Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#216129 04/04/08 07:34 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Has anything good happened to you lately? Done a nice thing for someone else? Has someone done something nice for you? Post it here so we can all share in your happiness! goofy (even if it's only your other half bringing you a cup of tea in bed this morning.)

Me? Last night I went to a movie at a university campus with my sister and her hubby. And the man selling the tickets said '2 adults and one concession?' Which basically means he thought I was a student. Way to knock ten years off my life! I was quite pleased! laugh

Ooh, also, I bought my first ever comic books today (says lifetime Superman fan!) - Angel: After the Fall #1-3.

Anyone else got a nice story to share? smile

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
Top Banana
Top Banana
I helped some of our friends move last Sunday... I suppose that's something I've done nice for someone else lately.

Nice for me.... let's see... My dad just stopped by my office at lunch time to give me $20 towards LAFF. Isn't that sweet? He's a great dad. smile1

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
I got a phone call last week that really helped turn my life around-I'd interviewed twice for a management position at a local business almost two months ago and while I didn't get the job due to lack of enough experiance in the field, the manager + owner told me they really liked me. So I went back to perusing the "help wanted" ads and my really tough night shifts, feeling somewhat depressed and tired of it all.

Anyhow, the manager of the business phoned me up last Wednesday and offered me a newly created position, working in at least two areas of the business. laugh Needless to say, I jumped at the chance to get off night shifts and avoid commuting with a new job, I can walk to work in 15 minutes and everyone keeps telling me what a great place it will be to work at. My husband and kids are very happy for me and now I'm really looking forward to the future!

Femme fatale with a hopelessly romantic heart!
Merriwether
Merriwether
The husband bought me Sweeney Todd today, even though he has no interest in the movie. Of course, the reason why he went to the store in the first place was so that he could buy the latest Worms game. But it's the thought that counts, right?

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Features Writer
Features Writer
I was showing this movie for class and my colleague was an absolute sweethear (1)borrowing the movie for me (2)showing me how to get the technology to show it. I don't show movies much in my classes so I came to it not knowing the hoops I had to jump.

On top of that, I royally screwed him over, not once but twice. First by not rewinding the movie to the appropriate scene (he teaches after me) and secondly again not rewinding AND forgetting to give it back (someone approached me after class and I forgot, he had to track me down to my office).

You would think he'd bitch me out or glare at the very least.

He didn't make me feel bad at all and even offered to help me with some grading afterwards. So I took him out for tea, just to repay a fraction of his kindness. smile

alcyone

One loses so many laughs by not laughing at oneself - Sara Jeannette Duncan
http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/myl/llog/duty_calls.png
Features Writer
Features Writer
Last year(May) my hubby was in a horrible car wreck. Our van was totalled. Since the accident was caused by the other driver, his mom's insurance company covered all the accident bills that got us another vehicle but the matter of my hubby's injuries was up in the air for a long time, though we decided against a lawsuit(we distrust the legal system and lawyers in general), they still offered to cover for pain and suffering.
[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Just this last January we decided that living in MN was getting to be too expensive(I had actually been hoping to move for a long time but the hubby just now agreed) Still, we knew the move would kick our butts financially, but were willing to try and work it out. In the meantime I had been in contact with my local Christian radio station, asking them to pray for our situation.

The day after Jeff(the husband) decided we should move, he got a call from the insurance company with an injury settlement total. The amount of money he received is enabling us to move to back to Arizona and he got a job offer there just last week. He starts on Monday. I will be staying in MN with the kids until school's out and he's flying back up to drive us back to AZ.

It's all working out so smoothly, we've realized that it's not just coincidence going on here. That being the case, when our radio station had a fundraising drive, not only did I get the opportunity to help answer the phone for the two days, taking donations and prayer requests for the fundraiser, but Jeff and I decided to tithe from the settlement he received. We both felt like we owed God something for making everything work out so nicely and it felt good doing all that.

We still have two months to go before all of us will be together in Arizona, but like I said, things have been going so smoothly, and knowing I'm leaving my job has just relieved so much tension from my brain goofy I just feel so totally happy about it all, it's kind of scary.

TEEEEEEEEJ

Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something RIGHT!
Top Banana
Top Banana
The amount of money he received is enabling us to move to back to Arizona and he got a job offer there just last week. He starts on Monday.
Yay Teej!! Thanks for the update!! God is so awesome!

-George Bernard Shaw
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I just got a call to say my visa extension has been granted and I can stay in the UK for at least another 5 years - possibly indefinitely if I spend (more) vast amounts of money to apply for that next year!

I feel like I've been in limbo for the last few months waiting for this to work itself out, so now I'm feeling pretty good! dance

And I get my passport back, so bring on the holiday! laugh

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
Eva Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hey, gr8shades, great news smile

I'm happy for you (loved the Super undies in the other thread, btw.)

Eva

kill a cliché, save a reader
Top Banana
Top Banana
Woo hoo!!! party Party for gr8!!!! So happy for you too!!!

-George Bernard Shaw
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I sold a bunch of my books back to the school bookstore the other day and got back $100! Whoohoo!

Yesterday I earned my blue belt in Jeet Kune Do, and am one belt closer to becoming a ninja master wink

Also, tomorrow my fiance and I are going to sign the lease for our new apartment, and Saturday I'm graduating college!

Look out, real world! Here I come!

Thanks to Cat for my rockin' avatar!
++++
(About Lois & Clark)
Perry: Son, you just hit the bulls eye. It's like we're supporting characters in some TV show and it's only about them.
Jimmy: Yeah! It's like all we do is advance their plots.
Perry: To tell you the truth, I'm sick of it.
Jimmy: Man, me too!
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wow Trin!!! This sounds like a great month for you! Congrats on graduating. My hubby graduates this month too!! dance When's the wedding day? It's gotta be getting close now right?

-George Bernard Shaw
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Sweet, congrats to Trinity and steph on the graduation posts!

Some friends changed all my ceiling fixtures last Saturday; wayyy too nice of them!

Annnnd, I might be moving next month? (Are you writing another story Sue? You write every time I move.) It's definitely a nice thing if it happens, but it's in the R&D phase heh.

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Z
Columnist
Columnist
Z
Congrats to Trinity and all the Graduates! dance

I'm feeling happy that the Dodgers have won 6 straight, the weather is cooler, it's almost my birthday, lol, and I finally posted the beginning of my crossover story-just needs some readers now!

Mona

C
Kerth
Kerth
C
I'm happy just to see the weather clear up. For the past few weeks it's just been overcast, cold and wet so seeing sunshine for the first time in weeks was so exciting!

Also a friend of mine just got engaged recently so we're in the midst of planning a 'surprise' (if we can pull it off) engagement party

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
Top Banana
Top Banana
I have been wanting an ipod since they came out but could never justify spending that much money (I wanted the 160gb one). So I was planning on using some of my 2nd job money (after LAFF was paid for of course) to go towards an ipod. Today at lunch, I received a package from one of the sales reps I worked with. I open it up and there is a 160gb ipod in there!!! All the sales reps pitched in and got me one as 'Stephanie Appreciation Day'. I cried and I never cry!! This is the best day ever!!!!

-George Bernard Shaw
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
We have had absolutely lovely weather here in Sweden in the beginning of May, and certainly in the southernmost part of Sweden where I live, Skåne. Everything is just so beautiful right now, and the splendid beech forests are just breathtaking!

[Linked Image]

Before the beech trees put out leaves, in April, much of the ground is just exploding with little star-shaped white and yellow flowers, the wood anemones.

[img]http://www.naturvardsverket.se/Imag...scope_4/webSafe_1/ImageVaultHandler.aspx[/img]

This is my hometown of Malmö on an evening in May. You can see the bridge between Malmö and Copenhagen, capital of Denmark, on the horizon.

[Linked Image]

Springtime is just lovely! It's fantastic when everything around you is just coming alive in the spring.

[Linked Image]

In Skåne, the sea and the beach is never far away. You can take your bike and cycle down to the beach, now that the weather is nice and warm.

Ann

Features Writer
Features Writer
I was planning on using some of my 2nd job money (after LAFF was paid for of course) to go towards an ipod.
LOL!! Good things come to those who wait, Steph!! That's really awesome of your co-workers to pitch in for you like that. Do you buy them donuts regularly?

TEEEEEEEJ

Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something RIGHT!
Top Banana
Top Banana
Do you buy them donuts regularly?
Ha! Nope. I actually never even see them cause they all live in different cities and states except for one. I just do all of their quotes for them. God is so good! hyper

-George Bernard Shaw
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Today at lunch, I received a package from one of the sales reps I worked with. I open it up and there is a 160gb ipod in there!!! All the sales reps pitched in and got me one as 'Stephanie Appreciation Day'.
That is so cool, Steph!

Me, I'm happy just to finally have a little internet! My neighbors across the street graciously let me hook onto their wireless, but it hasn't been working for a couple of weeks.

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard