Print Thread
#217871 08/08/08 03:22 PM
Z
Zoar3 Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Z
I was wondering if any folcs live in or even near Atlanta? As you probably know long time Braves boradcaster Skip Caray passed away last week and on Sunday and then on Tuesday the Braves will be honoring him. If any of these events are going to be aired I'd very much love to see them and would pay the cost of a tape and your time.

Yes, in case you are wondering, I am true Dodger Blue, but during my college years, out of LA, I grew to admire Tom Glavine due to his work on behalf of children and later became a Braves fan aminly thanks to Skip. Watching the Braves on TBS when I couldn't watch the Dodgers, came to mean a lot to me especially during some dark times. While there is none and never will be any comparison to Vin Scully, Skip Caray touched my heart as well. So I'd like to watch the tributes to him.

Thank you,
Mona

S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Hey Mona, Big Braves fan here. OK, the first tribute so far has been a couple minutes during PGA golf on TNT on Thursday by Ernie Johnson Jr. Just a few minutes and someone on the Braves message board posted the broadcast.

http://www.forums.mlb.com/n/pfx/for...ages&webtag=ml-braves&tid=116210

The next one is Sunday on the TBS game of the week. I bet someone will post that too.

Monday afternoon is the church memorial - I'm sure nothing there will be broadcasted.

Tuesday morning at the Ted is a Celebration of Life. I'm sure nothing there will be broadcasted either.

Tuesday night, the game with the Cubs, is the first home game since his death. Chip is to be back on the air then. There is to be pregame stuff and I guess stuff during the game. We are not home on Tuesday nights so I was going to tape the game. I'm sure some of the stuff will also be put on the message board. If you want I could send you the tape after I've watched it.

Sue

Z
Zoar3 Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Z
Just in case you didn't see, I sent you an email Sue, thanks again.

Mona

S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
I didn't see it and I must have deleted it. Sorry, Could you please send it again.

Z
Zoar3 Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Z
I will right now, Sue.

Mona

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard