Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Saskia Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I've recently started to take my bike to work, and I like to play music for those 40 minutes. So I bought myself a new MP3-player, but now I also need songs. All the songs I already have, have been played to dead. So I'm looking for recomendations.

What do you think are good songs to have a work-out on? What motivates you to go just a bit further/harder/faster?

Any and all songs are welcome, but I am looking for upbeat songs mostly.

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
C_A Offline
Columnist
Columnist
I went and checked my workout playlists just for you wink . Here's some songs I love listening to during cardio exercise:

Born to Run - Bruce Springsteen
Bolero - Moulin Rouge Soundtrack
Chasing Cars - Snow Patrol
Mr. Brightside - The Killers
We Used to be Friends - The Dandy Warhols
Superman Theme - John Williams
End Titles - Independence Day Soundtrack
So Alive - Ryan Adams

Fanfic | MVs

Clark: "Lois? She's bossy. She's stuck up, she's rude... I can't stand her."
Lana: "The best ones always start that way."

"And you already know. Yeah, you already know how this will end." - DeVotchKa
Features Writer
Features Writer
I prop my little portable DVD player on the bar on my treadmill and watch L&C. Seeing skinny Teri and Dean without a shirt is a good motivator. wink And furthermore, any hot scene is a good way to get sweating.

But when I listen to music on my Zune, I like upbeat stuff. I start slacking off if it's a love song. So my list often includes:

* Dirty Little Secret by the All-American Rejects
* You Give Love a Bad Name and Have a Nice Day by Bon Jovi
* Before He Cheats and All-American Girl by Carrie Underwood
* Short Skirt, Long Jacket by Cake
* Good Vibrations by Marky Mark & The Funky Bunch
* Everybody Dance Now by C&C Music Factory
* I Wanna Dance With Somebody by Whitney Houston
* Baby, One More Time and Crazy by Britney Spears
* Cherish, Vogue and La Isla Bonita by Madonna
* Survivor by Destiny's Child

Yes, I know. Very random.

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"
Features Writer
Features Writer
Ooo work out songs?

Hmmm. I have this weird thing where I like techno music when I work out, but I blame that on one of my old sergeants wink

If Techno's not your thing, though... Hmm.

I really like Bonnie Rait's "I Need a Hero" song. Not the remake that came out with Shrek. The original had a very nice get-your-blood pumping beat to it, and everytime I listen to it I want to get moving.

I'll try to think about some more laugh

And for some reason, even though it makes me giggle (which is dangerous to do when riding a bike, I'm sure!) there's always the theme song from the first Rocky movie. I think it's Eye of the Tiger? Of course, everytime I listen to THAT I want to run up a bunch of stairs and pump my arms victoriously :p (This used to be a ringtone I had on my cellphone that I used as an alarm clock. Everytime I heard it THEN I just wanted to throw the thing against a wall and hide under my pillow...)

Mmm cheese.

I vid, therefor I am.

The hardest lesson is that love can be so fair to some, and so cruel to others. Even those who would be gods.

Anne Shirley: I'm glad you spell your name with a "K." Katherine with a "K" is so much more alluring than Catherine with a "C." A "C" always looks so smug.
Me: *cries*
Merriwether
Merriwether
I had a bunch of songs in my playlist, then abandoned it because it was so Mortal Kombat heavy. Now I just pull out of my full playlist, skip past slow songs, and giggle when something like Ray Stevens or the Muppets come up. But here are some suggestions:

- I Will Suvrive, Gloria Gaynor
- The Final Countdown, Europe
- Walking on Sunshine, KC And the Sunshine Band?
- One Way or Another, Blondie
- Mortal Kombat theme
- We WIll Rock You, Queen
- Don't Stop Me Now, Queen
- Another One Bites the Dust, Queen
- Loco-motion
- Mony Mony
- Basketcase, Green Day
- Fortunate Son, Creedence Clearwater Revival
- Land of Confusion, pick either Genesis or Disturbed
- End of the World as We Know It, REM
- Blitzkrieg Bop, The Ramones
- Here It Goes Again, OK Go
- I Think I'm Paranoid, Garbage
- Say It Ain't So, Weezer
- Should I Stay or Should I Go, The Clash
- All the Small Things, Blink-182

And, of course, The Eye of the Tiger as Cat suggested. Or you can do the Wierd Al version, The Rye or the Kaiser. laugh

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
C
Kerth
Kerth
C
Dare You to Move-Switchfoot
Disarray, Everything and Hanging by a Moment- Lifehouse
Kung Fu Fighting-I don't know who sang this can't remember
True to Your Heart- 98 Degrees
Everybody (Backstreet's Back)-Backstreet Boys
Baby, Baby- Amy Grant

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
Top Banana
Top Banana
Okay, this song is my fave work out song and my happy song. Any time I'm feeling down or spunky, it does the trick.

Ghostbusters... laugh

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
Features Writer
Features Writer
Originally posted by Catherine Bruce:
I really like Bonnie Rait's "I Need a Hero" song. Not the remake that came out with Shrek. The original had a very nice get-your-blood pumping beat to it, and everytime I listen to it I want to get moving.
Isn't that Bonnie Tyler? The song that was featured in the Pilot ep of LnC? I love that verison too. The one from Shrek is okay too, but the part where she says, "C-Minor, play in C-minor" is unneccessary. dizzy

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
hmm not sure what kind of music your into but I ALWAYS listen to Hawthorne Heights, Eve 6, and Red Jumpsuit Apparatus.

Misha: I'm not a crackpot!

Martha: No dear, trust me, you are.
Merriwether
Merriwether
Originally posted by LoisLane9397:
Originally posted by Catherine Bruce:
[b] I really like Bonnie Rait's "I Need a Hero" song. Not the remake that came out with Shrek. The original had a very nice get-your-blood pumping beat to it, and everytime I listen to it I want to get moving.
Isn't that Bonnie Tyler? The song that was featured in the Pilot ep of LnC? [/b]
Yep, it was originally Bonnie Tyler, and it was originally in the movie Footloose.

And which remake from Shrek? The really weird version that played during the credits, or the Fairy Godmother's version? I personally like the latter. wink

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I either listen to hip hop/rap (Usher, Nelly, Mariah, Eminem, Sean Paul) or Guns N Roses when I work out. :p

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Features Writer
Features Writer
Originally posted by Karen:
And which remake from Shrek? The really weird version that played during the credits, or the Fairy Godmother's version? I personally like the latter. wink [/QB]
To be honest with you, I've never seen the movie, but I saw a clip of the song one night when I was flipping channels. Not sure what scene it is, but Princess Fiona is being swung around the room while dancing with the Prince guy. That song grabbed my attention because my friend made a YouTube Superhero Tribute video set to it. wink

Eva Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hi Saskia,

In my on-going quest to fulfill and master the natural cycle of procrastination and all-nighters, I'm pleased to give you a list of up-tempo songs I like to work out to ... Ok, these days, I mainly just listen to them when I clean my flat - but that's exercise, too, right?

Some are rather up-beat and fun, some are more like the drill sergeants of songs ... really depends on what you want in your workout as well as at what point in your routine you want to use them.

Anyway, have fun biking smile

Inside out (Eve 6)

Je Ne Te Connais Pas (Prototypes)

Walking on Sunshine (Katrina and the Waves)

Firestarter (The Prodigy) - many other The Prodigy songs are also great for working out

We Didn\'t Start The Fire (Billy Joel)

Elektrobank (Chemical Brothers) - the song itself only starts about 1:25 into the video, which is one of the greatest vids ever, btw. Rarely has rhythmic gymnastics been so compelling wink

Best of My Love (The Emotions)

You Don\'t Know Me (Armand van Helden)

Oh yeah, and I want to second a a couple of choices already mentioned, too, especially OK Go, We Used to be Friends and Short Skirt, Long Jacket (I love cake, er, Cake).

Edit: I'm so tempted to keep editing this, but I will only add these few suggestions before I'm off to actually *get some work done, dammit*.

- This Love (Maroon 5)
- I Believe In a Thing Called Love (The Darkness)
- Headstrong (Trapt) - see the excellent vid in "FoLC productions"
- Bodyrock (Moby)
- Hey Ya (Outkast)
- Stop the Rock (Apollo 440)
- Woman Trouble (Artful Dodger)
- I Wanna Be Sedated (The Ramones)
- Canned Heat (Jamiroquai)

kill a cliché, save a reader

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard