Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#218758 10/08/08 08:47 AM
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
Hey there!

Just wondering what other shows everyone here's interested in?

Me? I love Star Trek, Stargate and NCIS

#218759 10/08/08 09:22 AM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
NCIS!!!!

It's Lois' favorite show in On the Other Hand and the crew will likely be in another fic that's currently 2nd in the queue [behind OTOH and it's sequel] - not a true crossover but they work with NCIS some while they investigate.

not involved in any other fandoms. Would love to find some REALLY GOOD NCIS fic. The few I've found I've been very disappointed in.

Carol [who totally forgot that she hasn't watched last night's ep yet]

#218760 10/08/08 09:44 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
I'm not involved with another fandom per se, but my other main show is "Desperate Housewives" (there are discussions about it in the Teri folder on Zoom's board).

I also watch "Grey's Anatomy," "Brothers & Sisters," and, when time permits, "Jon & Kate Plus 8," which makes me appreciate my nice quiet house a little more.

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"
#218761 10/08/08 10:45 AM
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
I'm involved in Trek and Stargate fandom...love NCIS, but not in it's fandom at all!

#218762 10/08/08 10:51 AM
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
If you're counting shows where I'm actually reading fanfic and such, I'd say only for the movie, Enchanted, right now. I have read some Babylon 5 fanfic in the dim past, read one or two Harry Potter fics, but not much else.

I do have a lot of favorite shows, but I rarely get to the point where I start looking for fanfic.

I do have to say that L&C has the best fandom and has the best organization for fanfic.

The people who have put together these boards and the fanfic archive should get a standing ovation for all their hard work... that is if they could actually see us stand. wink

Awesome work to those who have made this place possible. Thank you!!!!!!

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
#218763 10/08/08 10:57 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Mostly Buffyverse crossovers when I actually have the time / energy to write fanfic, which at the moment isn't really happening - also quite a lot of CSI since I wrote a long BtVS / CSI crossover series, but I doubt I'll write more.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
#218764 10/08/08 11:00 AM
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
I've written for Star Trek Voyager, Red Dwarf, Stargate SG1, Stargate Atlantis, Star Trek Deep Space Nine.

I've read a lot of L&C fic, and have a few ideas, but because I'm new to this fandom (not new to the show), it'll be a while before I write any.

I do fanart for anything on TV!

#218765 10/08/08 11:18 AM
Columnist
Columnist
Charmed, Torchwood, and Nip/Tuck are other shows I love, but I don't really take part in any of the fandoms. Though I do have a few Charmed fic ideas. laugh

It's not a show, but The Mummy was my first fandom and I still occasionally go back and read a fic or two.

"Lois Lane is Clark Kent's Superman." - Brian Miller
#218766 10/08/08 12:08 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This is my only fandom, but the other shows I keep up with are Desperate Housewives--like Jenn said, I keep an eye on those threads at Zoom's--Grey's Anatomy, and Brothers & Sisters.

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#218767 10/08/08 12:10 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
I read Stargate fics and the occasionally linked Doctor Who fic, but no other fandoms. Well, except for the official Heroes comics. Does that count? (I really need to get caught up on those) Now, if you want to get me started on shows I love, there's Chuck, House, Pushing Daisies, Fringe....

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
#218768 10/09/08 10:02 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm mostly on this board and gossamer reading X-files fic (which is why I've been so MIA the past few months). blush

I usually get very obssessed with one thing at a time; right now it's X-files. But I just can't get over my LnC interest because of the awesome friends I've met on these boards and because the site is the best MB I've seen.

I agree with Roger: standing ovation for all the people who keep this site running.

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
#218769 10/09/08 05:36 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I like Star Trek, Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis, Dr Who (I just recently caught up with that one!) and I used to read Babylon 5. Recently, I've been mostly reading SG Atlantis.

Tara

Rose: You're NOT keeping the horse!
Doctor Who: I let you keep Mickey, now lets go!
Doctor Who, The Girl in the Fireplace
#218770 10/09/08 06:03 PM
Z
Columnist
Columnist
Z
This is the only message board fandom I'm apart of. I sometimes do read Superman Returns and (I admit it) He-Man fan fic on fanfic.net.

I'm not much of a tv watcher other than the Dodgers during baseball season, but like someone else said I do enjoy watching Jon and Kate plus 8 and at times even Trading Spaces on TLC. Also, and maybe it's because I aspire to become a pediatrican or lol I love kids and yes do dream of meeting my Mr. Right and having a family,every now and then I tune into a Baby Story or Birth Day.

Mona

#218771 10/09/08 10:26 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Torchwood and Doctor Who, and crossovers of the two. There's a great fanbase for them on LiveJournal. smile

Julie smile

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
#218772 10/09/08 11:38 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
In general terms:
Battlestar Galactica (the new one, although also like the old one), Forever Knight, Star Trek, anything that has Vampires in it... and it is pretty obvious I wouldn't be here if I didn't enjoy L&C.
I used to be involved in a Buffy/Angel AU fandom.... but it got stale.... and died (kinda funny really).

I don't do the fanfic thing much with the other shows though. I want BSG to finish before I venture into fanfic there or I'll get disappointed, I have and am still reading a few Forever Knight fics, and I don't bother with ST these days as there is more badfic on the internet than anything in my experience of it. I prefer to read those authors who've actually been published in the Trek universe...
Having said that, I prefer to read original fic these days outside of L&C... I like seeing how creative people can be. smile

"He's my best friend, best of all best friends
Do you have a best friend too
It tickles in my tummy
He's so Yummy Yummy
Hey you should get a best friend too" - Toy Box
#218773 10/11/08 05:49 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
There was another thread sort of like this before, but it was pretty specific just on fanfic: here.

But to answer your question, I have a whole slew of TV shows I'm into, but I'm not in any of the fandoms. I used to be really involved in the Buffy and Roswell fandoms. I'm such a sci-fi/fantasy girl.

But aside from this one, there only one fandom I'm really heavily involved in and that's Twilight.

Edit: Lisa, your avatar is awesome!

Thanks to Cat for my rockin' avatar!
++++
(About Lois & Clark)
Perry: Son, you just hit the bulls eye. It's like we're supporting characters in some TV show and it's only about them.
Jimmy: Yeah! It's like all we do is advance their plots.
Perry: To tell you the truth, I'm sick of it.
Jimmy: Man, me too!

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard