Next Thread
Print Thread
#218924 10/24/08 05:58 AM
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Hey everyone!!

Nothing political in this post I'm afraid wink
Justed wanted to check something... since a couple of weeks I've been adoring a new, colourful, modern fairytale called Pushing Daisies. First season ended 2 weeks ago in my country. But I found out that the 2nd season already started in the U.S.
Now I'm wondering are there any other folc's that are watching this delighful show?

[Linked Image]

This show is like my new Lois & Clark. The chemistry between Teri and Dean was great, but you should see it between Lee Pace and Anna Friel! Amazing! And the fact that they can't touch makes the chemistry even better wink

"I have no regrets. If you regret things, then you're sort of stepping backwards.
I'm a believer in going forwards." ~Kate Winslet
#218925 10/24/08 06:32 AM
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
oh yay,

just saw the first episode!!! Over here we're always about a year in delay concerning any show, may it be Superman, Smallville, House or whatever.

I've thoroughly enjoyed the Pilot and depending on how it will go on, I guess I'm going to be a fan of that show.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
#218926 10/24/08 07:26 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
I love, love, love this show. It's very quirky, and vibrant. I often compare the scenery to something you'd see in Dr Suess, it's so colorful. Not only that, but sometimes they let Olive and Aunt Vivian (Kristen Chenoweth and Ellen Greene respectively, both strongly associated with musicals) sing! Though I feel very cheated by a recent episode. grumble

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
#218927 10/24/08 07:28 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I absolutely adored the pilot - loved its fairytale quality and its quirkiness.

But I found that two or three episodes in, all the things I'd loved in the pilot began to irritate me. The voice-over, the aunts. Yet, I also couldn't imagine the show without these elements. They're such an essential part of its charm. So I kind of faded away.

It didn't help that our stupid TV company bought a show with a certain number of episodes and only allocated it enough timeslots so they were one timeslot short and one episode over. goofy

But I also started to ask questions - which is not a good thing with this kind of show, because it rather depends on suspending disbelief. Like, if they can touch while wearing beekeeper's suits - why doesn't he just wear gloves and then he could touch her? And pet the dog? So that kind of spoiled it for me.

I've always been a huge fan of Anna Friel though, ever since she was a newcomer in one of our soaps, Brookside. So I might give it another go, if it appears again in our schedules. Hopefully intact this time!

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#218928 10/24/08 10:38 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
If you go to http://abc.go.com/ and click on Full Episodes and select Pushing Daisies you can see the first four episodes of the second season.

Yes, it has quirky charm. Elisabeth can't understand how I can watch it.

I think it is wonderful.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
#218929 10/24/08 05:33 PM
Kerth
Kerth
I love Pushing Daisies!!! I love that the show's voice over and dialogue respect the audience's intelligence. Everything about the show is quirky and fun, which is why I'm sure it will be off the air soon...anything that can be considered quality television seems doomed in the ratings. frown

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
#218930 10/24/08 09:02 PM
Kerth
Kerth
One of my favourite shows - I've been watching downloads since the start of S1, recently got the DVD. It's still quirky and inventive in season 2.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
#218931 10/25/08 12:41 AM
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Oh yay I'm so thrilled other people love it too! wink

Everything about the show is quirky and fun, which is why I'm sure it will be off the air soon...anything that can be considered quality television seems doomed in the ratings. frown
I'd be so sad if this turned out to be true... but yeah also I read about rumors like that on the net (reason why I asked if anyone here watched it wink ). I just cannot believe that wil happen though.

If you go to http://abc.go.com/ and click on Full Episodes and select Pushing Daisies you can see the first four episodes of the second season.
However you do have to live in the U.S for that to work. grumble It's so not fair.

I've always been a huge fan of Anna Friel though,
I'm slowely becoming a fan of her too. When I first saw an interview with her I coudn't believe she was english. Her american accent is so perfect on PD!

"I have no regrets. If you regret things, then you're sort of stepping backwards.
I'm a believer in going forwards." ~Kate Winslet

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard