Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
I've seen it, and I thought it totally rocked! Great casting of Robert Downey Jr, great acting, cool costumes and special effects -- but the heart of it (ahem) is Tony Stark. I mean, who could resist a superhero who is completely human and is walking around with his "kryptonite" inside him? smile

Any thoughts?

"Some prices are just too high, no matter how much you may want the prize. The one thing you can't trade for your heart's desire is your heart."
--Lois McMaster Bujold, "Memory", 1996
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
MY husband and I went to it on the premiere night and it's so far the best super-hero movie either of us have seen in many years...less downbeat, no whining by the lead character (aka Spiderman) and while there was action and CGI, it's not what drives the story. Robert Downey Jr. was perfectly cast as "Tony Stark" (I was never even a fan of the comic but he was incredible) and for the first time in a long time, I'm looking forward to a superhero sequel!

The final line before the credits role is what totally sold me overall about this movie-I'm not going to spill the beans for anyone who hasn't seen it yet but it left me LOL for a while. thumbsup

Femme fatale with a hopelessly romantic heart!
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Did you stick around for the scene after the credits? That was pretty cool, too. I'm looking forward to the sequal, too.

Tara

housesitting for Nan (and using her computer, peep )

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
The movie was certainly no cinematic masterwork but it would be wrong to expect it from a film adaptation. Compared to many other characters behind their superhero facades, Tony Stark is quite possibly the one I like most ... and Robert Downey Jr. has matured enough to do this role justice.

Iron Man 2 is already planned for mid-2010 and we'll see Tony Stark again this year in the new Hulk adaption wink I'll be looking forward to both.

Kerth
Kerth
Saw it Monday - enjoyed it, but I think Batman Begins still slightly has the edge as my favorite from the last few years of superhero films.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Best superhero movie I've seen since Batman Begins. It's completely awesome! And I am SO seeing that one again. And again.

I've totally caught Iron Man fever. laugh

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Merriwether
Merriwether
Saw it and loved it. Robert Downey Jr was a perfect casting choice. The rest of the cast was great, too. And I liked seeing Stan Lee's and Jon Favreau's (the director) cameos. When we went, the crowd cheered at the end before the credits, and then went wild at the scene at the very end of the credits.

By the way, not only is there a sequel planned for 2010, but there's also a Thor movie in 2010, a Captain America movie in 2011, and what is it all leading to?

An Avengers movie in 2011. It sounds like they're doing the right thing (unlike the Justice League movie) and using the same actors from the individual movies. At least, I hope it stays that way.

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Loved it. I'm not generally a fan of these types of superheroes. That is, characters with no inherent extraordinary abilities/powers. I knew nothing about Iron Man before this film, but I'm totally sold.

I saw it with my fiance and the first time he was in the suit and shooting off the cannons and stuff I gasped and said, "OMG, I'm in love."

In addition to this, I also saw some really good trailers for The Dark Knight (I'm not generally at Batman fan, but this movie looks fantastic. Doesn't hurt that it was filmed in my hometown either wink ) , Hellboy II, and The Incredible Hulk. YAY for comic book movies!!!

Thanks to Cat for my rockin' avatar!
++++
(About Lois & Clark)
Perry: Son, you just hit the bulls eye. It's like we're supporting characters in some TV show and it's only about them.
Jimmy: Yeah! It's like all we do is advance their plots.
Perry: To tell you the truth, I'm sick of it.
Jimmy: Man, me too!
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Originally posted by Nan:
Did you stick around for the scene after the credits? That was pretty cool, too.

Tara

I made my husband wait and sit through the credits just to see that little (but important!) cameo...yup, there was us and about five excited 12 year old boys. My husband asked me, "Is this going to be worth it?"

As a comics fan, it was!

Femme fatale with a hopelessly romantic heart!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
[...]there's also a Thor movie in 2010[...]
Seriously??? Ooooh!! *SQUEE* I absolutely love Thor! laugh YAY!

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard