Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#217063 06/02/08 06:18 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Howdy all,
I'm just now getting around to watching the x-files (yep, I had never watched them until now) and I was wondering if anyone knew of any good x-files fanfic.

I'm really wanting to read n-fic cause the sexual tension between Scully & Mulder is driving me crazy. Just get together already!!!

Though, I'll read any good X-file fanfic, nfic or not. Actually, just them kissing would be a relief. I just watched the X-files movie last night and they were a friggin millimeter away from kissing before that stupid bee interfered. Aggghhh!!!! <pulls hair out in frustration>

I'm only in the middle of Season 2 so maybe they get together later in the series... I HOPE!!!

Any suggestions?

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
#217064 06/02/08 06:45 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
My goodness. So much good fic. So much excellent NC-17 fic. It's like a huge candy store.

I recommend Gertie\'s MSR Fanfic Archive as a starting point. Lots of good, romantic fic. Some sweet, some hot, some with plot, some without, of various ratings (though weighted to NC-17), etc.

I lived at that archive for a while (I was never a part of that fandom though, I lurked and read extensively). wink If you want more specific recs, PM me. I got lots, but the general quality of the fics in that archive is pretty good.

ETA:
There is also the Spooky Awards which honor excellence in all categories (including NC-17).

Sue won these under the name Suzanne Schramm, so that's a good place to start as well, since those are awesome.

alcyone

One loses so many laughs by not laughing at oneself - Sara Jeannette Duncan
http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/myl/llog/duty_calls.png
#217065 06/02/08 06:48 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Fanfiction.net (stories rated M) is good for most things, but I believe a certain someone named Sue S. once wrote (and won awards! Obviously!) for this fandom. Don't know what name she published under.

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
#217066 06/02/08 07:20 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Thanks friends! I'm off to find some good x-file nfic... probably will read Sue's first cause I know how good she is. Squee!!!

-George Bernard Shaw
#217067 06/02/08 08:45 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
oh - from me a very grateful "thank you", too smile . but I have one question left: I just browsed the Spooky Awards site, but for the life of me, I cannot find those stories of Sue confused . Any suggestions which year I should start to search?

"Superman is what I can do. Clark is who I am."
#217068 06/02/08 08:56 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
I'm not 100% because it's been a while but maybe 1999 and 2000?

Another option is to look for her on the huge archives. There are many, even some I don't know since I haven't perused X-files fic in a while.

You can see some of them here . When I was around Gossamer was king, but that was more than 5 years ago.

alcyone

#217069 06/02/08 09:31 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I've read a few of Sue's XF stories -- excellent stuff. If you come across Queen's Gambit, it's definitely worth the read. smile

ETA: Here you go. Let's hope she doesn't hate me for it. *g*

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
#217070 06/02/08 09:48 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Thanks for the link Lara! And Thanks for the link to Gossamer Alcyone. I'm perusing it now and its wonderful!

-George Bernard Shaw
#217071 06/02/08 09:54 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Sweet! It's been about ten years since I was a complete X-file addict, but recently (perhaps with the movie coming up this summer) I've been interested in looking at some X-files fic again. I'd completely forgotten about Gossamer. Thanks for asking this question Steph!

#217072 06/02/08 09:54 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally posted by LaraMoon:
Let's hope she doesn't hate me for it. *g*
We'll protect you wink .Thanks for the link smile1

"Superman is what I can do. Clark is who I am."
#217073 06/02/08 10:21 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Also, given that a lot of fandom has moved on to LJ, I think some newer writers might be found in some fic communities there. It's a good thing to keep in mind when the movie comes out.

I can't wait for the movie myself, but I don't know if I'll ever go back to really reading from that fandom. I have such fond memories though.

alcyone

#217074 06/10/08 12:11 PM
Blogger
Blogger
Alcyone - thanks for confirming what I have suspected for some time now. For the past year, since I read some reply from Sue S (I don't remember the exact message), and she mentioned that she had also written fanfiction for the X-Files, I had a feeling that she might be Suzanne Schramm.

I have to admit that in addition to being one of my favorite authors on these boards, she is also one of my favorite X-Files authors. I have had copies of her stories on my computers for almost 10 years. I just keep transferring them from one computer to another as I replace them. In fact, I still have the link to her old website. I know it doesn't exist any longer, but I have never deleted it as a favorite. It serves as a reminder when I feel like re-reading old stories.

God knows I have read all of Sue's stories multiple times! (No pressure, but if Sue wanted to post a new story anytime soon, I would be happy to read that instead of the old ones laugh )

Since I am still an avid reader of X-Files fanfiction, I would have to recommend that you check out Ephemeral - The X-Files Fanfic Auto-Archive . New stories are still being posted here and links are available to the different Gossamer Archives.

I have other links to some of my favorite authors if anyone is interested.

#217075 06/27/08 09:00 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Agh! I just discovered X-Files too. This thread is a godsend. I've been dying to read something and I was trying to get the hang of manuevering around the X-files fanfic block. Made me miss these boards and the ease of lcfanfic.com, let me tell you. Just wanted to give a squee of happiness and thanks to all who replied here!

-laura

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard