Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#217570 07/15/08 09:56 AM
kmar Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
I had bought the DVD when it came out but never got past watching the first 5 minutes. I just wasn't sure if I was going to like it. When the movie was being made they had Denzel and Dean on the different entertainment magazine shows. Dean was of course wowed over being in the movie. I was immediately put off by Denzel because he seemed to go out of his way to put Dean down. He didn't know who Dean was and instead of indicating this in a nice way was blunt and rude about it.

So why didn't I ever get past the first few minutes. Not from his comments but because I realized that this was not a "movie" but a Denzel love fest. By that I mean we see his name the title of the movie and then go through a rather long scene before we see any of the other actors names, photographers, writers etc. That is controlled by Denzel's contract. So obviously he has gotten a swelled head. razz Considering this movie he better get over that swelled head. Why because it is the writer, director and LEAD actor that make or break a picture. And this picture broke.

I have to say that I thought Dean did a good job in a bad movie. He hardly got any screen time but with what little he had he did a good job. Denzel who had all the screen time didn't do a very good job. He seemed to be playing himself or just another take on characters he's previously played - this seemed very much like another movie of his I've seen where he plays another cop in the Carribean I think. In the past I was a big fan of his but man not now. devilsplat

#217571 07/15/08 12:37 PM
C
Kerth
Kerth
C
I wasn't too fond of the movie either. I found the plot tiresome though Dean did a good job in the movie, I just didn't really enjoy it.

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard