Print Thread
#21624 05/04/05 09:15 AM
daneel Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Yay! The end is near... we'll have Lois in Metropolis soon then? wink

Jose hyper

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
thumbsup I just knew Clark was walking into a trap, AGH! notworthy

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." Chris Reeve

"Whatever comes our way, whatever battle we have raging inside us, we always have a choice. It's the choices that make us who we are, and we can always choose to do what's right." Peter Parker

DON'T DOUBT THE ROUTH
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Beautiful!

Something erupted inside Lois. "I didn't have time to grieve, Clark!" she yelled. "I was a scared, lost little girl, who was just trying to survive. I didn't have anyone to pick me up and comfort me. My aunt took me in, but not to love; I was a convenience to her, someone to care for her when she was sick. She didn't give me the love and comfort I needed. She simply put a roof over my head and expected me to care for her in return. I didn't get blessed with loving parents after I was orphaned like you did. You got dropped into the laps of two people who love you more than anything. Consider yourself lucky, Clark! Nobody loved me. I was all I had. Grieving wasn't exactly a luxury I could afford myself. So sue me if I buried a lot of those feelings deep...so deep that I never fully faced them. It was what I had to do! And you have no idea how hard it was for me. You don't! So don't act all high and mighty and pretend you know what's best for me, because just maybe you don't."
hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow emotianal! I hope she gives him a chance and lets go of her pain from the past. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
J
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
J
Great part! thumbsup

Poor Lois wave

S
Top Banana
Top Banana
S
Loved it! Loved it! Loved it!
I hope I'll have a more rational comment for tomorrow.

simona smile

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Sorry it too me so long to reply...pesky RL keeps getting the way of reading!

I love this section too!!!

I saw the 'trap' coming & I'm glad Lois was there to help! I'm just terrified about what Luthor's up to next! smile1

Top Banana
Top Banana
He'd been shot.

The realization hit him almost as hard as the bullet had. With a moan, he let his head fall back onto the hard, cement floor.
I haven't been commenting, but I've been lucky enough to get a preview of each part. And this quote sums up how this story is told!

The relationship between this two feels so real, and unfolds so naturally. We get to *watch* them fall in love, not just be told in shorthand that they do because she's a Lois and he's a Clark. And along the way are all these great, warm moments of totally Waff, which turn my head so completely, I *never* see the wham coming!

It's like the bullet out of nowhere. And yet, all the time the A-plot- Lex, the Bureau, the kryptonite- has been on constant simmer, heat turning up, all set to bubble over.

I love that. Love also the rich emotions in this part. How Lois is so strong, as she would be, during the crisis, and then lets down when he's home and safe and sleeping. Just perfectly right. And perfectly painful.

I hate this story is wrapping up, Erin. It's one of the very best I've read.

CC

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
S
Top Banana
Top Banana
S
notworthy notworthy notworthy notworthy

like I said in a previous FDK, Lois needed to bring out all the hurt she was bottling inside, and only Clark's almost death could make it. She was able to keep a clear head during the extreme danger, when Clark's life was in her hands, but then she collapsed: she loved her parents and sister and they died of a violent death; she let herself to love Clark, and he's almost died because of a shot! It's enough to drive someone mad of sorrow!
Perhaps the very fact that this time she was able to make a difference, that this time she's not a helpless kid who's looking her family dying, but a very brave woman who saved her loved' life, perhaps all of this is the "key" which will be able to make her understand she really has a chance to love and to be loved, a chance to live and not only to exist.

I'd like to say to you again how much I love your story, and that I'm really sad that we have to let go your Lois and Clark! frown

simona smile

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard