Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
We all seem to be a diverse set of people who all have one common love: Lois and Clark. However, I thought it might be nice to find out a little more about each other to see if any of us have other hobbies that we have in common. I've been thinking about this topic since the discussion about who tells others about their fanfiction hobby. I figured if nothing else we can all wallow in our silly addictions with each other and not feel ashamed.

Sadly my other hobbies have been taking precedent over the LnC one lately. I figured if nothing else it would be nice to share with you what I am currently doing.

So share with us everything you are interested in right now!

(I’ll be posting mine below)

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I collect hobbies faster than I can manage them all. XD I didn’t realize how big of a dork I was until I listed them all out. Haha.

Cross stitch: I have several projects that I am working on right now. This is a soothing activity for me. If anyone is interested I’ll link them. I have been doing this since I was a kid. smile

Anime: I love to watch anime. I have a ton of favorites and I’m not even going to go into those. I’ll just let you know which ones I’m watching right now. Bleach, Vampire Knight, Soul Eater.

Doramas: These are Asian Dramas (Japanese, Korean, Taiwanese). These are very different than our soap operas and tv shows. They generally run one season (sometimes 2 if they are very popular) and have really fun story lines. Many times they are based on a manga or anime (another reason why I love them). They range from comedies to tear-jerkers. The story lines are usually very original compared to what we have here in the states.

Manga Scanslation: This is my big hobby. I got into this when I was in college about 6.5 years ago. I had a deep love of anime but I didn’t have the bandwidth at the time to enjoy it online. So I started reading online manga (Japanese comics) for the same series I loved as anime. Soon that obsession grew and grew.

What is scanslation though? Well basically I buy the original Japanese manga and tear it apart. I then scan it. Someone else translates the txt into English. Then someone else cleans up the scans in photoshop and edits out all the Japanese and puts in English txt.

It is a really neat process and I’ve been addicted to since I started it.

Fanfiction: Other fandoms I am active in are: Full Metal Alchemist and Sailor Moon. I have a ton of others I read fiction for but I only write for the two above. I actually have a LJ community dedicated to the Sailor Moon romances with writing challenges. (Yes yes… I know it is cheesy. But it was my first anime and is still dear to my heart so leave me alone!)

Cosplay: Okay okay. So even I cringe mentioning this. Two years ago I went to my first anime convention and spent the first the first 2 hours giggling uncontrollably at people in costumes. By the end of the convention though I had grown to appreciate what I was seeing in some of the costume (a lot of them still make me giggle cause they are so bad). Last year one of my friends made me a costume for that same convention and I had an absolute blast. There is something to be said for dressing up with thousands of other people and just having fun.

This year I plan on attempting to make my own costume. I’m learning to sew at the same time. It should be interesting to say the least. smile

World of Warcraft: Level 70 Night Elf Druid – Balance – Aggramar Server (Enough said)

Kerth
Kerth
Mostly I write tabletop role playing games - I generally get busy in fanfic when inspiration is lacking on the gaming side, and since the gaming side is coming along reasonably well right now I'm not writing much fanfic. I've also written for computer magazines, New Scientist, and a couple of SF anthologies, though nothing recent.

Apart from that I'm into herpetology, Victoriana and Edwardiana, and photography.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Top Banana
Top Banana
Sudoku While I've played (on paper and computer) most types, my favorite is killer sudoku. I keep trying to beat my own top score goofy

Romantic Mystery or romantic suspense novels I picked up this hobby five years ago, when I raided my mom's library.

Mythology I buy DVDs, books, scour the web for all the different world mythologies and try compare & contrast them. It's amazing how many common elements they have. My favorites are Greek and Hindu mythology.

Collecting I collect keychains (70+), metallic & hand-crafted bookmarks(30+), and magnets(150+).

wave

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Does vidding count as a hobby? cause it's totally taking over my life... I have Iron Man spoof vids and ideas for some Batman stuff... and a list of videos to do which is about a mile and a half long.

OK... seriously... I collect action figures and stuffed bunnies. Really, I do.

Otherwise, um... Does Batman count as a hobby? (*giggles*) Or LiveJournal? How about counting calories? ....cause I do all of that.

(no... wait, I didn't mean I was doing Batman... I didn't! No! Don't make fun of me! aaaahhhh!)

~Lara
(who's been spending way too much time with Catherine Bruce, it seems)

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Features Writer
Features Writer
Originally posted by LaraMoon:
~Lara
(who's been spending way too much time with Catherine Bruce, it seems)
LOL! Suuuuure, blame me! wink (Not that the blame is misplaced! laugh )

Hobbies? Hmm. I like to write, draw (been drawing Disney characters lately...), vidding is definately a hobby. So is sleep. I'm quite good at that. Except at night...

Lessee... I also like the take pictures. Um... Artsy stuff.

Man, most of my hobbies are computer oriented, aren't they?

Oh, neopets can be considered a hobby laugh

Mmm cheese.

I vid, therefor I am.

The hardest lesson is that love can be so fair to some, and so cruel to others. Even those who would be gods.

Anne Shirley: I'm glad you spell your name with a "K." Katherine with a "K" is so much more alluring than Catherine with a "C." A "C" always looks so smug.
Me: *cries*
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Marcus: Your hobbies seem so much more intelligent than mine. XD

Oh, neopets can be considered a hobby
Bahaha if it is I would have to add another one. -_- Gaia Online. Please don't make me add another one!!

Well I kinda have to seein AnKS' list. As seen from my 50 Book Challenge list I'm also an avid reader of romance and paranormal books. goofy I'm beginning to wonder how I keep up with all this. cat

Features Writer
Features Writer
Hobbies? You mean other than writing fic, working and sitting in traffic? <ponders her pink life>

I love to travel ... I'd much rather be in Hawaii or New Orleans or Vegas than at work right now. Within the travel realm, I love to shop at new places (I think I have been to a Victoria's Secret in every city I have visited, and I was mad when I found out Canada doesn't have them; I just couldn't get on board with La Senza and underwear that says BONJOUR across the azz) and eat at new, fun places, especially on vacation.

Some of my fave restaurants ever are Spago and Emeril's Fish House in Las Vegas and the ghetto fab Casa Bonita in Denver. (You cannot fault a pink castle that serves all-you-can-eat cheese enchiladas. You just can't.)

I love to read everything from the newspaper to fic to books to magazines. (And yes, even a <cough> serious journalist such as myself reads celeb gossip blogs and US Weekly.)

I love, love, love to shop. Anything from Nordstrom and the Coach store to the outlet mall. And it's not all pink. I swear. Unfortunately, most of what I tend to buy is work clothes, so on the weekend, I traditionally am relegated to my two sad pairs of khakis and pink Pumas.

I, too, also enjoy my blog and counting carbs (instead of calories) ... I guess La Bat is rubbing off on me.

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"
Top Banana
Top Banana
My hobbies/interests:

WATCHING MOVIES - I love movies. I'm cheap though so I always do netflix, not usually the theater

SUDOKU - I love websudoku.com and of course have my thick book at home... what's this Killer Sudoku you speak of Anks? Sounds awesome!

TRAVELING - I LOVE LOVE LOVE to travel. That is my biggest passion. I have been all over the place and want to see every where. I'm planning my biggest vacation to New Zealand/Australia but that won't be for years to come. I plan ahead...

SINGING - I love to sing... as long as it's a song I sound good in. Ha! I'm vain like that.

EATING - I love trying new restaurants. I'm pretty brave but not sure I could do freaky eyeballs or monkey brains. No TOD stuff for me, thanks.

NATURE - I love nature. I feel so close to God when I'm surrounded by beauty.

STAR WARS - Duh, you all knew that.

I'm sure I have more hobbies but that's all that comes to mind.

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally posted by stephnachia:
SUDOKU - what's this Killer Sudoku you speak of Anks?
See here . It's basically regular sudoku with an additional constraint (numbers in a group sum up).

wave

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I have lots of hobbies, but not enough time in which to do them all.

I love to read and write (obviously), although I generally don't write fiction. The stories I've posted here in the past couple of weeks are my first forays into fiction in a very long time.

I'm also a complete nerd. I love current events - I keep up with the news, almost always in print form. I like trivia and puzzles. I do crosswords and sudoku puzzles religiously. I watch Jeopardy every weekday. It doesn't matter what I'm doing - watching a movie, cooking dinner, reading fic - I drop everything at 7:30 prompt.

I love to travel. I haven't been a lot of places, really, but I'm working hard on expanding the list of places I've been. Whenever I can manage a trip somewhere, I go, even if only for a couple of days. I'm currently stuck in a Las Vegas rut - every time I have the time and money to go somewhere, I go to Vegas. Seeing as how I'm getting married in Vegas next month, it has given me a few good "excuses" to go out there over the past year. (Oh, I just need to check the chapel one more time... wink ).

Music and theatre are big passions of mine. I find that nothing moves me quite as much as music can, no matter what mood I'm in. My music tastes can't be summed up in any specific genre. Once upon a time, I used to sing, but I gave it up when I discovered theatre. I was actively involved in community theatre for several years before real life demanded more of my attention. I acted for a little while, but eventually found that stage management was my true calling. A couple of years ago, I helped out one of my favorite directors I used to work frequently with by stepping in as a stage manager for her production. Trying to do that, work all day, and go to school at the same time, just about killed me. I hope to get involved in theatre again some day, but it's not going to happen any time soon.

I'm a big lighthouse fanatic, too. I collect anything lighthouse related I can get my hands on: figurines, blankets, salt and pepper shakers, etc. I've got a specific interest in the Morris Island Lighthouse off the coast of Charleston, SC. The lighthouse is in danger of collapse, and there's an effort to save it since it's a historical landmark: www.savethelight.org

I guess my other big obsession is weather. I would love to study meteorology formally. Right now, I settle for teaching myself everything I can learn. I'm especially fascinated with hurricanes. I'd love to be a hurricane expert.

Other than that, I enjoy playing poker, dabbling in photography, and torturing (umm...loving) my cats. I go to school full-time (I plan to be a professional student...I'm trying to see just how many degrees I can get before all of my student loans implode) and work full-time, so I have no idea how I do all of this!

C
Kerth
Kerth
C
Photography and reading mostly for me. Though I don't get a lot of time to do either.

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Reading- Friends are reluctant to help us move since it involves far too many boxes of books being lugged around. It's a family affair though, since my husband and kids are all readers so they have to share some of the blame when it comes to the piles of books that cannot be slotted into any of our many sets of shelves. I read across an assortment of genres but my first loves were SF and fantasy, with mystery and travel books coming a close second these days.

Kayaking- One of the reasons we moved back to the West coast a year ago was to indulge our love of being out in our kayaks and we've chosen to live right by the water...five minutes from our driveway to getting the first boat into the habour here is fantastic!

Dog Showing-I'm not doing it this year because of the move,the dogs getting older and getting into a new job,etc but for a while there, some of my more fun weekends were spent taking one of the Greyhounds into the ring. We are thinking of getting a niece or nephew of the brother/sister Greys we have now, if one of their sisters does end up having a litter in the next year, so hopefully at some point I'll be active again.

Walking-whether it's on the beach or around town, getting out with my husband and the dogs is one of my favourite things to do plus it's a great way to meet people and enjoy the views!

Femme fatale with a hopelessly romantic heart!
Features Writer
Features Writer
Archery-I found a 60" recurve composite bow from Canada at an apartment flea market and paid a $1 in change from my car for it. Since then I have bought 3 arm guards, countless arrows and 2 years worth of park memberships for the whole family to walk archery trails and take shots. It's almost as fun as shooting with a gun.

D&D-currently in the Eberron campaign 3.5 edition.

Fishing-I've caught a 32 inch Northern Pike and a 20 inch trough and I have pictures as proof.

Comic books-Superman (of course) and Knights of the Dinner Table magazine(HUMOR!!!)

TEEEEEEJ

Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something RIGHT!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Traveling My dad took me to a ton of international places growing up, so I'd much rather be on a plane to anywhere than at home hah.

Music Music is my life blood. I've been playing guitar since it was bigger than me hehe. (Although with my height, I think it's still bigger than me.) I rock out on my electric, I mellow down with my acoustic, and I love to funk out playing jazz on piano, although that's something I've had to fade out for a while since I can't fit my piano here.

Art Real world aside, I love to paint, draw, and make animations.

World of Warcraft Sigh, out comes the minor geek haha. My best friend got me hooked like a fish on this thing. I'm on the Thunderlord server with a 63 blood elf rogue and 42 undead mage.

Reading I can't survive the year without a few good books! Favorite author is James Patterson, but I also like chick lit (which weirds people out. murder mysteries next to my chick lit books?), the horde of knights templar books that keep coming out, and anything I find at the airport. I've found some of my favorite books shopping for things I don't need at Hudson's LOL.

And I really enjoy eating hah. I love new restaurants, especially anything ethnic. Good mexican or mediterranean style (falafels, etc) always top my list of places to try!

Fun thread!
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Features Writer
Features Writer
Besides Superman and writing fanfic, I enjoy editing/publishing my fan magazine devoted in all superheroes. I also dabble web design and I LOVE to Cosplay. My favorite character to Cosplay of course, is Lois. laugh

For a while, I was also learning how to speak Elvish from the Lord of Rings and I'd like to pick that up again soon because I own an online Yahoo Study Group.

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Hmmm.... I'm a nerd, you know?

[Linked Image]

This could be me, about 45 years ago. But I had, and have, brown eyes.

Things interest me....

[Linked Image]

...astronomy, the universe and Earth (and I think that this is probably a picture of Perseus A, two merging galaxies, and the enormous shock waves generated by this super-titanic collision... (and here\'s a link to another picture of Perseus A, which is the bright reddish galaxy on the left with some blue fluff surrounding its bright nucleus)

...and the more down-to-earth awesomeness of space (this is a painting by Vincent von Gogh, showing the Big Dipper...)

[Linked Image]

...religion (you know about that...)

[Linked Image]

...ummm, no, that kind of 'saved' doesn't qualify as religion, even though I found it when I googled for pictures of 'religion' - let's have this image instead:

[Linked Image]

...I'm also interested in other times, places and cultures...

[Linked Image]

...and I like, um, beautiful and fantastic architecture...

[Linked Image]

...and I like the beautiful nature...

[Linked Image]

...and... flowers?

[Linked Image]

...and animals...

[Linked Image]

...and chocolate, and other goodies...

[Linked Image]

And I'm interested in a lot of other things, too. Because I'm a nerd.

Ann

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Oh my god, Ann. Are you trying to kill me? I want a piece of whatever that lovely chocolate raspberry confection is you have a picture of. drool

Kerth
Kerth
Wait! You can have other hobbies but LnC-related stuff? shock Why didn't anybody tell me?

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Features Writer
Features Writer
Originally posted by Rona V.:
Oh my god, Ann. Are you trying to kill me? I want a piece of whatever that lovely chocolate raspberry confection is you have a picture of. drool
Hear hear!!! drool dizzy I needs that chocolate...I needs it or I will explode! shock

TEEEEEEJ

Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something RIGHT!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard