Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#219385 11/09/08 02:26 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Speaking of future women presidents... goofy I found a really cute radio interview with 7-yr-old Piper.

http://www.bobandmark.com/node/2449

It's only a few minutes long. Totally nonpartisan. wink

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#219386 11/09/08 02:48 AM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
You're right, Pam, this is great! She's a very well-spoken seven-year-old. Must be that independent Alaskan spirit. She's spunky!

I didn't know there was a Piper Palin Fan Club! And my favorite part was when Piper's mom called her to get off the phone and get to school! And I think it's great that Piper doesn't like Chuck E. Cheese! Where can I get a kid like that?

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#219387 11/10/08 05:34 AM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I, too, am fascinated by Piper Palin. The girl has a spunkiness that is a mixture of innocence, wide-eyed interest and confidence. How refreshing that is to see. There are just so many kids, and particularly girls, who are so desperate to fit in and be cool (or something) that they are almost frozen. All their energy and concentration is channeled into monitoring themselves and trying to imagine themselves through the eyes of kids they want to impress. They have absolutely no energy left for other things. Taking an interest in the world outside? Looking at things around them and forgetting themselves for a moment? Not them.

I think that this paralysing need to constantly monitor themselves is something that cripples girls psychologically and makes them less fit to be leaders, for example. Sadly, I think it makes them slightly more stupid, too.

That is why it is such a joy to watch (and listen to) Piper Palin. Will her spunkiness survive her adolescence? I very much hope so.

Here are some pictures of Piper Palin:

Piper Palin photos

Ann

#219388 11/10/08 06:50 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thanks for the link, Ann -- such cute pictures. Glad you & Terry enjoyed the radio interview smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#219389 11/10/08 08:08 AM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
More Piper Pics...

Need to get mine posted. She's a doll...

Carol

#219390 11/10/08 04:32 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
LOL! Maybe I don't spend enough time with 7-year-olds to have a good baseline but to me that was just a giggly girl who said nothing but "I don't know..." and "That'd be aaaaawesome..." wink

I liked the radio host, though - he was really cool laugh

"Maybe I know what it's like, trying to find fulfillment in the wrong person. Trying to fit into the mold others expect of you."

"Looking for love" by DC Lady
#219391 11/11/08 02:19 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Certainly wasn't a profound discussion laugh but hey, it was cute!

PJ

"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#219392 11/11/08 05:39 PM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
What I find so refreshing about Piper Palin is how she seems to be so confident and so unselfconscious at the same time. She is happily taking in the world around her, generally expecting good things from it, and never worrying that she herself will not be able to measure up. I find myself smiling just looking at her!

Ann

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard