Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#217294 06/26/08 07:46 PM
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
I thought I'd share because... why not? I got this done yesterday morning, it's above my right ankle.

[Linked Image]

Anyone else have one they'd like to share? wink

"Lois Lane is Clark Kent's Superman." - Brian Miller
#217295 06/26/08 08:29 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Cool. But after years of allergy shots I don't want to see a needle of any kind unless it is medically necessary.

But I will confess to walking past the men's department in Walmart and seeiing Man of Steel boxers (the waist band says Man of Steel and the S shield is on the front and back with blazes of red) for $5 so I bought a pair to use as shorts in the house.

#217296 06/26/08 09:53 PM
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
But I will confess to walking past the men's department in Walmart and seeiing Man of Steel boxers (the waist band says Man of Steel and the S shield is on the front and back with blazes of red) for $5 so I bought a pair to use as shorts in the house.
Heck, I've got three pairs of Superman boxers (well, one has Supes, Batman, Flash, and Green Lantern on them) I wear as pajamas. thumbsup

#217297 06/27/08 05:50 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Not while I'm still a blood donor - I'd have to stop for at least a year.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
#217298 06/27/08 01:02 PM
G
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
G
Originally posted by kmar:
I also own a couple of pairs of Supes boxers...they are comfy...and I plan on buying many more pairs...*giggle*
And Jessi...I am so jealous of your tattoo...I wish I had gotten something that cool...

"Madness is like gravity...it just takes a little push." ~The Joker
#217299 06/27/08 02:01 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I got one tooooooooo! On wednesday morning, after Jessi got hers done. But mine isn't Superman -- I already *have* one of those, after all.

This is what I got. Three Batman logos going around my left wrist. laugh hee!

[img]http://pics.livejournal.com/laramoon/pic/000g2qdc[/img]

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
#217300 06/27/08 05:23 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I want to see the Superman tatoo, too, Lara.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
#217301 06/27/08 05:34 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This is the Superman one. (of course, it's got Batman in there as well. *giggles*) It's a stylized version of the Superman/Batman logo - the tribal design is by Catherine Bruce. smile This one is on my right ankle.

[img]http://pics.livejournal.com/laramoon/pic/000g3kz0[/img]

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
#217302 06/28/08 04:50 AM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
That's a really clever design, and it looks awesome! cool

Does anyone else have tattoos they are willing to share, superhero or not? I've always admired the unique qualities of tattoos, that no two look the same, and that most everyone has a story to tell about their tattoos.

And I don't remember who wrote it (sorry), but the fic about Lois getting Superman's crest tattooed on the small of her back was pretty hot! drool I love how he is so moved with the thought of her branding herself with his crest...not in a possesive way, but it just shows their timeless connection. This thread reminded me of it. wink Although I don't have any tattoos, reading that fic made me think about getting one, like Lois got in the story, but maybe put it somewhere else, like my hip. laugh

"Every woman in love thinks their man looks like Superman!" I sure think so!
#217303 06/28/08 04:57 AM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Cape, I think your's looks great too, especially with the red against black to make it stand out. smile

Also, it's like you could see practically any of the men who were Superman in the image, yet it doesn't resemble any one of them in particular. Way cool, paying homage to the legend of Superman! thumbsup

Any particular reason why you got this design?

#217304 06/28/08 06:01 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Does anyone else have tattoos they are willing to share, superhero or not? I've always admired the unique qualities of tattoos, that no two look the same, and that most everyone has a story to tell about their tattoos.
My icon is a picture of my tattoo...a fleur d'lis on my lower back. There is a longer story to it, but basically it is my reminder that I should always be treated like a queen.

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
#217305 06/28/08 10:25 AM
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Any particular reason why you got this design?
I knew for a while that I wanted something with Clark ripping his shirt open to show the 'S', so I was looking all over the internet for a design I liked. I came across this one on a t-shirt on Esty , of all places, thought it was really cool, and knew that's what I wanted!

I like that it's not really a specific person, too. Dean is definitely my Superman, but I didn't really want an image of him tattooed on me. Not that I think I'll ever get tired of looking at him! goofy

Jessi

#217306 06/28/08 01:13 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
And I don't remember who wrote it (sorry), but the fic about Lois getting Superman's crest tattooed on the small of her back was pretty hot!
Last Call Casualty By Sue S. All hail the Queen! hail hail

I had a tattoo designed for me many years ago that was going to be a butterfly but one side would be kind of darkish colors and the other side would be light colors.

The dark side design would be totally random but would have the empire insignia (from Star Wars) hidden in the design. And the light side would have the rebel alliance insignia hidden in its design.

So only Star Wars fans would notice the insignias. But then the guy who was designing it for me died in a motorcycle accident and strangly, all urges to get a tattoo left me. I've never regretted not getting it. Though I do think it sounds really cool still.

[Linked Image]
Rebel Alliance Insignia

[Linked Image]
Empire Insignia

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
#217307 06/28/08 04:44 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
interesting stuff. Hopefully 20 yrs from now you won't hate it and wish you didn't do it. Meanwhile I know Joan20 got a Superman Shield tattoo. I saw it but I forget if it is on her thigh or hip. Anyway I got my eyeliner done but that has nothing to do with a Superhero<g> Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#217308 06/29/08 12:19 PM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
groobie

I should always be treated like a queen.
I wholeheartedly agree! Too often us women relegate ourselves to last place, when we deserve to be queens; not snooty, but honored smile

Plus I like the design. I guess not many people have that!

Jessi

You're right, Dean is my Superman, laugh and I love the way he developed Clark into more than just a cover. Instead of just playing the part, he discovered the person in the suit, giving him personality, emotions, and dreams. thumbsup

Although I hold Christopher Reeve in high esteem for his contribution to the Superman legend and his amazing spirit that touched so many people...to me, he was the world's Superman, overcoming obstacles in his life, showing us that Superman is more than just physical strength. smile

In fact, each man who has played Superman has made his own contribution to develop the legend, instead of just acting it out. They respect the role, and it shows. As I type this, my husband is watching Smallville, and I realize that Tom Welling has modernized Superman, bringing the legend to yet another generation, keeping it alive for what, 70 years? Amazing! cool

Steph

Thanks for naming the fic! Yes, Sue is an AMAZING writer! Interesting design for a tattoo, but sorry to hear about the artist.

#217309 07/04/08 09:10 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Those are ALL really awesome tattoos! I wouldn't mind getting the "House of El," tattooed on above my ankle or arm, except for the fact, that I'm afraid of needles. I'd probably need to be drunk or near comatose just to get through it! smile1

#217310 07/05/08 06:07 PM
Columnist
Columnist
I am not a tat person but I would love some super boxers. Love wearing those as pjs.

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard