Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Oh my god, Ann. Are you trying to kill me? I want a piece of whatever that lovely chocolate raspberry confection is you have a picture of. drool
I found the picture on the internet. It said it was a chocolate raspberry soufflé. I haven't tasted it myself. But it's true that I try to hunt down the nicest cakes, pralines, sorbets, mousses and other delicioius stuff wherever I go. That is a definite interest of mine, I have to admit! drool (Glad I could make you guys drool! laugh )

Ann

Columnist
Columnist
Hobbies other than LnC - lets see.

READING - Don't really have time to read books. After reading the fanfic here, and beta reading I don't have time for books. I do read every month PC World, PC Photo, Outdoor Photography, Popular Photography/Digital Imaging and Shutterbug. Which obviously leads into my next hobby:

PHOTOGRAPHY - more namely landscape photography and I'm getting into wildlife as well. People I don't do they tend to be a pain in the butt when you try to take their picture.

TRAVEL - I haven't done any distant traveling in a while because of the cost. I've recently started researching all the local (with in a couple of hours drive) parks, scenic spots, monuments etc. of where I live which is the beach in Maryland.

SHOPPING But not just any shopping. Lowes and Home Depot. I love browsing those stores and coming up with things to use and do to my house. I'm a do it yourselfer if I can manage it. I'm going to put in a new kitchen faucet this weekend and a new shower head.

Z
Columnist
Columnist
Z
Reading I enjoy fiction as well as some non fiction, uplifting, but non religious, feel good anecdote type stories such as those in the Chicken Soup books or cup of Comfort, also likewise tales about dogs, I have become hooked on romance novels. devil Nothing too "n" I'd rather save that for n Clark tales, lol, but I enjoy love inspired, family, single women looking for Mr. Right, as I am one of them, and yes, plain old love story romance tales. I don't care for historical, supernatural, and say no thanks to the likes of dark, vampire, or cowboy stories.

Book Hunting might fall under the above. I enjoy visiting the library, borders, but also the the dollar bookstore and that wonderful movie world bookstore in Burbank. (the store where romance books are only a quarter or fifty cents for newly put out ones. Yes, I am in the process of recollecting the Baby-sitter's Club Books so such stores are handy for that, too.

I find peace and solitude in nature, especially at the beach. I enjoy travelling when I can to places that are rural. Though compared to LA, probably anywhere almost is.

I really don't watch much tv, but am a Dodger fans, though with the way they are playing now, :p , I'll sometimes watch House Hunters, Trading Spaces, Jon and Kate, and even game show reruns on GSN. and all right every now and then Saved by the Bell. blush

Since other people have mentioned computer games, I love to play Tetris, Q-Bert, and Scrabble.

Writing both related and not to fan fic. Of course reading L and C fic, especially n fic. wink

Let's see...to go with another thread, it is always nice to have a change of scene a few times a year even if it's just an hour or so away to Disneyland. Of course travelling a little farther is more fun.

Mona

Features Writer
Features Writer
Originally posted by Zoar3:

I really don't watch much tv, but am a Dodger fans, though with the way they are playing now, :p , I'll sometimes watch House Hunters, Trading Spaces, Jon and Kate, and even game show reruns on GSN. and all right every now and then Saved by the Bell.
There's nothing wrong with Saved By The Bell. In fact, I call it the "Lois & Clark" of my middle school years. laugh

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Reading It's my second job actually, because I think I spend almost as much time reading (school unrelated things) as I do studying. Currently reading "Son of a Witch" by Gregory Maguire, the lcfanfic "Strong" by Shayne Terry and (I don't know how to translate it but it won the Nobel Prize of Literature in 1998) "Memorial do Convento" by José Saramago.

Watching Movies & old TV series : Lately I've been watching the third season of Roswell and the last movie I saw was Penelope (which I loved)

Playing The Sims or the Sims Superstar - I still don't afford enough to buy Sims 2 (sigh -poor college students)

Meeting my friends to chat

Granny Weatherwax: 'You've got to think headology, see? Not muck about with all this beauty and wealth business. That's not important.'

Wyrd Sisters, Terry Pratchett
G
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
G
Well...I have a few hobbies outside this fandom...but I have been starting to ignore them in favor of being here.
Movies-I love watching movies.
Music-If I'm not sleeping or watching movies chances are I am listening to music while doing whatever.
Mythology-I love Greek/Roman mythology.
Crocheting-(I hope I spelled that right) I have two projects that I should be working on...
Writing-I am working on 3 fanfics and am trying to write a novel
I also collect Pandas...I love Pandas! And apparently multi-tasking is also a hobby of mine. I just can't bring myself to only have one project going at a time...it drives me nuts.

"Madness is like gravity...it just takes a little push." ~The Joker
Blogger
Blogger
Let's see...

Pottery I have a full high fire studio in my garage. I do sell occasionally at art shows, and I actually did that all last year. Now its more of a hobby again.

Pyrography (Wood burning) Same deal as the pottery.

Other artistic stuff I love photography, painting, jewelry making, etc. If it's arts or crafts related, I have tried it!

Star Wars collectibles I've got a fair sized collection, though I haven't added much in the last few years. I mostly collect the original trilogy stuff.

I am a bit of a computer and an electronics nerd too, but that's not really a hobby I guess.

Oh, and playing Rockband blush

Tammy

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Right now, I'm trying my hand at gardening, with mixed results. It's not so easy for me to garden, though, since I live in an apartment. I've got a bunch of containers out on my front porch and a small garden over in my mother's back yard. It's a rather sad looking garden, though, as something is eating the leaves of my plants and I haven't found anything yet that will protect them. I also have a small corn patch in another section of the yard, a small garden plot (very small!) in the front yard and a square with sweet potato plants.

Hmm, I crochet a little. I consider myself an advanced beginner with that. Maybe intermediate. I can make hats and granny squares without a pattern. I can make things with those granny squares, too, like bedroom slippers for my kiddos and a few blankets, mostly baby blankets. I tried knitting, but I couldn't figure out the purl stitch, just the knit one, so I decided to stick with crochet.

I like computers and electronic gadgets. I'm considering getting a GPS sometime soon, mostly so I can play with it since I don't drive much anymore.

I love to read, but I hate to buy books, so I'm currently waiting for book one of Winds of the Forelands by David Coe at the library I work at.

That's pretty much it. It's not too much, is it. Oh well, I keep busy enough between those, my kids and work.

Tara

Rose: You're NOT keeping the horse!
Doctor Who: I let you keep Mickey, now lets go!
Doctor Who, The Girl in the Fireplace
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard