Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#218446 09/14/08 07:04 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Hi All! wave Well, we survived Ike. Still no power at our house though. I'm at my inlaws right now. I thought I'd post some pics I took. Photobucket is acting up right now with my MIL's PC so the pics may be too big/small. Sorry!

[Linked Image]
Ominous Clouds Fri- 7 (ish) PM

[Linked Image]
Hope- Sunset Fri - 7 PM

[Linked Image]
Calm Before the Storm - 7 (ish) PM

[Linked Image]
Saturday around 5:00 PM

[Linked Image]
Lexington Street - Saturday

[Linked Image]
Tree on someone's house on Lexington Street

[Linked Image]
My Inlaw's neighbor's house

I don't think I could really capture all the damage with my pics but its the worst I've seen in my life here. Of course the last hurricane to hit Houston was in 1983 when I was only 7 months old. We lucked out cause my family and I live far enough inland that the storm surge didn't affect us.

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
#218447 09/14/08 07:39 AM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Awesome, scary pics, Steph. I'm so glad you are okay!

Ann

#218448 09/14/08 07:53 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great weather pics, and I'm glad you guys are ok!

I hope anyone else in the storm's path faired out ok...do let us know when you can!

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#218449 09/14/08 08:20 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thanks for the pics. Those sky pics are beautiful. Glad you came through it okay.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#218450 09/14/08 12:10 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Wicked pictures - thank you for sharing. I'm glad you are well!

Poor downed tree. It's beautiful.

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
#218451 09/14/08 02:22 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
What part of Houston are you in?

I have a bunch of family in the Woodlands. All OK.

On Galveston Island - A good friend of mine has 4' of water and stinky mud in his house. (Based on reports from a fireman he knows). He was one of the smart ones who high-tailed it off the island. No one there has electricity or water. He can't even get home. He will most likely need to find a place to stay for several months, as his house will need to be gutted.

My brother lives in Clear Lake City, near Galveston Bay, and we hear that his neighborhood has no water damage, but there is MASSIVE tree damage. They were under mandatory evacuation orders and don't know if they can go back... if they have electricity or water...

I'm out in the country a little west of Austin. We've had an extremely dry summer and kinda hoped to see some rain out of this storm. But it scooted off to the north and we didn't see a drop. But after all the trouble my friends and family are having... I can't complain.

#218452 09/14/08 03:55 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I'm a Houston native, and although I've been gone from there for several years, I still have friends and family there. It is saddening to see this sort of thing happen to my homeland. My heart especailly goes out to all the people who were affected by Ike. I'm glad to hear you made it through the storm okay, Steph!

#218453 09/14/08 05:33 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
OH WOW!! I mean I was worried about everyone weathering the storm, the damage looks awful, but those sky pictures...woah. Thanks for sharing and thanks for letting us know you're okay. Continued prayers go out to you and yours and your fellow Texans who endured that storm.

TEEEEEEEJ

Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something RIGHT!
#218454 09/15/08 04:43 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
What part of Houston are you in?
We're in SW Houston. The Sugar Land/Richmond area. We're still without power at our house but fortunately my inlaws and my work have power so that's where I've been hanging out.

That really is horrible about your friends in ClearLake and Galveston. We have friends who live in Galveston in a house built in the 1800s. Their not really sure if their house is still standing. My brother in law's family all live in ClearLake and they too had a lot of tree damage.

I'm just praising God that everyone was okay. It could have been so much worse.

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
#218455 09/15/08 07:28 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Some pictures of the view from the International Spave Station

I've seen better IST pictures of the hurricane but I can't currently find them.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard