Next Thread
Print Thread
#217751 07/30/08 03:33 AM
malu Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
OK, I need to vent a little bit here.

I've had a Dell laptop (Inspiron 6000) for the past three years, and it has been working great. Never had a problem with it. When I first ordered it, it took less than a week to ship out, and less than 10 days total (from ordering to receiving) to have it in my hands.

So my father decided to buy me a new laptop smile1 , and looking around, we found out that it would be cheaper and better to get a Dell (again) with a better configuration to last more.

Well, here's where I'm getting annoyed. We ordered an XPS 1530 on July 16 in the morning, and its "Estimated Shipping Date" is August 1 ("Estimated Delivery Date" is August 6-8). This is mainly due to me wanting a LED LCD screen that (possibly) increased the building time by two days. Now, I've learned that the actual "build" time of a laptop by Dell takes no more than 3 business days, and my laptop has been in that stage for over a week. They still have to test it and package it (this I heard takes 2-3 business days), and only then it will be shipped to me. Well, the "Estimated Ship Date" is in two days. I'm very sure Dell won't make it. grumble

According to Dell, all parts for the laptop are gathered BEFORE the build stage, in what they call "pre-production", so I was assuming that Dell had all parts to my laptop at least since Monday of last week (July 21).

WHAT'S TAKING THEM SO LONG TO BUILD MY MACHINE??????

Done venting (for now, at least). Sorry about that. smile

malu

#217752 07/30/08 12:09 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
As someone who used live five minutes from the Dell factory in Round Rock, Texas, all I can say is that I'm surprised you had that much luck with the first Dell you bought. My mother worked at Dell for a time, and you wouldn't believe the stories I heard about that place.

You have my sympathies. sloppy

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard