Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
HatMan Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
This looks like a job for Superman! (Can you imagine what it'd be like for him? Makes me think of the beginning of "I'm Looking Through You"...)

From the AP :

26 teen cheerleaders rescued from crammed elevator

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) -- How many cheerleaders can cram into an elevator? Apparently not 26. A group of teenage girls attending a cheerleading camp on the University of Texas got stuck and had to be rescued after trying to squeeze into an elevator at a residence hall Tuesday night.

One girl fainted and was treated at a hospital and released. Two others were treated at the scene.

The elevator doors refused to open after the pack of 14- to 17-year-olds descended from the fourth to the first floor, police said. Responding to a few panicked cell phone calls from the group, police and firefighters summoned an elevator repairman, who spent about 25 minutes extricating them.

Campus officials weren't amused.

"It's dangerous, actually," said a school police spokeswoman, Rhonda Weldon. "They're lucky that that's all that happened."

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Kerth
Kerth
This is exactly why I was a baton twirler! Walk around with a long stick, a can of gas, and a lighter, and people tend to get out of your way. laugh

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Dad had some kids do the same thing somewhere - thinking... baseball team? Eighth graders? I forget what group he was with, but it got stuck between floors iirc. I keep thinking he got in trouble for letting them even though they weren't the kids he was responsible for. Or maybe he got in trouble for his kids not being in their rooms on time. I forget [yeah, big help huh wink ]. Anyway, I thought of that even though I've completely forgotten all details wink .

As a former coach/athletic director, however, this story would further his opinion that no cheerleader is very bright. Period. [Even though I was one and I consider myself to be of slightly above average intelligence. Brilliant? No. Smart enough not to stick 27 people in the elevator even at 17? Heck, yeah.]

Carol

Kerth
Kerth
Save the cheerleaders, save the world...

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Kerth
Kerth
Bwwwaaaaahahahahahahaha! rotflol

Good one, Marcus!

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
@ Sue -- you know that was a reference to Heroes that he was making, right?

imho, that just makes it so much geekier and amusing a comment. *lol*

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Kerth
Kerth
Sue -- you know that was a reference to Heroes that he was making, right?
Yep. That's exactly why I laughed so hard. laugh

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
[Linked Image]

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Gaaaahhh!!!! I saw that little news snippet earlier today, and I panicked just reading it! If those girls crammed themselves so tightly in an elevator that it's a miracle that some of them could even reach their cell phones, then let me say that those girls don't suffer from claustrophobia!!!! shock shock shock shock shock shock shock

Ann

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard