#218648 09/30/08 01:42 PM
Z
Zoar3 Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Z
Hi folcs,

I finally got a new computer and all is working fine. smile Only problem I am having is that my travel drive does not seem to work properly. It's a Memorex Mini 512MB. After plugging it into the usb drive, the window comes up asking if I want to run/install, even after supposedly installing the launcher, the window with all my documents does not open! On my old computer, which was XP, this one is Vista, after putting the drive in, the window would open asking for my password and that was that, I could then view all my saved stuff including l and c fic!

I would sure appreciate any suggestions any of you might have.

Thanks,and for everyone who gave me new computer suggestions as well.
Mona

#218649 10/01/08 01:02 AM
C
Kerth
Kerth
C
Windows Vista is vastly different to XP. So programs that work on XP don't work on Vista. I have an external hard-drive which doesn't have problems because all I have on them is video and photos.

That'd be my guess because that is one of the reasons why Vista has been having problems. People bought new machines so they could get an up grade only to find that they couldn't retrieve files or install programs that worked well on XP or Windows 2000.

If you have the Lois and Clark fic saved as a word document well from what I've heard about Office 2007 I'm not surprised you are having problems. My friends are forever complaining about it. I have the trial version of it on the computer and haven't really bothered with using it because I still have Office on my laptop.

Hope this helps!

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
#218650 10/01/08 06:38 AM
Z
Zoar3 Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Z
Thanks, Crazy Babe. smile I figured it was a case of the travel drive not being compatible with Vista. All my documents on the drive except, a Tetris game, are in Word 2000. I don't have the newer one and the old one actually loaded and works just fine on this computer.

Do you think my best bet would be to try and find an XP computer and transfer the files to a CD? I realize they would then only be "readable" but perhaps I could then find a travel drive that is Vista compatible and lol transfer them onto that. The craziness of Vista!

Thanks though and I'm sorry your friends are also having Vista issues.

Mona

#218651 10/01/08 06:48 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Mona!

In case you have a TravelDrive Mini U3, then this site might help.
http://www.memorex.com/u3/upgrade_vista/

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#218652 10/01/08 11:28 AM
Z
Zoar3 Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Z
hyper Thanks, again, Michael, you saved "the day" travel drive wise for me. Showed that Vista a thing or two and heck Memorex as well!

Onto looking at "Ride" and another old story now that my excuse to update them is gone. Lol. smile

Mona

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard