Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Wendymr Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
I know there are some Doctor Who fans here, so thought I'd mention that a few of us are nominated in new fic awards being run for that fandom, the Children of Time Awards . Those nominated are Kaethel, Dave and myself, and we're all nominated in the Doctor Who (new series) section.

If you're looking for some good DW fic to read, the Children of Time awards might be a good place to start! The awards are divided into a number of categories: by character, by pairing, by type of story and by length. Just one warning: I know some people here prefer not to read slash (male/male or female/female relationships), and there is a fair bit of slash in the Who fandom, and even more in Torchwood given the primary on-screen relationship there is male/male. For New Who, if you want to avoid slash it's sensible to stay away from the Jack/Doctor category (except for Atonement, which is a brilliant story, set post-Parting of the Ways with Jack and the Tenth Doctor and can easily be read as friendship-only), and exercise caution in the Jack Harkness category. Any story links going to LiveJournal will have headers which include summary and warnings. For links going to Teaspoon, the main DW fic archive, click on the author's name at the top of the story on Teaspoon, scroll to the story and read the summary and any warnings.

Just one comment on the nominees list: although nominations have closed, this isn't the final list yet as it's being tidied up according to rules about maximum nominations per author and stories more than a year old (it's not like the Kerths!).

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Congratulations to you, Kaethel and Dave! clap And may I say I'm not a bit surprised?

Thanks for the reading suggestions, too -- I don't normally read any fanfic other than L&C but sometimes I do wander around, so I'll keep this in mind. It's good to have a starting point.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Features Writer
Features Writer
Awesome! Congrats Wendy, Kaethal and Dave! I'm sure you guys will clean up in these awards! clap clap clap

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
smile1 Congratulations Wendy, Kaethel and Dave!

And thank you, Wendy, for posting the link. clap

Tricia cool

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I am assuming that Kaethel is Kae_nine and Dave is Dave7?

Wendy is pretty easy to spot... wink

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yes, you guessed right, James. Not that hard to decipher. wink

Saskia smile

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Congrats Wendy (and Dave and Kaethel)! Your stories rock! dance
Brenda

Wendymr Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Ooh, another DW fan! Have you found the Teaspoon ? That's the main DW fic archive. It can seem difficult to navigate at first - over 20,000 stories! - but you can browse by Doctor, search by Doctor, character, specific genre, rating etc under the advanced search.

Another good way of navigating - because, like most fic archives (and especially those, unlike the L&C archive, where there's no editing service) there's dross among the gems - is to find the pages of authors you like and look up their favourite author and favourite story pages. For example, my author page is here and you can click on the links for my favourite authors and stories. Find other authors you like and do the same.

Have I seen you on LiveJournal, Brenda? If I have, I don't recall or haven't recognised your LJ nick. Feel free to friend me (if you haven't already) and either reply here or PM me on LJ to let me know it's you, and I'll friend back. thumbsup

Oh, and one other pimp: I'm part of the reviewing team for a community set up specifically to review nominated stories in these awards. Anyone who's interested, do hop over to Children of Time Nominees Reviews - at the moment, you'll see reviews of some of the nominated stories in Round One, and we'll be starting to post reviews of Round Two nominees in a few days. It's another great way of finding stories you might enjoy smile

[Linked Image]

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Wendymr Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Back to let anyone interested know that Children of Time Reviews will be starting to post reviews of nominated stories in this round from tomorrow, and that today we've posted links to review written last round for stories in the current nomination list. Hop on over and take a look!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard