Next Thread
Print Thread
Xanabee Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Poor, poor Clark! mecry

Being subjected to Kryptonite since his youth and not knowing it. eek

And that Lana! mad The things some people do in order to 'protect' their so-called loved ones. Gives me the shivers.

Send in the troops already! Lois, help!!!

Lois: Well, I like my quirks. I think they make me unique.
Clark: You certainly are unique.

Clark: You're high maintenance, you know that?
Lois: But I'm worth it!
Top Banana
Top Banana
Where is that damn Kryptonite hidden??

I still don't have a read on Lana - is she the scared wife who's been intimidated into helping Jason Trask et al, or if she really evil?

And, I have to say, it's very bizarre, Yvonne, that you and CC always have these wonderful stories going at the same time -

last time it was "TLGLL" and "Damaged", now it's "In a Better Place" and "Clark Kent, this is your life!" Do you two get together and plan this?? It causes all of us readers to get absolutely crazed checking the message boards!

I guess your muses must commune on a higher level!

Can't wait for the next part. Clark needs to teach himself to fly and FAST!

--------------------

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. drool

“I’m so sorry, sweetheart,” she murmured, stroking his hair. “But it’s for your own good.”

My God, she was actually admitting it? He was about to respond to that when fresh pain lanced through him, forcing a moan to bubble its way out of his mouth.

“My poor darling,” she whispered, kissing the side of his face. “I’m sorry it has to be this way.”

He turned his head away from her. “I...I don’t understand.”

“If I don’t keep you under control, they’ll take you away from me,” she explained kindly. “They’ll hurt you.”

“You’re...hurting me.”

“Shhh...” she hushed. “Just a few more minutes.”
eek That woman is crazy!

Then sensation began to creep back slowly. Bits of him started to hurt. He discovered he was shivering. And he was nauseous. “Willpower,” he muttered grimly and pulled himself painfully to his feet. One knee protested when he put his weight on it, his hands were scraped and bloodied and his side hurt, but he was otherwise intact.

Now all he had to do was walk a couple of blocks to the main street, hail a cab and within less than half an hour he’d be tucked up in a nice clean bed. Easy.
confused There have to be someone near him following with Kryptonite?

Not that he intended to go to Lois’s apartment. Oh, no, not this time. Not in this state, having just been assaulted by his own wife and barely able to limp along the street. Lois would think he wasn’t able to take care of himself. That he was a wimp who always ran to her whenever he was in trouble. No, enough was enough: he had no intention of admitting to Lois that Lana had attacked him.

So he was going to check into a motel for the night. He’d figure out what to do next after a good night’s sleep.
eek He should disappear for a couple of days until he regain is strength but tell alt. Lois what happen.

More ASAP, please.

MAF
drool

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Merriwether
Merriwether
*fumes* Helping him, are you Lana? Much more of that kind of help, and you'll need help picking out his coffin!

The lies that some people can tell themselves and believe . . . ! Sorry, Tank, but after this part I'm even more convinced that Lana is sick and twisted than I was initially. Not that she hasn't convinced herself she's doing the right thing, certainly.

Ugh, I feel the need to be chemically hosed. *shudder*

Yay for Clark for leaving! All the reasons not to leave Lana made an unfortunate amount of sense -- until she started trying to not-quite KILL him!

*carefully does not thwap Yvonne*

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
It is good that the decision to leave Lana was made by the Clark native to the Starwatcher universe. It would be good if he thought to write a note so that the next time they get switched the Superman Clark will know what's going on.

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Hey, I never said Lana wasn't confused and more than a bit nuts. I just said she wasn't motivated by evil or nastiness. I think she thinks she loves him and this is the only way to protect him from the big bad government.

Tank (who points out that the courts have a 'not guilty by reason of insanity' plea for a reason wink )

Merriwether
Merriwether
IMO, evil that has convinced itself that it is not evil -- because the evil is necessary, or for some other reason not REALLY evil -- is the most evil of all.

And I used evil far too many times in that sentence. goofy

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Poor Clark, I'm shivering, too. Please post soon, Y. Fabulous writing, as usual.

LaurieD

Top Banana
Top Banana
Tank, go to the top of the class. laugh

Otherwise, thank you, one and all, and apologies for the lack of witty and original replies to your feedback. I'm a bit tired - been a long day - and I just want to get the next part posted. smile

Yvonne

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard