Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Top Banana
Top Banana
I loveddddd Sweet Valley! I started reading the Kids, then the Twins, then SVH. (Actually, I tried to read the SVH ones when I was a little too young and my mom was like uh, no more for you, after I spent like three hours crying because Elizabeth got into a motorcycle accident and was in a coma. "Dear Sister," for anyone who cares; quite gripping. Ha.)
Oh my goodness, are you reading my mind/channeling my experiences? My babysitter gave me all her SVH books when I was... oh.. maybe 10 or so. Too young for them, and there was one called "All Night Long" and I remember I was wandering around the house with it and my mother was scandalized and moved them all into the basement. I really had no idea what it was about then... but then I read them all and loved them. I liked Elizabeth too... when she was with Todd. Even though thinking back on it, he was kind of an odd duck. But I've always picked a couple and then rooted for them the whole way. (Cue me being hysterical and throwing my pillow across the room when Buffy and Angel go their separate ways...) *thinks about this and is still angry* (Sorry, I'm working my way through season 4 and I'm pretty angry at the whole cast as of now... which is pathetic. and off topic.)

BSC was another fave for me and Mary Anne was my favorite as well. Wow... everyone on here seems to have been a Mary Anne or Kristy fan. Interesting. smile

I will add that I also read the Sweet Valley University series, in which Jessica ended up married and their brother shot her husband ... Todd ended up being kicked off the basketball team for excessive drinking. Elizabeth should have stuck with Jeffrey.
And wow. Talk about books jumping the shark. I quit after SVH. I think I remember an Earthquake shattering the town?

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I also read some of both SV and BSC me and my sisters did. I always liked Kristy.

The last I read in the SVU books was Jessica was gettng divc. and her ex was dating someone else I think it's been years ago. I think their brother's girlfriend was pregnant I can't remember if she lost the baby are not. It's been long ago. I wonder how the ended that series.

We used to have a SVH board game never I was like 9 and never could figure out how to play it so me and my sisters made up are up rules lol.

Did the same with a NKOTB game lol.

Love Is the One Thing That Never Ends.
Features Writer
Features Writer
I had The Babysitter's Club Game, but the only thing I really remember about it, was getting sick one night and partially throwing up on it. lol goofy

Features Writer
Features Writer
there was one called "All Night Long" and I remember I was wandering around the house with it and my mother was scandalized and moved them all into the basement
Laura! OMG! I am sitting here dying laughing ... my mom put mine in the garage when she confiscated them after the Elizabeth coma thing! laugh

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"
A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A
Loved those books when I was a kid smile I think I still have the five I got autographed by Ann M Martin somewhere, but I'm not sure where. The first one I read was the pet-sitter one with Jessi, I think, and I was very proud of myself for reading a book with such 'little' print ;p

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.
Merriwether
Merriwether
I never really got into Sweet Valley. I only had a few books over the years. I remember reading a series about cheerleaders.. looking it up, it looks like it was the Cheerleaders series, mostly written by Caroline B. Cooney. There was another book I had that I only found books 1 and 6 for, but I wanted the rest. It had to do with six? young people who moved with their families to a new planet, but it turned out that there used to be another race that lived there, and left their imprint behind. I cannot remember the name of it right now.

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Features Writer
Features Writer
I read the Sweet Valley High books too and I enjoyed them, but not as much as Babysitter's Club. Those stories I have an easier time remembering, the SVH stories are a bit fuzzy.

<who's tempted to pick them up again! lol>

Z
Zoar3 Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Z
That's cool that you got some autographed, Aria. Did you meet Ann Martin? And at first when I read your little print comment I thought you meant it as in Jessi's awful handwriting print which is kinda little. :p Yay you for reading a littler print book in general. smile

Mona

Top Banana
Top Banana
*Pulls a Mayson Drake*

STOP THE PRESSES!!!!

Who knew they made a TV show about SVH??? I didn't! I saw it at Half Price Books for 25 dollars and I just had to buy it.

The acting is awful, just excruating to watch. Literally, I think I might be a better actor and trust me... I suck.

But it's making me remember plots which is bringing back all sorts of funny/nostalgic memories.

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
Features Writer
Features Writer
I vaguely remember the show. lol

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
This thread is funny, because I was just thinking about these books the other day! I was absolutely obsessed with BSC when I was a kid. I started reading when I was about seven or eight, and read them up until high school. I own maybe about 75% of the original books (none of the spin-off series). They're packed away somewhere in my storage unit. I doubt I'll ever give them away or sell them off, I actually would love to finish the collection just to have it, even if I never read them again.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard