Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#216341 04/10/08 05:28 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
So... anyone watch it last night?

I thought Teri did a pretty good job, I mean, Carrie's voice is better, but she still sounded pretty good. I liked the whole set up at the beggining, "You steal my man, I'm stealing your song." Very cute.

But the cherry on top for me was when they closed with 'Shout to the Lord', one of my all time favorite praise/worship songs.

Also, I love that they're using such a popular show like AI to encourage people to give. I also liked that they focused on so many different charities. They had domestic & international from medical care, to schooling, to Aids awareness. I really enjoyed watching it.

What did y'all think?

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
#216342 04/10/08 06:14 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
I agree with Teri. Sadly, I woke my mother up once I recognized the violin/fiddle player. laugh I'd forgotten who Band for TV was until I saw James Denton on the guitar.

I was excited that they did Season Of Love, but at the end, it felt really flat. There's an energy to the stage recordings that was completely missing from AI. It's supposed to pick up after the first verse or so, and it never did. They just kept it very quiet and low-key. It would also have been an excellent showcase for the range and power of their voices, other than just singing a few lines, but they didn't take the opportunity. Not to mention that Jason Castro messed up the lyrics. "The times that she died." I'm sorry, but unless you're turned around by a drag queen at the white light, you only die once!

On the other hand, I really liked Fergie and Heart. Fergie and Ann Wilson sang well together.

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
#216343 04/10/08 06:45 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I thought it was great.

I didn't get to see Teri but I heard audio of her performance later. I think Teri can sing, but that was really the wrong choice for her. (God, now I sound like Paula Abdul)

I was disappointed with Seasons of Love. It was David Archuleta (not Jason Castro) that messed up the lyrics, but he hit that last note of that line beautifully. Brooke White was entirely too loud, and she overshadowed everyone else through the beginning of the song. I was hoping they'd give Syesha the high note towards the end of the song, but instead they changed the arrangement not to include it, which kind of ruined it for me.

Heart and Fergie was pretty awesome, and so was Gloria Estefan. The Daughtry video made me cry, as did Carrie's video for "I'll Stand By You" at last year's Idol Gives Back.

Did anyone donate? I donated online, and it gave me such a warm and fuzzy feeling. smile

Thanks to Cat for my rockin' avatar!
++++
(About Lois & Clark)
Perry: Son, you just hit the bulls eye. It's like we're supporting characters in some TV show and it's only about them.
Jimmy: Yeah! It's like all we do is advance their plots.
Perry: To tell you the truth, I'm sick of it.
Jimmy: Man, me too!

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard