Next Thread
Print Thread
daneel Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
He's going to quit being Superman? eek

Jose hyper

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hi Erin!
I still have to read this new part (I'll try to NOT read it tonight and save it for tomorrow -you know, a good story first thing in the monday morning-), so I don't know if you have explored this aspect, but: what about Clark' feelings? He's almost died, alone. in pain, without the chance to say goodbye to his parents and the love of his life! I'm very curious if you speak about it in this part!
Jose's comment is very interesting! eek I'm looking for tomorrow to know what's happened!

simona smile

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh God, what does lunkhead Clark plan on doing? Nothing bodes well when he gets depressed and starts thinking... smile1

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Just what exactly is going through Clark's mind??? I hope he's not considering walking out of Lois's life to protect her... Well, you hve two more parts to fix it (no, no ending other than a happy one is acceptable :p )

Btw, great introspection on both sides smile

Cris

Cris
Columnist
Columnist
Finally he sighed in resignation. As much as he hated the idea, he knew it was the only way. He only hoped Lois would understand.
What is he going to do???? eek

Next part ASAP

I love your story, I am reading other parts that I have not read yet.

Karla

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
It looks like lunkhead is going to pull the 'I have to leave her to protect her' stupidity.

I've always hated that because it doesn't hold up under any logical scrutiny. Especially not in this case. Lois was hurt because of an investigation she was working on. An investigation that was part of her working life and had nothing to do with Superman, and any imagined relationship with him. It makes no logical sense nor would it make any sense to a guilt ridden lunkhead.

I can clearly feel Clark's guilt over not being there for her. You portrayed that very well, but it should really just reinforce his need to be with her. If he had any crazy ideas in his head it would be to quit his job at the Planet and move to San Francisco to be with her 24/7.

I have a great deal of respect for Erin's talents as a writer and I look forward to seeing where she takes this, but I do hope that we aren't going to see angst for angst sake when it doesn't follow from the natural flow of the story.

Tank (who realizes that his opinion is just that and knows that Erin knows what she's doing... after all, this is her story not mine)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part.

Sinking into an even deeper depression, Clark tried to come up with a solution to the predicament he was in. How could he keep being Superman and still keep Lois safe? She was his main priority, first and foremost. He'd rather be alone than see her hurt. Seeing her suffering as she was...it was just too hard.

One solution crept into his mind. But just as quickly as it had come, he pushed it away. 'There has to be another way,' he insisted. But as hard as he tried to come up with something else, he just couldn't. There didn't seem to be any other options.

Finally he sighed in resignation. As much as he hated the idea, he knew it was the only way. He only hoped Lois would understand.
He is going to dump her.

They need to get Luthor.

More ASAP, please.

MAF

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part.

Sinking into an even deeper depression, Clark tried to come up with a solution to the predicament he was in. How could he keep being Superman and still keep Lois safe? She was his main priority, first and foremost. He'd rather be alone than see her hurt. Seeing her suffering as she was...it was just too hard.

One solution crept into his mind. But just as quickly as it had come, he pushed it away. 'There has to be another way,' he insisted. But as hard as he tried to come up with something else, he just couldn't. There didn't seem to be any other options.

He is going to dump her.

They need to get Luthor.

More ASAP, please.

MAF

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Erin,
I'm sorry I haven't commented in a while but I'm still looking forward to each new segment.

This segment was great (as usual) and like others I look forward to seeing what Clark decided he has to do and how you resolve all those intriguing plot lines.

I can't believe there are only two more parts to go. whinging Any chance you're working on a sequel? wink

Avia

"I get it, you're a ghost. You're dead. Big accomplishment, move on. You see a light anywhere? Go towards it okay?"

Cordelia in 'Rm w/a Vu' - Angel episode 1x05
Columnist
Columnist
Hi Erin,

I can see 'lunkhead' Clark looming and just when he's got through telling Lois that she ought not to let 'guilt' wreck their love and her life.

I just hope that Lois can talk him out of whatever he's planning.

Yours Jenni

Top Banana
Top Banana
uhoh, Clark's breaking up with her?

Maybe this roadblock will be crossed by one of them moving in with the other, permanently?

Excellent part goofy wave

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Erin, this section is excellent as always! smile1 smile1

Top Banana
Top Banana
CLARK!!!!!!
Lois will NOT understand!Whatever Clark's thinking (and I fear it's something like "I have to leave Lois for her own safety") it's certainly one of the most irrational thoughts he have never had, because we know that, when he's driven by his Metropolis-size giult complex, Clark has foolish ideas! So Clark, you cannot say "lois I love you but you'll be better without me"! Doesn't he understand that Lois is going to get herself into trouble with or without his protection, just like before she knew him? And now, when she has finally understand she owes herself the chance to be happy, you have this *brillant* solution? Or perhaps this is the final step, where she says, once for all: "NO, this time I won't lose my loved one, and we'll not hurt ourselves staying away from each other!" Sigh, just when Lois is beginning to understand it, Clark has to be stupid! Erin, this moment is only *the darkest hour before the dawn*, isn't it?

And, if it's not clear, I loved this post!

simona smile
I have just seen there is a new post: now I'm very very curious!!!

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Great story, Erin.

I'm with Simona's first post: has Clark forgotten that Lois saved HIM recently? Remind him for us, please wink that they need each other. Don't overdo that classic Clark guilt complex, when it's pretty clear that there's more K around and Clark needs Lois!

All right, ready for the next post. LaurieD

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard