Next Thread
Print Thread
Q
Qex Offline OP
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
Q
If you are standing right in front of 10 large racks of toys, with a giant sign that says 'TOY SHOP', and a customer comes up and asks you 'Do you sell toys?', are you justified in saying, 'Sorry, no' ?.. wallbash

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I think you're justified in whacking them upside the head with a two by four...

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
rotflol

*ahem*

Sorry.

Have you ever heard of the website (the customer is) not always right ?

Tara

Rose: You're NOT keeping the horse!
Doctor Who: I let you keep Mickey, now lets go!
Doctor Who, The Girl in the Fireplace
Q
Qex Offline OP
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
Q
*sheepish*

That's where I found it. blush

Columnist
Columnist
When I worked fast food, I had countless customers in drive-through ask for their meals "to go".

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
I once worked for an electronics store, and a man claiming to be a dentist came in and examined a small stereo for his office. It was hooked up, powered up, and playing the radio station the store manager wanted all the stereos to play, so he could listen to it all he wanted. He asked me if the radio signal would be full of static in his office, because his patients didn't like it when the music was fuzzy.

"There's no way I can know that, sir," I told him. "It depends on where the office is, the number of electronic devices around it, how thick the walls are, whether or not you use the included antenna, and sometimes what wall you put the stereo against."

"I just want to know if the sound will be clear," he muttered.

"If you tune it to an FM station, you'll probably get very good reception. There are a number of them in town." (This was in a very large metropolitan area.)

"But I don't want it if it sounds fuzzy. Will the sound be clear?"

"I can't guarantee that, sir, but I'm sure you'll be satisfied."

"Can I bring it back if it sounds fuzzy?"

"If you want to bring it back for a refund, make sure you keep the original box and the receipt. But I'm sure you'll like the way it sounds."

"Nah, I think I'll go somewhere else. You don't know your stock very well, do you?"

We had this same conversation twice more that day with a few minor alterations. He kept asking me to tell him something I couldn't, and for a sixty-five dollar sale yet.

I assume he found some clerk who was willing to guarantee a fuzz-free signal, because he didn't buy the stereo from us.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I used to work at a pizza place next to a Subway sandwich shop. We'd get people coming in and asking for subs. Then, later, when I worked at the Subway next door, we'd get people coming in asking for pizza.

Tara

Rose: You're NOT keeping the horse!
Doctor Who: I let you keep Mickey, now lets go!
Doctor Who, The Girl in the Fireplace
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I used to work at a pizza place next to a Subway sandwich shop. We'd get people coming in and asking for subs. Then, later, when I worked at the Subway next door, we'd get people coming in asking for pizza.
confused wallbash

Carolyn

Pisco and Ceviche ->100% PERUVIAN. Never doubt that.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
When I worked in the local library, I quite often had to wheel a trolley full of just-bought books into the public area to access the catalogue card cabinets. It would take me several hours to work through the cards and remove those which related to existing editions of the same books, to avoid duplication.

As these books were in the process of being catalogued, prior to going out on the shelves, they weren't able at that time to be checked out or removed by readers.

It was astonishing just how many people would come up to the trolley and actually LIFT clear the huge sign I'd put on it saying "These books not for lending - do not remove!!" to view the titles of the books beneath, before trying to take them to the check out desk. :rolleyes:

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
C
Kerth
Kerth
C
When I worked in a restaurant I had someone ask me if we were open I reply yes and then the person asked me if they could come in to eat.

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Star Kat, that's a great site!!

We all do strange things sometimes. So here's one that I did a few years ago...

It was the Christmas season and I was in a mood to do some late shopping. So I called Walmart (a department store in the States) to see how long they were open.

The lady that answered said, "Hello, this is your 24 hour Walmart. How can I help you?"

To which I replied, "How long are you open?"

I still get teased about this by my family. laugh

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard