Print Thread
#218373 09/02/08 01:25 AM
LabRat Offline OP
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I've been having a West Wing wallow. In the S4 finale, the piece of music played over the final montage, when the Bartlett's are in church, etc, is very familiar, but I just can't place it.

Anyone out there know what it is and can put me out of my misery? It's driving me nuts. laugh

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#218374 09/02/08 09:10 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
According to TV.com , the music in that ep is "Angel" by Massive Attack. ( Lyrics Video ) Is that the one you meant?

According to Wiki , it's been in a couple of movies. Maybe that's where you've heard it?

One is the track Angel, which is included in the movies Pi[9], Snatch, Antitrust and Flight of the Phoenix. In the film Go, Angel is played at high volume by the drug dealer Todd as he searches Ronna for a hidden microphone, but the song is not included in the soundtrack.
In any case, speaking of massive attacks... A grocer's apostrophe? From the EIC? thud

(Sorry. I shouldn't nitpick in public, but it just jumped out at me...)

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
#218375 09/02/08 11:50 AM
LabRat Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Er...no. That's nothing like it. laugh It's a classical/choral piece.

I don't recall hearing this one in the episode, but it's possible that it is featured, but at another point, I guess. But, no, it's definitely not the piece I'm looking for.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.

The Musketeers
#218376 09/02/08 02:56 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ah, sorry. Not finding anything about any other music in that ep, and I've looked around.

But... I just checked over at http://www.westwingtranscripts.com and, according to them, the S4 finale ended with a swearing in, I believe in the Oval Office. It doesn't say anything about a church or a montage. Did the transcriber just leave that out, or are we talking about the wrong ep?

Hmm. The ep is viewable online . It does, indeed, end in the oval office. I don't recognize the music playing there, though I suspect that it's an original piece for the show. I could be wrong. But if that's the correct ep, then maybe someone else can view it and identify the music?

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
#218377 09/02/08 05:37 PM
C_A Offline
Columnist
Columnist
Sanvean by Lisa Gerrard.

This was played at the end of the S5 opener , which I think is why Paul wasn't able to find it.

Fanfic | MVs

Clark: "Lois? She's bossy. She's stuck up, she's rude... I can't stand her."
Lana: "The best ones always start that way."

"And you already know. Yeah, you already know how this will end." - DeVotchKa
#218378 09/02/08 10:23 PM
LabRat Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks, C_A! I was beginning to suspect that I had it tagged to the wrong episode - didn't think it was S5 though as I was thinking that that plotline had been resolved in the S5 opener, rather than continuing on. I'd begun to think it was the penultimate S4 episode, rather than the finale.

Still not ringing any bells, mind you. laugh But, at least, I now have the name to be going on with.

And thanks for trying, Paul - in spite of my confusing the issue. goofy

Hmmmmmm. A quick look at Wiki says it's been used on several 'Academy nominated movies' - but doesn't list them, helpfully. So it's possible that's where I've heard it before. Other than that, the only usage that jumps out at me is Andrew Marr's History of Britain. That was a series Stuart and I religiously watched each week, so it's possible that's been where it's stuck in my head.

ETA: Just realised that Lisa Gerrard was also responsible (with a co-author) for Now We Are Free, from the finale of Gladiator. Another beautiful piece that I adore. Which may explain why I kept thinking that I'd heard this in Gladiator, then dismissing that idea with I was mixing it up with NWAF. laugh

LabRat smile

The Musketeers

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard