked about Lex Luther. One article was placed in the paper by Lex himself a few weeks ago. It was advertising about a few job openings at the new hospital. The second article was about how Lex Luther was using some of the money to help some of the victims to the old Lex’s cruelty. But the newspaper did not state rather this lex was a new Lex. But in the paper he had made a public apology of his past wrong and criminal activity. He had assume the Lex Luther of this dimension’s life with no charges of from the court system to the crimes. Lex Luther of the other world was pretending to be the Luther of this world.

Clark was in the living room watching TV. The TV showed a picture of Lex making his speech on the stage behind a podium, “The hospital will also have a special ward to help people like the residential super hero Superman and also other heroes like Spidermen, Aqua-man, and fire Star… just to give a few examples. The head of the special ward of the hospital will be Dr. Klein and Dr. Allison. The main head of the hospital will be Maple Ann Lee.”

Clark by now couldn’t believe what he heard. Three people who he fully trusted are now working for Lex Luther. He does not trust Lex.

“He has to be up to something.” Lois commented. But then she saw Clark was watching the TV news as she walked into the room.

“And Superman, if you’re listening, this is not a hoax. Dr. Klein and Dr. Allison are currently working on a safe cure for the kryptonite. If your willing you can help him test the cure.” Clark heard the whole thing and didn’t believe a world but he didn’t know why would Dr. Klein start working for Lex Luther.

Lex Luther soon got a reply form Superman by messenger that he did not wanted to participate. But Luther had the help of Burning Star, Clark soon enters the newsroom and saw that Beth had Jimmy on his table. She was boldly and smothering Jimmy with kisses. It seemed that they had enjoyed their embrace for quite a while now with Beth on top of Jimmy.

“Wow ” As Jimmy finally was able to catch his breath as he had desperately tried to get Beth off of him for a few minutes, “Okay, Beth, enough. I have to get back to work.” But Beth latched on. Jimmy even noticed where her arm warm roaming. “Beth, please control yourself.” He tries again but couldn’t get her hand off from around him. “Clark. Can you get her off?”

“What’s going on?” Clark peels Beth off of Jimmy and held unto her until she stops advancing towards Jimmy.

“Every since Beth started helping Lex with that experimental drug, she’s been all over me.”

Two minutes later, the drugs effect started to dissipate, Beth was finally able to control herself. “Sorry, Jimmy. I couldn’t control myself.”

“What about the Kryptonite cure?”

“Well that was what the thing I took was supposed to do but it didn’t work. All it managed to do is make me want to rip Jimmy’s clothes off.”
Clark smiled at having remembered a similar incident that had happened to Lois. Then after that memory recall Clark saw Jimmy rubbing his upper arm and decided to X-ray Jimmy’s arm out of concern. He saw that the arm wasn’t broken so Jimmy must’ve gotten a bruise from it, which got Clark to remember him giving Lois a bruise also when he lost control of his powers.
That evening at the temporary lab, Burning Star gave the chemicals back to the boss of the chemical department and told them what had happened leaving Jimmy’s name out.

“I just hope my boy friend doesn’t start thinking that I was purposely trying to hurt him. I definitely wouldn’t do that after all the things he has done for me.” Pauses for a few second, “And a very lovely human.”

“YOU have a boyfriend” was all the head of the chemical department had said in shock at the thought of Burning Star having a boyfriend that is human.
Meanwhile in another section of the hospital, Lex Luther was talking to Dr. Klein.

“Klein, about this little secret of ours. I want you to know that you can tell Superman or Clark anytime you think it is necessary only if it is a life and death situation. But I want you to understand a few things, in my universe; my world’s version of Clark Kent was the one who had killed my wife and many other innocent lives, but I understand that in this world it is different. That is why I don’t hold any grudges against your world’s Clark Kent. What I’m trying to say is that I’m trying to make things right. I’ve had to go now to complete my mission in this world.”

“Lex.” Klein stops Luther from leaving by stating another question, “How did you get here?”

“Some little girl brought me here. See you, I have to go see my first wife. I’ve finally patched thing up with her.”
*/*/*/
But at a nearby rundown building, a Kryptonite bomb was being constructed. They wanted to take Superman out before they made their final protest by destroying the headquarters of the “Church of Scientology”. First bomb was dismantled and the smaller one was constructed, but it was still more lethal.

Mark then screamed, “Jenson We’re trying to incapacitate Superman not kill him I want those scientologist to die for what they did to me.” Jenson had developed a chemical that humans doesn’t respond to but it is deadly to a Kryptonian with the help of the replica of the Medical manual on Kryptonian physiology that he had obtained, he was able to find one thing that can kill him, a fast acting chemical that clogs up and attacks the heart. Jenson however didn’t listen to the man that hired him to come up with this chemical. He too had a few grudges against Superman. He made the powder twice as strong.
The next day, Jenson was back at his lab while Mark had snuck into the Kent’s home and put the powder in all their food in hope that Superman will come over to the Kent’s home for dinner.

Plus to be sure that Superman will be in contact with the substance; He dusted all the living room furniture with the powder.
That afternoon, Lois had met Luther in the park with Mrs. Luther number one; Lois couldn’t believe her eyes it was one of her old high school friend.

“Jennings?” Lois said in shock to see her kissing Lex.

“I know what your thinking Lois. You always get that look on your face when you’re
thinking. ‘Yuck How can you kiss him.’ Well to tell you the truth after I got out of college, I married Lex Luther. We loved each other until the day Lex was overcome by the greed for money. All he could think of was earning money, anyhow, we got divorced after three years of marriage.”

“Your, Mrs. Luther ”

“Yes, Mrs. Luther number one, actually. We had only one daughter. Her name is Crystal. She did a lot of charity work at the local shelter and home for the elderly.” Just then a young looking college student came to talk to Jennings.

“Mom. I just found a new place that will donate money to help the local pet shelter.”

“Yes honey. Come over here. I want you to meet your dad.”

Luther then began to think that the young lady that he was introduced to had reminded him of someone else, the lady he had seen when he was in his universe as his wife had introduced the little girl as his daughter. Lex thought of his real wife in his universe. She had died two days after he had found out that she was pregnant.

“Lex, dear. This is my High School friend, Lois Lane.”

“Hi, Please to meet you.”
Lois then started to wonder why Lex is acting like they’ve never met before. Lois did not express her suspicions. Lois proceeded to invite them over for dinner because she had wanted to get to know her High School friend again.

Later after work, Lois told Clark that she had
invited her high school friend, Amy Jennings to dinner tonight. Once they got home that evening Clark whipped up something in the kitchen at super-speed before the Luther’s arrival at their home.

Clark had joined the guest after making sure the roast was in the oven, cooking. He went into the living room to converse with their guest and sat down on the sofa. Lois however had seen Lex walk into their home with a small blue box marked “First aid kit.” And then, Lois saw a small red letter that read “to be used on a Kryptonian only” written on the lid of the container. Just before Clark came and sat down on a couch, Lex had put the box on the floor next to him with the top of the box where all the words were located were facing the sofa. Clark came into the room in his short-sleeved shirt and long slacks.

For an hour everyone had conversed and ate dinner and had fun with Clark trying hard to conceal the fact that his stomach didn’t agree with the food and the unfamiliar feeling in his chest. Ex- Mrs. Luther had to get to work and left while Luther staid behind. Clark walked her to the door. Amy Jennings had a night job at a local charity organization. Lex had something to give to Lois and Clark. Lex and Lois was clearing the table when they heard a thud in the living room. Lois went to look to follow by Lex. “Clark” Lois shouted.

As Clark lay unconscious on the ground, Lex started by calling for an ambulance from his new hospital. Then he proceeded to open up Clark’s shirt. Which had confirmed his knowledge when he saw the Superman suit. “I was going to wait to give you this kit but duty calls.” Lex felt for pulse but there was none. He takes out a special syringe and stabbed it right through Clark’s chest and into his heart to inject the liquid that started up Clark’s heart again. Ambulance soon was dispatched; they were only a few minutes away. While Lex was removing Clark’s clothing to reveal the Superman costume, the ambulance lands form its’ flying mode. Lois removes Clark’s glasses when the paramedics came into the house with the front door opened by Lex. The paramedics with their high tech look uniforms attended to Superman’s condition. They take him to the special ward at the new hospital.

At the hospital, Superman was rushed to the examine room for diagnosis by Dr. Klein and then put on a filtering machine like that of a kidney dialysis machine. But after the first thirty minutes, Superman were up and ready to go. But before he could leave, Dr. Allison had injected 1 cc of a kind of sleep medication because she knew that no one could stop him if he is ready to go.
In Superman’s own hospital room alone with Dr. Klein and Allison, Lois said to Clark as Clark tore the tube out from his arm, “Clark. You shouldn’t get up so soon, you need your rest.”
“Lois. I do feel better.” But Clark yawned as the 1 cc of sedative took it’s effect on Clark, who decided to go back to sleep after all.

Once Clark was asleep Dr. Klein puts the tube
back in Clark’s arm; “I don’t know he has against tubes. That is the second time he did that.”

Dr. Allison then stated her theory, “Maybe, it has something to do with the time when Clark was kidnapped by Diana stride.”

“Clark said that he didn’t remember a thing form that incident”, Lois comment on Dr. Allison’s remark.

“Well, actions do speak louder then words. There is such a thing as the subconscious mind.”
That next evening Lois had gone throughout her town home to find out what the poison could be before Clark gets home. She cleared the refrigerator of all it’s content of food in hope that it won’t be the mushroom serum again. Then she cleaned the whole house when she noticed some sort of blue dust on her finger when she had sat down on the living room’s couch by the TV to rest or a few minutes.
At 9 PM in the evening, Lois was at the hospital to pick Clark up. She had to pass through the security guards at the front entrance of the special ward, first.

“How are you feeling?”

“Less tired then I was this afternoon.” He pauses as he thought about the incident that occurred a little after lunch. He had a tour of the hospital and couldn’t believe how high tech the hospital was and didn’t believe the technology for the hospital was from earth. He asked Lex that very question as he gave him the tour. Lex confirmed his suspicion. The hospital was made from an alien technology. “I hope all the technology goes to good use.”

“What technology?”

“Lex gave me a tour of the hospital late this afternoon. He’s a new man Lois. It seems like Lex Luther has really changed.” Clark said as he remembers while on tour he had gotten a bit sleepy. He had leaned against a wall holding unto the railings on the walls. He couldn’t believe that Lex actually had helped him back to his hospital room. Clark told the whole incident to Lois.

“Something isn’t right here. In the past, Lex usually tries to kill you and take me from you but now he turns around and save your life at the house.”

“Lex saved my life ” Clark commented on Lois’ statement in shock and disbelief.

“Yes, after sticking a three inch needle in your chest to get your heart started. Anyhow, while you were in the hospital, ‘The Church of Scientology’ had been severely bombed. All twenty members who were in the place are dead. Who ever bomb the place must’ve wanted revenge really bad that he poisoned our house to make sure Mr. S wont interfere in his plans.”
Thirty minutes later, in front of their town home, Lois told Clark that the house was cleaned and she had taken a sample of the dust particle to the medical ward of the new hospital to be analyzed. “We should hear back from Dr. Klein, soon, about what chemicals are those dust.”
Two days later, Monday morning, at work Clark and Lois was sent out to cover the bombing of the scientology department. They came back to Metropolis with in two days. Lois however was still wondering what had changed Lex Luther. Lois and Clark were soon invited to the remarriage of Mr. Lex Luther and Amy Jennings.

The story took two whole days to research on but that had finally had it done and they were on another story, the new medical building. Lex Luther gave them a tour of the hospital. Lex gave a comment on the recent downfall of the medical community, “Lois the reason I build the hospital is because a lot of other hospital are starting to become too greedy. The only treat people who have insurance. You know a recent doctor who did not treat a patient because he simple was just another patient and didn’t care. The doctor should have treated the patient for dehydration but instead sent the patient home. He died eventually. Here we don’t overwork the staffs.” While Lex talked Jimmy took pictures. “We rotate them. This place is 50 % charity and 50 % for profit. And now were heading for the special ward.” A policeman stopped Jimmy when Jimmy’s fingerprint had no match with the one on the computer’s files.

“You can’t go in young man. This is a private department, relatives and friends of the special patient only.”

“Jimmy. Leave your camera here they won’t allow camera in here.” Lex Luther authorizes Jimmy’s temporary passage. Lex first shows Clark the room that he was in. Unsure rather Jimmy knew Clark’s secret or not Lex said, “This is Superman’s room. We marked it off with special symbols. Like Superman’s ‘s’ is on the door.” Lex turns on the lights, as Clark felt his powers getting recharged further. Clark knew he was a bit exhausted this evening but had no idea of how low his energy supply was until Lex turned the lights on. “The light in this room gives off solar energy when Superman needs to recharge in the evening we turn it on. This room is also equipped with a monitoring device that warns the nurses if there is any traces of Kryptonite or Kranite in the room or in Kranite’s case; we also scans the ventilation shafts within a miles radius to the room.”

The group walks down the halls to see Aqua-man in another room, Clark hears the doctor say, “Okay you may go now. Your lungs are cleared. You may go home. Your fully recovered from the polluted water episode.” A few more rooms down the halls Clark saw Beth visiting a friend; he had blue skin and pointy ears. Lois joined Beth’s side and to be followed by Jimmy and Clark. Jimmy stood behind Clark but still able to see Beth’s friend but Beth’s friend wasn’t able to see him.

“Are you okay John? That’s a nasty fall you took.”

“Yeah, I’m fine. It wasn’t the fall Beth. But I wont be able to change for a whole week.”

“Don’t worry, you’ll get back in one week.” Dr. Allison replied, “Meanwhile take it easy, your morph ability will come back.”

But after the doctor had left, John couldn’t wait to get to his normal shape that he uses while he’s on earth, he tries to change his form, which caused Jimmy to look at him in shock. It was his buddy from the research department. John soon stops what he was doing because it was tiring him out.

“Shoot Now I wish I hadn’t had that cup of coffee. I can’t go to work looking like this. I’ll have to tell Perry to give me a week off of work.”

Jimmy steps forward, “Thomas, I thought I recognized that voice.”

“Jimmy. What are you doing here?”

“Just getting a tour of this place.” He pauses for a second. “How come you didn’t tell me?” Dr. Klein was free for two hours, so, he had joined the tour.

“Well, I didn’t want you to think that I was a monster.”

“Why would I think you’re a monster? Sticky, I’m your friend. I wouldn’t think anything bad about you. And I don’t think Perry would mind that you’re all blue.”

“Are you sure?” Then as sticky thought about the way Jimmy was thinking of him as a friend. On his home planet everyone was like a loner, no one socialized with anyone. Even his parents don’t talk to each other. As John started to feel warn inside at the knowledge that Jimmy had thought of him as a friend, a metal scissors came flying towards him. Clark grabs it in time before it hits John. “Thanks Clark. Every time I start feeling warm, everything gets stuck to me that is why Jimmy calls me sticky. I’m like a giant magnet.”

Lex took them further one more stop to the Emergency room of the special ward where they saw two emergency room people working on another strange man that Clark didn’t recognized. Lex wanted to introduce Lois and Clark to a new doctor he hired. So he waited until the doctor was finished with his patient.

“Lex, who’s that man the doctor was working on?” Clark asked as he saw the man coughing up some brown mush that got Clark to remember the time that he had done the same thing, He remember his mother had wiped up all the mess up since he couldn’t move a muscle.

“That is Luk-Rel. He just recently moved to earth from New Krypton. He’s only 14 years old. Unfortunately, he ran into some trouble two months after he landed on earth.” Lex saw the doctor coming out of the emergency room and introduced him to Lois and Clark, “Clark this is Dr. Emerson, He just moved to earth a few months ago from Daboon. It’s a planet close to the old Krypton. Dr. Emerson these are Lois and Clark, their reporters from the Daily Planet.”

Dr. Emerson shook Lois and Clark’s hand and then said, “I would hardly call twenty light years as apart as close. I use to do some work for a scientist on old Krypton before it exploded. His name is Jor-El.”

Clark said nothing but he recognized the name. But Dr. Emerson went on, “There was a plague going on at my home planet while I was working on a cure with Jor-El. So, I scan the neighborhood planets to see where I can find a new place to live away from the plague. That’s how I found that earth needed more doctors and nurses, our family left the planet and headed for earth after Jor-El told me it was okay to come if I pass on a message to his son for him.”

“What message?”

“Sorry, Clark. I was only supposed to deliver it to Kal-El. He doesn’t seem to have a mailing address.”

Lois then proceeded to ask, “So, how did you get here.”

“Well. We are very knowledgeable about different cultures around the universe we have a special ability to open up dimensional portal, wormhole, or travel between time line, if we dire to do so.” Emerson demonstrates and afterwards he continues, “The only thing we can’t do is travel back in time. All you see here are mostly Kryptonian technology in origin that I’ve brought with me to earth.”

Lex, “Dr. Jacob Emerson here is very knowledge on the subject of serum 7.”

“Yes, lets saved that for next time.”

“Is Jor-EL still okay?”

“Yeah, Clark, he’s fine. He’s helping with the development of a cure on my home planet. I got him out in time before the planet exploded. I helped him to settle down on Daboon. Our research went down with the whole planet, we had to start over but by the time I left the planet we were almost done. He’s still trying to get enough money to get a shuttle to earth. I’m really sorry that I couldn’t’ take him. Five passengers are all I could take without getting tired out too quickly. The Tamers always wanted a lot of money just to take you three light years. You know that is like charging $60 per mile for a cab ride from here to the Daily Planet.” Clark shook the doctor’s hand before they had to leave but all Dr. Emerson did was looked at the white patches of hair on Clark’s hand before noticing that Clark had one faint patch on his neck also. Clark and Lois leaves as Emerson started to look at Clark walking away in surprise and shock came to his face, he was shock at his own assumption while Clark was surprised that his biological parent’s are still alive. Lois, Clark, and Jimmy went back to the Daily Planet and Lex went back to his office, which left Klein and Emerson there to talk. On the way out Lois saw an advertising booklet that looked a lot like the free books that she often sees at train stops and bus stops that offers classes and decided to take one to see what it was about.

“Klein, I thought you told me that Clark was human.”

“He is.”

“Then why does he have this faint white patches on his neck and wrist? It’s an obvious sign of a Kryptonian that had overcome the addictive power of the serum seven. If he were a Kryptonian, I might just say that he had come across the poison twice and both time he tried to quit he had already taken it to a lethal dosage level.”

“Well, Clark is human. Maybe it just something else.”

“Maybe. If he was a Kryptonian, my diagnosis would be that if he ever takes another serum seven pill like the way he did before, it would kill him.” He thinks for a while to think of the story that Dr. Klein had told him at one
time, “Klein, you told me at one time that this BeLight lady took the Kryptonian into your lab.”

“Yes.”

“How did you treat him?”

“With the antidote. Why?”

“Because without the Kranite to balance it out, the body wont recognize it as poison, the chemical will remain inside causing some trouble. The chemical wont get filter out. I can’t imagine him being able to walk around at all. Serum seven usual causes nerve damages. But that all depends on if his secondary immune system is in the proper condition.”

“Did he get some Kranite exposure?”

“I think he might have gotten approximate 1 cc. But he was fine after that, so I didn’t go further with the treatment.”

“Hum, not enough. But I could be wrong, I wouldn’t know until I can do further tests.”

Just then a BeLight started whispering something into his ear as he was talking to Dr. Klein, “Excuse me Klein, I’m needed in room thirteen. It looks like Daniel has come for his check up.”

“Considering who his dad is, I’m surprise he can control those laser eyes of his.”

“I’m sure I’ll keep a fire extinguisher around me.”
During the car ride, Jimmy sat in the drivers seat as Clark sat in the back seat and Lois sat at the passenger seat. It was just a short ride about 15-20 minutes ride to the Daily Planet but Lois manages to get an idea as to what the book she had taken earlier was all about.

“What’s that you’re reading?”

“Oh, just a book I saw at the exit area of the hospital.”

“What is it?” Asked Jimmy.

“Emerson’s teaching some classes on the side to earn extra cash.”

“What are blue markers for?”

“Kryptonian. Yellow marker are for BeLight and Red headers are for Tazarians. Emerson is teaching a class on Kryptonian First Aid and another class on Saturday for Kryptonian Acupressure.”

“Now that would come in handy one day.”
Jimmy, “Sign me up too. I like to sign up for ‘Kryptonian First Aid’, who knows when I’ll be needing it if Beth does get hurt.” But when they had arrived at the Daily planet and they were getting out of the car, Jimmy commented to Clark that he should learn to drive.
Twenty minutes later, Daniel did loose control over his special ability and started a small fire in the hospital with the rays continuing to come out of his eyes.

“How do you turn these off?” Daniel hollered Dr. Emerson manages to put a pair of special glasses over Daniel’s eyes. “Wow It looks just like the one my dad always wears.”

“I’m going to have to arrange for you to see Connie. She’s going to be able to help you control those heat vision of yours.”

“Shucks that’s all I need is more school work.”

“Daniel, you have to work on this.”

“All right.”

As they enter their town home, Clark picks up a pamphlet from the ground with Christi’s pictures on it. “Poor mother is looking for her missing child.” But after looking at the picture of Christi’s mother, Clark could hear a voice in his head saying, “Mom.” But Christi was still unwilling to leave Clark alone. She was now safe from the counsels’ attempt to arrest her and kill her for a crime she did not commit.
The next day at the Daily Planet, Clark and Lois was writing up the article about the new hospital with Lois still puzzling over the changes she had seen in Lex Luther and also thinking ahead to what she would wear to her friend’s remarriage. Just then, Clark looked up from his writing to see the women in the pamphlet coming out of the elevator. He didn’t know what she was doing but he saw that her hands were examining each person in the room and glowing brightly. He soon realized that he was the only one that could see her was when he heard one man said, “Elevator is acting up again.” Then another man had said, “ It’s going crazy.”

Clark noticed the woman had raised her hand on top of his head but had decided to pretend that he couldn’t see her but he listened to the conversations. “Christi. Get out here, now.” To Lois surprise, she saw a shadowy figure coming out of Clark. “What do you think your doing? You had me worried to death.” As Christi un-emerge with Clark, Clark could feel his legs getting heavy and his super-speed started to leave him. He couldn’t type as fast as he was doing before Christi had separated herself. But minutes later, he was fine again.

“Clark, are you okay?”

“Yes.” Realizing that Christi was the only one holding him together to prevent further deterioration, he manages to stand up after he had seen Christi turned into a bright light when she had seen the counselors arrive. Clark realized that Christi must’ve had gone back inside of his body because he was able to move more normally this time. “Tammy, I need to talk to you in the conference room. And the counselors too.” Everyone in the room started to wonder why Clark was talking into the air at an invisible object, or is he getting delirious.

Clark enters the room seeing that they were already there and so did the rest of the other workers that worked in the newsroom. They all saw a lot of men and woman appearing out from nowhere. “Okay what is this about Christi being a murder.” So, the counsel explained how the dust particle they tested had told them that Christi had her fingerprint all over the remains of another half Quateans’ body.

Clark however could hear Christi’s voice in his head; “I didn’t do it ”

But as he was about to continue to settle this matter, the phone in the conference room rang. Clark answers it and heard Klein’s voice at the other end. Klein first asked how he felt and Clark explained about Christ’s situation and how she was responsible for his current status of being able to move so efficiently. Klein then expressed the situation about his conversation with Emerson and Clark should come to the hospital as soon as he was free. Clark agreed and immediately made an appointment of the time that he will be there. He then went back to talk to the counselors of the ‘Q’ society to have them wait for him at his house.
Minutes later, Clark was at the hospital as Superman but dressed in casual clothing. He met Dr. Klein and Emerson. Emerson got some emergency blood test done and while waiting for the test results he gave Clark his biological parent’s messages. Fifteen minutes later, Emerson looked over the result and did notice that there was a Quatean living inside of Clark. Emerson decided to do another test.

Clark stood in the exam room as Emerson delivered a telepathic thought to the Quatean. Clark knew what had happened as soon as he started slowing down, things didn’t come as easy for him now. It took all of his effort to walk to a seat to sit down. Emerson looks at the result of the blood test and noted down the way Kal-El was moving rather slowly. Emerson thought to himself, “Hum, it’s not as bad as I thought it would be.” He reads the record to find out that Dr. Klein had done a blood transfusion on Kal-El to repair the immune system’s lack in WBC. “3 cc should be enough to speed things along.” Emerson tells Clark about his diagnosis. A nurse soon came with a 2½ cc syringe full of Kranite as stated on the phone with Emerson. The nurse administers it as Emerson watched for improvements.

“Is Klein here?” Klein managed to ask when he finally noticed that he wasn’t as slow to respond as before.

“He should be coming in soon. He was supposed to relieve me in half an hour.”
Later in Dr. Klein’s lab, He was in the lab with three members of the counsels, Clark, Lois, Tammy and Christi. The counsels had come as soon as they had received Clark’s phone call. The members of the counsel made their evidence appear out of nowhere and set it down in front of Dr. Klein as he asks Christi to make the little rat disappear so he could examine it for signature. The rat turns into dust. Dr. Klein examines the dust particles for signature and compared it to the original sample that he had received from the counsels.

“That is close, but they’re not the same. I’d say who ever killed that man you told me about with his powers are related to Christ like a close cousin or brother but there are some differences in the two samples. But I can say for sure that Christi didn’t do it.” Christi sighs in relief as Dr. Klein proves to the counsels’ what their mistakes were.

A fourth man soon came out from nowhere and said, “It can’t be I made sure I did it thoroughly.”

“Dee.” Said one elder, “You must learn to calm down.”

“You can’t believe these humans over my research.”

“Okay then, I didn’t want to do this unless it was absolutely necessary, lets see who really did it.” The elder soon took the signature coding, because all Qateans’ has unique signatures like a fingerprint. He recreated the signature and had saw in whom the signature had belong to.

Christi just looked at the image that was resting on the elder’s hand in shock, “Why would cousin Admen want to frame me?”

The three counselors disappeared for four minutes and came back with a young and struggling Adman. “No I’m not going to.” The three counselors look at Jeffery holding the struggling teenager. “Let go of me you hulk ” He shouted.
“What I don’t get is how is it that the witness all say that Christi did it?”

Just then Admen’s mom came and said, “That is because I’m also half Trideek.”

Christi then looked confused, “What’s a Trideek?”
“It’s a kind of alien that can change their forms. Let me just show you.” Admen’s mom started changing form too to look like Christi and then back to her normal base form. “I’m also half Quatean. Admen’s dad is a full blooded ‘Q’.”

Just as the second elder got closer, Admen kick harder. “No I’m not going to be Christi’s slave.”
“It’s the Quatean’ law.” With this word by the elder he immediately was marked admen with a star on his left shoulder as the property of Christi for ten Quatean years, which are equal to then human centuries.

“Why did you do it son? You know you’ve disgraced the whole family. I won’t be able to show my face in eternity past.”

“Why did you do it?” A third counselor had asked.

“Because I hate her All this time I try to be a good kid. All mom and dad would talk is Christi did this and Christi did that. They never paid any attention to what I did and me. I hate her for ruining me.”
While Clark was with Klein, Lois had just finished her first class on ‘Kryptonian First Aid’. She had learned a little bit about acupressure points in a Kryptonian. Lois and Jimmy had only learned the basic part in this class like what pressure points were used to relieves what aliment or stress. Lois had actually learned that there was a pressure point on a Kryptonian’s back that supposed to help relive toxins in the body. She had found the course rather interesting, “Hum, maybe I should try it on Clark sometimes.”

Jimmy however was interested in a way to calm Beth down. Beth was still recovering from all that torment and assaults on her when she was back on New Krypton, which causes her a lot of time in depression and completely stressed out. But Jimmy does admit to himself that she was indeed getting better but slowly.
But it wasn’t over yet, Jenson heard that Mark was in jail for the bombing but he wanted Superman dead for all the jobs he had lost and what he believe was also the death of one of his close family member. “This time it’s no Mr. Nice guy.” Jenson had just finished reading a chapter of on Kryptonian history about a small creature that eats Kryptonian flesh and had read that there was no way of getting the creature out once inside. He read that the creature starts out as a microscopic bacterium and can grow to the size of the smallest dog. But where is he to get hold of such bacteria. Jenson decided to employ some people to sneak into star labs.
The next day the two men that he hired came back with two towels in a glass jar. Jenson scans it first to see if there were any bacteria on it before handling the men cash. When the men left Jenson said, “okay my lovely pesticide it is time for you to awake.” Jenson looked into the microscope and found that there were six different kinds of bacteria on the rag but he only took the one that he needed. He added two chemicals in the beaker with the bacteria before he put it in the refrigerator. Two minutes later he took it out to see that there were vibrations in it. He looked into it with a microscope to see that the creature was awake and was swimming in the droplet of the two chemicals. As another minute passes, he could see in the microscope that the little creature was growing and showed signs of hunger. He put the bacteria in another small container.
Two days later, Clark was rescuing people and managed to get back with Lois just in time. Lois and Clark went to their favorite coffee stand but instead of their regular coffee server they had a new man, “Hi, You’re new in the neighborhood.”

“Yeah, I’m just pitching in for the regular guy. He’s sick at home.”

“Let me see if I can get this right, he told me what the two of you like. Clark like it with regular coffee with whole milk.” Jenson proceeded to make the coffee out of Clark’s sight and took out his small tube and dumped the bacteria into Clark’s coffee. He then hands Clark the coffee.

“Sure Thanks”

“Lois, you want to have…”
That after noon, Clark was beginning to think his stomach didn’t agree with the cup of coffee. But by late afternoon, Clark was starting to wonder why he keeps on feeling like someone is taking a bit out of him.
But that evening in the lobby of the Daily Planet, Lois started telling Clark a story when Clark stopped his pace of walking as Lois kept walking but she soon realized that Clark was not walking along side of her.

“Clark.” She said and then turned around to see that Clark was still a few feet away at the closed newsstand that usually sells some refreshment, hanging on to the counter. Lois could see the obvious pain on Clark’s face as he had tried to stay standing and more obvious sign was that Clark was breaking the counter with his tight grasp of the counter’s edge. Lois helped Clark to the car.

Once in the car, “Clark. What’s wrong?”

“I don’t know…it feels like someone’s chewing on me.”

“We got to get you to the hospital.”

“No. Can’t go there in this. Dr. Klein has to be…
Owe ” As he tried hard to not let the excruciating pain show but fails as the creature took another bite.

Clark, I’m taking you there. Dr. Klein wont have the necessary equipment to help you at our home.” Lois drove as Clark tried as hard as he can to not let the pain stop him from getting his business suit off.
Later at the hospital, Dr. Klein was off duty with Dr. Allison as Lois drove up to the Emergency entrance. Lois first tried to hide Clark’s clothing’s before she went inside to get the paramedics. Emerson right away saw that it was Superman and took out a scissor after he had heard what Lois had said about the situation. Dr. Emerson cuts clothing right at the lower right abdomen area and found what he was expecting an oversized black, purple, and blue marking. Dr. Emerson calls for a stretcher and then said, “Code one”. Lois knew it was serious, then Lois heard Emerson say a few words that she couldn’t reorganize until he said something in English, “Dam I thought I killed them all.”
But ten minutes later, as Emerson tried to inject a chemical directly through Clark into the creature when he noticed Clark’s eye changed color. “Oh, oh.” With in seconds, Clark was gone. Emerson rushes to press the security lock down button. Immediately a high pitch noise was sent through out the hospital. It only took fifteen minutes before Emerson found Superman lying in a dark corner but Lois was there fist. Emerson couldn’t hear her but Lois was there leaning over. “Clark.”

Emerson came closer, “Lois, Superman’s no longer there. Emerson sees the glowing eyes.” Knowing now that things are getting serious. This was the part of the hospital that he had never thought of putting the paralyses machine in. That is probably why the creature had decided to come here.
Two hours later as Clark lay in bed with a device attached to his side, plus a special dialysis machine. He was in his Superman suit without the cape. As Emerson started to explain about the little monsters called Nomad (For similar pictures: Eyewitness books of Dogs, PG. 54 hairless Chinese crested Dog.), Lois saw Jenson. She looks at his jesters as if he were saying “Rats Foiled again.” Lois continued to listen to Emerson’s explanation. Emerson explained how the monster needed to be inserted in while it is still small because it was like if a human had tried to bite into a crab without any tools.

Emerson started telling the story of how he knew his father, “Well it all started before you were born Kal-El, I was working with your father to try and find out why the Kryptonian population was going down. I was only twenty years old and your father was few years older then me when we first started working together. I’ve hopped into another universe and found out about the culture called nomads by the two remaining Kryptonians left in that universe. I went back to my own universe and told your father about it and that’s how we came up with the cures. After that incident he was very grateful for my help and asked if he could help me with something, I told him about this plague going around on my home planet. I told him how everyone on my home planet was so stuck on thinking that they can’t get sick because they’re so knowledgeable and still refuse to believe me when millions are dying. Ten years after that I got your father off the planet, was when our government finally admitted the seriousness and asked your father for help. I moved here a few years later but didn’t want anyone to know that our family was aliens because of the recent concerns about alien abductions, so, we kept quiet.”

“Is my father still alive?”

“Yes He told me he really wanted to come to earth to see you but didn’t have the money to pay the Tamers. So far, he has come up with 20 billion in diamonds. He still has 30 billion more to go.”
Later, despite Jenson's attempt to be secretive about his new lab. Lois had managed to follow him to his hideout. Lois thought, “He sure is sloppy. If he doesn't want me to follow him, why does he leave clues?”

Jenson went into his lab to get something and then left the house with his door wide open. “He's also careless.” Lois went inside and found out Jenson's next plan of attack and took the medical manual with her. When she got back to the hospital Lois managed to see that Martha ordering Clark to get back in bed. While Martha was with Clark another nurse had left some food out in the open unguarded as Jenson was dressed in a doctor’s uniform. He had made sure no one was looking before he put in the poison. Lois proceeded to go over to the cart full of trays and pretended to be a clumsy lady and spilled the tray. As the nurse returned to see a huge mess and began to clean it up, “Sorry about that.”

Lois proceeded to talk to a security guard about their lack of security. The head of security check the video and was embarrassed to admit that they had let a criminal in and had apologized and proceeded to arrest Jenson on trespassing and attempted murder charges.

Emerson talked to Beth in his office about the procedure that Superman needed. “Beth, all we need is a small part of your liver to help Superman get back to normal.”

“I'm sorry. I can't do it. Beth refused to listen. She had seen this happen far too many times. When a high rank society people get hurt and their organ fails, they would find a concubine and take all their organs for their own use. Beth stormed out of the hospital.

“How was it?” Lois asked Dr. Emerson.
“Not very good, I'm afraid. She doesn't want to donate.”

I'll get the number from Jimmy and talk to her.”

Once Beth had gotten home, she received a call from Lois. “Oh, Hi Lois.”

“How are you?”

“Okay, Things could be worse.”
“I saw you stormed out of Emerson's office. Is there something wrong?”

“It’s nothing major, Lois. He just wanted me to donate some of my liver to Clark. I just don't trust him. He'll just take everything he can.”

“Beth. He won't. Emerson is a nice man.”
The next day, Emerson had removed the dead Nomed creature from Clark's side and found out how much of Clark's liver had been digested by the monster. Emerson took one look at Beth's liver and found something that is different from other Kryptonians. She had two livers and two hearts. “Hum” Emerson says as he ponders over the new information. Then he remembered a story about one concubine who survived his own murder where he had lost a liver. Emerson took part of Beth's large liver for Superman. Just then he immediately saw the whole entire liver grew back.

Emerson could not tell where he had cut the organ. “Hum.” He said again. Emerson put the liver in Superman in their proper place. Dr. Klein was observing and learning everything and he had noticed that there was no sutures needed but Emerson had prescribed that a herbal medication be given to Superman as soon as he woke up from the operation to turn on Clark's secondary healing powers on. “It's lucky we caught it in time before the monster had headed for his heart next. Klein do you think you can seal him up. I have to make sure this little sucker is dead. Emerson preceded to that the Nomed to another device, “Woe Six pounds.” He measures and then gave the furry four-legged Nomed a death sentence.
But later in the next evening, Lois had given the manual back to Emerson while a nurse hands Superman a cup of water and a herbal medication Emerson then began to say, “You know I don't need this. Half of the things in this book are based on superstitious beliefs. But some are factual, and had been backed up with research.”

“Then, can you destroy it?”

“Why don't I let you do it? Then you, will know that its been destroyed.”

So, Lois kept the book with her and then turned around to talk to the Superman as he hands the water back to the nurse, “how are you?”

“A little bit better and a little bit sleepy.”

“Okay, just let me take a look at the wound.” He examined it and said, “It looks good. I think it is safe for you to go home first things in the morning. Do you have a place to stay for three days? I want you to get a complete 24-hour bed rest before you start going around and rescuing people.”

Lois said, “Yes, I think Clark and I could help.”

“I don't want you to go flying, lifting cars, or rushing through a burning building for twenty-four hours.”

“Sure.”

“Get some sleep, and I’m releasing you in the morning.”
One week later in the afternoon, Christi had shown up at the Daily Planet to ask Clark the ultimate question. But to Clark had thought that she had looked a bit sad and depressed. Lois who had seen Christi for a brief moment while introducing her to Lois but Christi had wanted to speak to Clark alone. So, Lois left.

“Clark, I wanted to thank you for clearing my name.”
“You’re welcome. Don't hesitate to call me if you need any help.”

“Sure, I won’t. But, I wanted to also give you something for helping me out.”

“No thanks. Your thanks are good enough.”

“Are you sure? I could make you immune to Kryptonite.”

“That is tempting, but your thanks is good enough.”
In the evening, after the Kents' had their dinners, Christi showed up. She had to ask Clark again.

“Clark, I really wanted to give you something for helping me out.”

“No, thanks. Your thanks are good enough.” Clark repeated the same words he said that afternoon.

“Clark, Please. I want to give you something for saving me from that execution. You name it and I’ll do it.”

“There's nothing I need. I have everything.”

“Clark Please.” Just then Christi knew what Clark wanted, “How about meeting your biological parents.”

“I don't know. I do have a lot of questions to ask them.”

“Just say the words Clark.”

“I don't know if I will be ready for this.”

“Clark.” She paused for a second, “If, your worry about, them being a typical Kryptonian your wrong.”

“Okay, I wish my real parent's are here on earth.”

“Yes ” Christi said in excitement in finally being able to pay Clark back for what he did for her. Christi wave her two hands and out from nowhere came Jor-El (white), his wife-Lara (oriental), a teen-ager, and a three-year-old daughter and five large suitcases of their personal belongings.

“Clark, I like you to meet your parents and your younger sister Mar-El and brother Fel-El.”

Clark was now having mixed emotion, surprised and glad at the same time. He was now a big brother. He had also noticed that Jor-El didn’t look anything like 3D graphic of Jor-El that he had seen.

Christi continued, “Jor-El, my name is Christi and I'm a helper. I brought you here to repay your son Kal-El for what he did for me. His earth name is Clark.” Christi disappeared at the moment of having completed what she came for.

“Hello.” Clark pauses unsure of what to say, “Dad.”

Mrs. El picked little Mar-El up and said, “Mar-El, this is your big brother Kal-El”

“Please call me Clark. Everyone does.”

“Well, Clark. This is your little sister Mar-El.”

“Hello, there.”

Thirty minutes later, Clark was having a private talk with Jor-El (American) and wanted to ask him a few questions at Clark’s home.

“Clark, I don't believe in arranged marriage but my father had promised you to her family already. That's why when Krypton was about to explode. I sent you to earth for a reason.”

Jonathan and Martha were in Lois and Clark's new home. Lois and Clark had just recently moved to this new home from their old town house because of the need for a guess room as well as a baby's room. Clark was now in the back yard with Fel-El or his earth name Felix. Jor-El was getting acquainted with their son’s human parent.

Clark was in the back yard playing a game of basketball with Felix. He was teaching Felix the rules of the game and the ability of flight. “Clark, big brother. How come I can't use my powers to help people? I know I have these powers, which means I should help.”

“Well, Felix it is kind of complicated. You want to have a wife and children some day don't you?”

“Yes.”

“Well. Lets assume that the world knew about your superpowers, first of all, reporters will be following you wherever you go and secondly, there are also the scientists that you have to watch out for.” Clark proceeded to explain to Felix about the incident he had with Henry Potters even if it meant that he didn't feel comfortable remembering it. But he kept on remembering what Lois said to him long time ago, 'this fear is a part of you. You have to let it out …’ and then Clark told about when he had a run in with the sleazy magazine reporter that had run a column about Superman sleeping with Lois Lane in which convinced Felix about it. Clark all of a sudden heard his Kryptonian father Jor-El calling him in for dinner.

“I really have to get use to this telepathy thing.”

“Don't you use yours, big bro?”

“Use? Use what?”

“You’re ability to send messages with thought.”
“No. I basically learned how to use my powers by myself.”

“Well, maybe I can help. Since you taught me how to fly, I'll teach you how to use your thought transfer ability. Maybe in the future when you need help, you can use it.

“It's dinnertime. Maybe another day.” Clark then opens the door for his little brother.

While cleaning up the dishes, Lois had carelessly and an accident gave herself a small cut. But to Clark's Kryptonian parent, Mrs. Kal-El or her new earth name Debra, had made a big fuss over Lois' cut and got very concerned.
“Are you okay? You’re not hurt, bad, Are you?”
“No, I’m not hurt that bad. It’s just a little cut. “ Lois then thought, “Maybe that's where Clark got it from, His, 'I have to save the world' attitude.”

Three months later, with Clark's help, Joe-El had sold all his diamonds to a manufacture that was seeking for some diamonds for his jewelry making business. Clark helped Jor-El and his family to settle into their new home. It was also the third time that Clark, Lois and Jor-El's family was eating at Dr. Emerson's home. Jor-El had also decided to go by the name of Joe.
Later, Joe had also set up a lab in the basement of his new home. He had spent so much time in his lab that Emerson had to make Joe's lab off limits to Joe for a week until his color came back to his face. But Joe remains working hard in his lab despise the orders until one day he fainted at the lack of sun.

Lois staid at Joe Elson's side until Mrs. Elson got there, Lois thought, “I wonder if that is where Clark got his stubbornness, refusing to stay still.” She pauses to add in a bit of after thought, “when a person is in danger.”
Two months later, time was starting to repeat itself as Lois was given an assignment out of town. But there were no hookers this time to meet Clark at an alleyway to entice him to go into the alley with her. Clark assumes the incident will never happen again.
Two weeks later, Lois was back home again and had written her story on the women's winter game in Canada. Clark came home and then heard a noise that directed him to his back yard. He sees a stranger in his back yard. But after a few minutes he had notice that the man that had landed in his back yard from the air was Joe Elms, His Kryptonian father. Clark was shock to see that he was able to change the shape of his face to look like anyone he pleases.

Lois calls, “Clark” as her calls had distracted Clark from his thought. “Clark, Dr. Emerson has invited us to his home for dinner again. Do you want to go?”

“If you like to go, but I rather spend the night with you.” He kisses her at close range to give her an idea what he had in mind.”

“Sorry, Mrs. Emerson. I think we'll eat at home this time. Thanks anyway.”

Lois had told Mrs. Emerson as Clark kisses her neck fondly trying to make up loss times.
Later the same night, Lois was cooking in the kitchen with Clark and taking in a few lessons. But when Lois had accidentally cut herself with the knife, she had noticed that her wounds had healed within seconds.

“Now that is strange.”

“What is honey?”

“My cut. It's gone.” “ Lois looked at the finger where she had cut herself. “No, evidence of a cut at all.”

The next day, At the Daily Planet newsroom, Clark, Lois, Perry, and Oliver were in Perry's office with a lead box Perry started off by saying, “Lois, Clark, It's good that you're here. You've known about the new staffing at Star labs. Well, Oliver here used to be the head security officer at Star Labs to guard over the vaults. He has some rather bad news if you can get it to Superman as soon as possible.”

“What is it chief?”

Right when Clark had asked that question, Oliver had opened the box to show it's content of Kryptonite. Oliver spoke as he saw a shock expression on Clark's face “Since, Star labs had new managers, they've been money greedily. This substance in my possession was on its way to a man name Joe Piety. Piety's a three-time killer who is tired of Superman getting in his way. I believe he was planning on using this on Superman. I hope you can warn Superman. I don't know how many of these rocks that Star lab had already sold to other felons.”

“We'll warn him.” Clark said trying to hide the fact that he was surprised that the Kryptonite hadn't affected him because he knew he hadn't taken any serum seven. By the time he got to his table, Lois had noticed that Clark might be thinking of what she's thinking.

“How come you weren't affected by that rock?” Lois said but Clark was curious also.

“I have no idea.”

“Maybe you should go talk to Emerson.”

“I think I better, but not as you know who.”
Later Clark walked into the new hospital and asked Emerson if he had a few minutes to answer some of his questions.

“Sure, why don't we go for lunch?”

At the hospital cafeteria, a computer had come up to them at their table after Clark
And Dr. Emerson had ordered lunch. After they had punched some keys on a pad, The robot serves them their orders.

Clark chatted for a while before asking Emerson about the current hospital situations and if the hospital is very busy or not. “So, how busy is this place on a regular basis.”

“It's not as busy as a normal human hospital. But we have been having some more humans coming to the other branch of this hospital, due to the advance in technology. Then Emerson decided to ask Clark the question, “Okay, Clark. What did you want to know?”

“Well, actually. Superman wanted me to ask you something but he’s out in China helping out.” He then thinks, “At least that wasn’t a total lie.”

But all the while they talked Emerson couldn’t get that nagging feeling out of his mind. He could see Clark’s aura and recognize it as similar to another person’s but he couldn’t quite put his finger on it.

“Oh. And what would that be?”

“He wanted to know if there is another cure for Kryptonite poisoning.”

“There is the risky one, which is the serum seven.” Emerson was now suspicious but had let his suspicion go.

“I know that one, he told me he won't touch those things again after what happened last time.”

“Exactly, what did happen last time.”

“It’s a long story. Anyway, Is they’re another cure?”

“No, but there is a way to prevent him from getting poisoned by Kryptonite, if he takes it in advance.”

“Like what?”

“Like that salad and grape drink that you and Lois had when you came over to our house to eat for dinner. My wife makes the best homemade food. The grapes and vegetables that she used to make the salad and drink are from my home planet. But that couldn't be possible; we never did invite him over. The last time I saw him was in the emergency room. Did you give him some of my wife's homemade salad?”

“Yes”. Clark said it to wipe away Emerson's speculations and hope that he isn't trying to find out about Superman's other half of life. “So, Dr. Emerson. Do you have time to do another tour? I need to do a follow up story on that story this hospital had come up with a cure for AIDS”.

“Actually, we are still working on it but I'll tell you a little bit about it.”

The next day morning at home, at the breakfast table, Lois then brought up again what Clark had told him last night before bed.

“Are you sure that is what Dr. Emerson said about the foods from his home planet?”

“Yes, apparently the foods react differently with different species.”

“It gave you the ability to resist Kryptonite poisoning and me, it sped up my healing process.”

“Apparently that is what it looks like, but he did tell me something interest while he was showing me the hospital again last night.”

“Like what?”

“He told me not to write about the foods we ate at his house. When I asked him why because the food had potential to heal other human diseases, you know what he said, He said, our home planets is already flocked with demands for those foods. Our agriculture system can't handle any more demand. The population on our home planet is 70% and with population of 20% and 10% animal and people. I had to promise him that I wont write it up unless he okays it.”

“That is too bad; I would love to have a lifetime supply of the food too. Oh, before I forget Clark, the Emerson is coming over for dinner tonight. Mrs. Emerson had also asked if we would like them to bring anything. I told them to bring salad and that grape drink that you love so much.”

“Me.” Clark was obvious surprise at why would Lois say such a thing, “Why did you say that I like it?”

“I saw you Clark. You practically drank the whole picture of the grape juice the last time we were at their house.”

“I did not.”
The next day at work, Clark wrote up the short story in no time but was soon in Perry's office for the next story. Perry told Clark that there was not many stories' to write up. By three PM, Clark was wondering where Lois was; she hadn't come back from lunch. Clark started to worry until Perry had told him that he had let her go home earlier to prepare for guest.

Just then as the room started to empty out Oliver was walking by the elevator to come and talk to Clark, but then, Clark started to loosen his tie. He knew what that feeling was even though with the help of the two previous close encounter with serum seven, the symptoms of Kryptonite poison was still there but has lessen its effect on him.

“Are you okay? Clark.” Perry asked as he had seen Clark starting to turn pale.

“You know Perry; maybe I should take the afternoon off too. I think I need to help Lois with the preparation. I hope you don’t mind.”

“No. Things are slow now. Go right ahead.”

At a nearby comer, Clark sighed relief as if he had gotten out in time before anyone had found out that he was Superman.

Meanwhile near Clark's table, Oliver had not seen Clark leave. He asks Perry, “Hello Perry is Clark here?”

“No, he just left. Can I help you?”

“Do you know where this new hospital is located at? I needed to take this…” Oliver took out a chunk of Kryptonite from his pocket. “… to the hospital for safe keeping.”

I'll take you there, just let me close up the paper a bit early.”

“Sure. I'll wait.”

As Perry left, he started to connected the Kryptonite with the pale look on Clark's face but then shrugged it off and thought, “Nah, it can't be possible.” After he was ready to go then he realized something.
Three days later, Lois was at the new hospital for the special heroines. She saw another morphing kid changing from an ordinary house cat to nine years old boy and then said, “Daddy Look what I can turn to. Immediately the kid turned to a tiger cub.

Lois was having a few questions about the past, specifically about Clark's abductions a few years back. She remembers Emerson telling her about Kryptonian having perfect memory. So how come Clark couldn't remember a single incident that happened