Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#215746 03/10/08 03:36 PM
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Do you think that they should band cell phone in the school zone while you are in car or truck.
confused

Also would you go to you class reuion????

I will and always be a big fan of Lois and Clark forever and forever.
#215747 03/11/08 03:56 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Do you think that they should band cell phone in the school zone while you are in car or truck.
Sure. Why not? It'll help protect the kiddos more. People still speed through there even when the light's flashing so if they're on a cell it makes it extra dangerous.

Also would you go to you class reuion????
Depends on if I'm available. I haven't gone to one yet. My 10 year will be in 2011...

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
#215748 03/11/08 04:08 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Would I go to a class reunion? That all depends on what shape my life is in at the time. If I'm rich, successful, happy, etc, then sure. Otherwise probably not. Apparently I haven't outgrown my shallow phase yet goofy

But really I think that's why a lot of people go. Not to see friends you haven't seen in years, but to see how favourably your life compares to others.

Having said that, a friend from high school I haven't seen in 10+ years organised one in London last year for all the South Africans living here now (over 30 of my class! - most of whom I'm not really interested in seeing) and if I'd been available, I'd have been tempted to go. eek

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
#215749 03/11/08 07:19 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Okay. I guess I'll answer the 2nd question honestly. I, too, would only go to my reunion if I felt like I could impress people. I'm shallow too!!! mecry

Okay I'm over it. laugh

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
#215750 03/11/08 07:19 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oooh - bugbear alert! laugh

Talking on cellphones while driving should be made a zero tolerance issue no matter where you are on the road. Never do it. Never. It's not worth the carnage. No conversation is that important that it can't wait till the car stops.

My firefighter husband has to deal with the mess and consequences way too often. If you listened to the horror stories I have over the years about his day at work, you'd never use your cellphone in the car again.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#215751 03/11/08 11:26 AM
Blogger
Blogger
i would probably not go to my hs reunion- the people i want to see keep in contact with my dad (he is a teacher at the school i went to) so i see them anyway. then there is another hs i went to for a few years, im not sure if i would want to go back i hated my time there, but there is this one or two people i would want to see.

cell phones and driving (yeah i do it and i know its not always safe) i think it should be banned, but im not sure that it would be strictly enforced. huh

oh so thats the plan from out great leader hu? just sit here on our butts!
#215752 03/11/08 07:33 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
I work for Verizon Wireless, so I always cringe when a customer is calling in while driving. If it were up to me, I'd ban cell phone usage in cars all together. Thankfully, Washington State passed a law about using only headsets while driving, but things like that are always hard to enforce.

My 10 year reunion would've been last year, but nothing was planned. I thought there was going to be an event and even though I was a wallflower throughout my high school career, it would've been interesting to see how things turned out.

#215753 03/12/08 06:49 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I totally love reunions! Sure, I always wonder how I compare to the others when it comes to my achievements etc but that hasn't stopped me from going. Probably because I am pretty comfortable with my life.

A year and a half ago we actually had a 20 year reunion of our first graders! LOL That was so much fun! Interesting too that none of us were married or had children then...

Natascha

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard