Print Thread
#219041 10/29/08 12:43 AM
LabRat Offline OP
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Just found this on YouTube - hilarious! I love it.

Barak Roll

And no matter what other opinion you have, you gotta admit, the man is a smooooth dancer. wink

And this take on it is pretty funny, too. I just love McCain's 'responses'. LOL! Especially the rising eyebrows. goofy

McCain Gets Barack Roll\'d

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#219042 10/29/08 05:59 AM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
It has to be a fake - I mean, how on Earth could a McCain rally get interrupted by an Obama video, and no one stops it? Impossible! But it sure was funny! laugh

Ann

#219043 10/29/08 06:34 AM
LabRat Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oh, it's not real! Just very clever editing. smile

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.

The Musketeers
#219044 10/29/08 08:42 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
It was very good editing.

Wish I had that kind of software...

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
#219045 10/31/08 09:06 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
OMG! That friggin hilarious!! I'm gonna have to pass that on. Thanks for the links Labby!

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
#219046 11/02/08 03:43 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Clever...

How did the producer of that video have so many clips of Obama?!!

It reminds me of one of the most worrisome aspects of Obama's mysterious mountain of cash and non-stop "glowing" media coverage...

The extremely lopsided coverage of the candidates by the mainstream media is DISTURBING!!!! There is not only the same old bias...THIS time the left-leaning media is CAMPAIGNING for Obama.

I don't care what side you're on, this should really SCARE you!!!

mad help

#219047 11/02/08 04:40 AM
LabRat Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
LOL! And, yet, the right-wing supporters of the Republicans claim it's exactly the opposite. And, of course, FOX news is terribly biased for Obama. Right?

Bias is like beauty. In the eye of the beholder and if you're looking for it, you'll find it. wink

So, no...I for one am not scared about the election coverage. It strikes me as being pretty much the same as every other election coverage in the US since the year dot. Some media is biased for McCain, some is biased for Obama. That's the system you've chosen to work with all along. Here in the UK if a news presenter showed a smidgen of the bias that your guys did - in either direction - they'd be off air ten seconds later. But this is the norm for US politics and always has been.

If anything I'm slightly amused. It seems that only when the media, fund-raising, the entire election process which you have had going for you for decades suddenly isn't working for the Republicans...why suddenly it's scary and biased and no-good and needs to be 'fixed'. And I love the way die-hard supporters - on either side - claim bias against their candidate, while studiously ignoring (even cheering on) the bias that works for them.

Hypocrisy at its finest.

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
#219048 11/02/08 06:52 AM
Blogger
Blogger
Maybe, and maybe not.

Sure, everybody likes to say the other guy is getting a free ride, but its gotten to the point here that networks are running stories on media bias (if effect, reporting on themselves) and I have yet to see one of them that shows a bias in favor of republicans. Somebody did a tally in the last month and found something in the neighborhood of twice the percentage amount of negative stories about Mcain than his opponent.

My favorite part is how everybody always brings up FOX. FOX is ONE media outlet, compared to how many that lean the other way? CNN, MSNBC, CBS, ABC, etc... Regardless of your personal leanings, you have to be blind not to see it, and dishonest not to admit it.

I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.
#219049 11/02/08 01:22 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I could give MANY examples of the extremely lopsided coverage... Here's just one... a glaring one.

Obama attended a church for YEARS pastored by a man whose sermons - were he white - would be considered racist hate speech. We have his anti-American, racist comments on record. And he is just one of MANY examples of Obama's shady, unwise and stupid associations... and yet it is dismissed by the media.

If John McCain's pastor was an active member of the KKK and said things like "god damn America" he would have been crucified DAILY by the media!!!

And yet the equivalent is exactly what Obama is getting away with.

Take a look at these associations...

#219050 11/02/08 03:18 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I could point out many things about some of the posts in this thread but all I can say is that I can't wait for the election to be over with and for a new president to be sworn in.

I've seen some of the most hateful comments from people in the last few weeks that have been insulting and rude. Questioning my intelligence because of my choice when I have never once questioned them for theirs. It is a democracy and it is the beauty of our nation and I see a lot of people who are just livid because not everyone thinks like them.

I'll be glad when all the negativity stops and we can start rebuilding the nation into something I want my kids to inherit.

(And so I can start enjoying this board again and not feel like I'm going to be attacked just because I'm voting Obama.)

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard