Print Thread
#219452 11/17/08 04:24 PM
C
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
C
Hey guys!

I'll be attending a wedding and I was wondering on some ideas for a gift. Outside of the standard registry items do you guys have any other ideas for a thoughful gift aside from money?

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
#219453 11/18/08 02:30 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I'd say that if the couple has a registry, please stick to it. I didn't understand that at all until I was married in June this year. My husband and I received several gifts from well-wishers that were not on our registry. While we appreciated the gestures, we're now stuck with so much crystal glasses/vases/bowls that we don't know what to do with them. They're actually locked up in our library on top of the bookshelves for fear of our cats breaking something.

If you really feel that you don't want to go the registry route, one of the best suggestions I can offer is photo albums and picture frames (if you know the couple's tastes). We have so many pictures from our wedding, but we're still lacking in frames.

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard