Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#217378 07/02/08 08:21 PM
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
It's a pretty sad day for this fandom when someone is committing egregious acts on a FoLC's behalf.

Someone has stolen my user name from here and is posting nasty comments all over blogs about Teri and Dean, comments that say that she is a whore, he is gay, she is washed up, he is a loser, etc., etc., etc., and linking to my personal blog, which people from all over the world are now looking at through these horrible links.

They have stolen the name I have been posting in this fandom with for FIVE years. The name I have written my fics with, and won my Kerths with.

This stops NOW.

I am making a post on my blog now and contacting the admins of those sites to get an IP trace.

If anyone sees a "post" by me on any of these entertainment sites, slamming Teri and/or Dean, please know it is not me. I have nothing but the utmost respect for both of them.

I am sure this is the same FoLC/ex-FoLC who has left me comments on my blog saying a range of things from that my husband will leave me, that I deserved to lose my baby, that I am a fat bitch ... I have had enough.

The game is over.

I cannot believe that someone in this fandom would do this.

It makes me sick.

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"
#217379 07/02/08 08:29 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I cannot believe someone would be so incredibly malicious. It makes my stomach churn to think that anyone could get such a sick pleasure from acting so childish and causing someone else such stress and heartache.

I am so sorry this happened to you, Jenn. We all know that you would never ever say such things about ANYONE, let alone two actors who you admire and respect so much.

I promise I'm going to do everything in my power to help you get this cleared up and taken care of.

Thanks to Cat for my rockin' avatar!
++++
(About Lois & Clark)
Perry: Son, you just hit the bulls eye. It's like we're supporting characters in some TV show and it's only about them.
Jimmy: Yeah! It's like all we do is advance their plots.
Perry: To tell you the truth, I'm sick of it.
Jimmy: Man, me too!
#217380 07/02/08 08:30 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I think it's sad that someone would do this, but I'm betting you were chosen at random. mad

I have heard that "fanboys" have posted nasty things like this before, but I don't believe I've ever heard of them using someone else's name.

I hope you have also posted this on Zoom's board.

One more thing - do you have a firewall on your computer so that no one can get your password?

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
#217381 07/02/08 08:32 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I promise I'm going to do everything in my power to help you get this cleared up and taken care of.
Me, too. If I see your name on any other site, I'll let you know asap.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
#217382 07/02/08 09:44 PM
Kerth
Kerth
Wow...that is shocking, malicious, hurtful, outrageous! I wish you all the best in clearing your good name.

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
#217383 07/02/08 10:40 PM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
That's horrible, Jenn.

Ann

#217384 07/02/08 10:55 PM
Eva Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Oh god, Jenn, I'm so very sorry for you.

That is just horrible behaviour. I know it's only a small consolation, but I'm sure that no-one who knows you would ever think that it was you posting those nasty things in the first place.

Still, I do hope the IP trace will be successful, and that you will soon be fully and solely in charge of your online life and persona again.

Big hugs.

kill a cliché, save a reader
#217385 07/02/08 11:02 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
OMG, Jenn! I'm so shocked and sorry to hear that things aren't over. Whoever is doing this, please STOP!
I just can't believe that someone is doing this to you. This is soooo horrible - it has to stop!

*hugs*

#217386 07/03/08 12:13 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
*huge hugs Jenn*

I am disgusted and shocked someone would do something this low to one of the nicest people (and best fic writers) in this fandom. mad

It is really very cowardly and I hope whoever is doing this stops.
I hope this person is tracked down by whatever authorities because it should not happen to anyone. mecry

I am so sorry someone has decided to target and impersonate you Jenn. My thoughts be with you.

"He's my best friend, best of all best friends
Do you have a best friend too
It tickles in my tummy
He's so Yummy Yummy
Hey you should get a best friend too" - Toy Box
#217387 07/03/08 01:30 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Jenn, this is really distressing. Why on earth would someone do something like that - it sounds really deranged. How awful to be going through this.

carol

#217388 07/03/08 01:58 AM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
{{{JENN}}}

So sorry. That's horrid. I wish there was something I could do but I'm so not that tech savvy frown .

Just more hugs.

{{{{JENN}}}}

Carol

#217389 07/03/08 02:18 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Jenn! <<<hugs>>>

I'm horrified on your behalf. I hope Nancy's right and that you were hacked at random. To have someone do that deliberately is just too sick for words.

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
#217390 07/03/08 02:21 AM
Columnist
Columnist
Jenn, I saw a post just the other day from "Editor Jax". I will keep an eye out and send any findings to you as well.

I am so sorry that something is doing this to you.

#217391 07/03/08 03:44 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm sorry to hear that you've been a victim of one of the more negative elements of the net, Jenn. Anonymity has a lot to answer for at times.

I have trouble imagining that anyone from this forum would behave in this way - it doesn't seem their style - but you can never be 100% sure about anyone you don't know of course.

It could be random - remember that although you have to join the forum to post, it's open to anyone to look at the messages. Trolls, too, unfortunately. Although, I have to say that it strikes me as seeming more personal; someone with a grudge.

But just in case the culprit is reading this, let me make it quite clear that if it is ever proved that it was a member of this forum then they will be permanently banned from the mbs. We've taken a lot of time and gone to a bit of trouble to make this forum as friendly, welcoming and secure a place for FoLCs to hang out in as we possibly can and we won't take kindly to someone abusing it in this way.

I can't believe that anyone who knows you would believe you were posting these messages, but that doesn't make it any the less distressing, of course. I hope that now that you've alerted people to the problem, it will end.

Hang on in there, meantime. You know we love you! sloppy

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#217392 07/03/08 05:38 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
What an infantile thing to do.

Ugh.

alcyone

One loses so many laughs by not laughing at oneself - Sara Jeannette Duncan
http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/myl/llog/duty_calls.png
#217393 07/03/08 06:35 AM
Z
Columnist
Columnist
Z
Hug from me, too, Jenn. That is beyond sick and twisted too! As Carol, I believe said, I'm not too tech/computer savy myself but if there's something I can do to help, let me know.

For the year, wow seems much longer, or so, that I've been apart of this message board site, I have been so happily impressed and thankful, (grateful), too at how close and real people seem- a real nice group of fans coming together. smile

Mona

#217394 07/03/08 07:06 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I'm so sorry to hear about this Jenn! It's hard to believe that someone from our fandom could stoop to such cruel and immature behavior. That's a sad day for all. I don't venture too much outside of these boards and Zoom's boards these days for FoLC-related material, but should I come across anything like you mentioned, I'll be sure to let you know about it.

#217395 07/03/08 07:18 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm still shaking my head in disbelief over this - I can't believe anyone would so anything so awful to someone so sweet. frown

You know I'm here for you, Jenn. No matter what. *hugs you tight*

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
#217396 07/03/08 07:21 AM
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
I don't frequent other message boards, so it's highly unlikely that I'll come across such things, but my daughter does and she's pretty tech-savvy computer wise. I'll alert her to the problem so if she sees anything she can at least report the problem.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
#217397 07/03/08 07:41 AM
Columnist
Columnist
The times I noticed it was when I clicked on a link from the Dean Cain Google alert I use. The ones I have seen are usually on someone's blog that mentions Dean. I haven't noticed any comments about Teri.

I have thought about this while I was cleaning this morning and I am so sorry that someone is doing this to you. It must have been so disconcerting to see someone like the comments I have seen attributed to you. wave

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard