Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Union leaders representing striking... endorse a deal with studios on Sunday.

Official Vote on to be held on Tuesday

If the Board has already approved, it sounds to me like the vote is hardly more than a formality. Still, I'm going to keep my finges crossed. I've missed my Show (Supernatural) so very much! sloppy

“Is he dead, Lois?”

“No! But I was really mad and I wanted to kick him between the legs and pull his nose off and put out his eyes with a freshly sharpened pencil and disembowel him with a dull letter opener and strangle him with his own intestines but I stopped myself just in time!”
- Further Down The Road by Terry Leatherwood.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yay!!! I'm getting pretty sick of there being no new tv programs!!

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
It definitely seems to all be over bar the shouting. Here in the UK it hasn't really affected schedules too much because we're behind the US. But hoo boy have I missed The Daily Show. (I know it's been on since, but it hasn't been the same without the writers).

I've missed my Show (Supernatural) so very much!
S3 has only just begun here in the UK - I've seen the first five episodes in downloads and we just had E3 last night; I've been loving it so far - so I'm really hoping that by the time our lot run out of the eps already shown in the US the studio will be back up and producing and we won't have a break at all. dance

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Let's see... they've aired "Bad Day at Black Rock" and you've seen up to "Bedtime Stories"? You should watch out for E7, which is widely held by fandom to be one of the best SPN episodes ever. I've just finished watching E10 and there are only two more eps scheduled for airing. Kripke has said in an interview that if the strike ends immediately, they can still squeeze in about three more episodes for this season before the May sweeps. A lot of us are actually holding out for a mini-season during the summer. Anyway, it seems clear that the main story arc for this season will need to continue on to Season 4, which will hopefully be extended.

I haven't been this much in love with a TV series since LnC and I've practically been having spasms because of having to wait so long between episodes! *squishes my baby Show*

You like S3, Labrat? I think that S3 has some awesome story arcs and loads of potential for plot development, but so far they keep floundering in the execution. I've actually been slightly bored during a few eps, and that is something I've never thought possible for Show to do. Or maybe they peaked too early in the game with the peerless perfection of Season 2 and now can't seem to match up to it. On the other hand, there have been a couple of really amazing episodes as well.

My burning question, of course, is, "WHERE THE HELL IS ELLEN?"

grumble

Btw, (totally OT in my own OT thread) this might be of interest to fans of Jensen Ackles and Supernatural:
lol

“Is he dead, Lois?”

“No! But I was really mad and I wanted to kick him between the legs and pull his nose off and put out his eyes with a freshly sharpened pencil and disembowel him with a dull letter opener and strangle him with his own intestines but I stopped myself just in time!”
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
You like S3, Labrat?
Yup, so far, I really do. There hasn't been an episode yet that I haven't thoroughly enjoyed. I even loved Red Sky and I understand that one is almost universally loathed by fans. laugh

I thought BDABR was hilarious. "I lost my shoe." LOL. Poor Sam. Didn't you just want to hug him. goofy I've really been enjoying the increase in humorous content so far this season. Not that the show was devoid of humour before, but I think they've lightened up just a little this time around. It's a small change, but noticeable and I'm enjoying it hugely.

Also loved Sin City, where Dean and the demon were trapped in the cellar together. I thought the dialogue between them was excellent and thought-provoking.

I'm also sanguine with the new female characters. I understand that a lot of fans hate them, but they don't bother me. Although I am slightly disappointed that Bella is such a cliche-ridden character. I mean, gee, where have we seen her before? And Ruby seems too much of an obvious replacement for Ava/Meg (I loved Meg!), but I am looking forward to seeing how her character develops and how they use her.

My burning question, of course, is, "WHERE THE HELL IS ELLEN?"
I'm ambivalent about Ellen, so I don't really miss her when she's not around. I don't dislike her and I enjoy the episodes she's in, but it doesn't bother me if she's missing either. Unlike her daughter, who is, so far, the only character I have loathed and despised with a vengeance. laugh Was mighty glad to see the back of her so quickly. I also agree with TPTB that the Roadhouse was a mistake, so I was delighted to see that blown up last season. dance

I do adore Bobby though. I'd miss him.

Intrigued re. Ep7 - will look forward to that. I think it's hilarious that Mercedes McNab is back playing a vampire and I'm looking forward to seeing the differences between Lucy and Harmony.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
BDABR was hilarious, but I thought The Kids Are Alright was funnier. It's one of my favs.

I think Red Sky at Morning was a "Mean to Deeen" episode that made him out to be a classless moron next to Bela, but no episode with Jensen Ackles in that 007 outfit could ever lose out entirely. I just sat back and enjoyed the comedy. *fans self at the vision of Dean descending down the stairs*

Here's the thing about the new girls. Bela is a character who should only have guest-starred in a couple of episodes and gets wearying when they make her a recurring one. Lauren Cohen is a fairly good actress who makes the best of it, however. Ruby is a character with loads of potential and it is played by a twenty-year-old who hasn't learned how to act properly yet. She sounds like a screechy cheerleader. What they should have done was let Lauren Cohen play Ruby, like she auditioned for in the first place.

I'd love it if Ruby decided to possess Bela or something. Anything rather than Katie Cassidy's "what's-that-smell" approach to acting.

I was rather annoyed by Jo until "No Exit" when she began to grow on me. I wouldn't have been averse to her having a fling with Dean, actually. Of course, they yanked her off the show as soon as I began liking her. I don't really see what there is to hate about Jo, myself. She was a really underdeveloped character.

I'm actually a bit of an Ellen/Dean person ever since I read a really good fanfic on them and because I am just perverted that way. laugh blush

Everybody loves Bobby and his pig!hat. They could make a spin off series about him. :rolleyes:

May I direct you to Kroki Refur's magnificent SPN Reviews of Doom and high-larious Ten Expressions picspams? : http://kroki-refur.livejournal.com/68780.html (scroll down)

“Is he dead, Lois?”

Features Writer
Features Writer
Um...supernatural has been showing new episodes for a while...

Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Um...supernatural has been showing new episodes for a while...
Yes, but in between really long hiatuses because the Show decided to space out episodes as much as possible once the strike came on. And we're gonna run out of completed ones in two weeks.

“Is he dead, Lois?”

Kerth
Kerth
Found this list on another site, don't know how accurate it is. As may be obvious the poster was a Stargate fan:
ABC

"Big Shots": Fired its last bullets.

"Boston Legal": Has two new episodes left and will produce four to seven more to air before the end of May.

"Brothers & Sisters": Returns late April with four or five new hours.

"Cavemen": Dead in the water.

"Desperate Housewives": Back in April with four to six episodes.

"Dirty Sexy Money": Will be rebooted in the fall.

"Eli Stone": Eleven new episodes left.

"Grey's Anatomy": Four or five new episodes in April and May.

"Lost": Latest word is that the series will produce five episodes to air in April and May, cutting the current season from 16 to 13. But that could change.

"Men In Trees": Will return Feb. 27 with 11 new episodes but it's long-term future isn't bright.

"Private Practice": Might film some new episodes but, most likely, won't be back until the fall.

"Pushing Daisies": Will return in September.

"Women's Murder Club": Status to be determined.

CBS

"Cane": Has aired its last episode.

"Cold Case": Four to six new episodes by season's end.

"Criminal Minds": Four to seven new episodes in late April and May.

"CSI": Four to seven new episodes by late May.

"CSI: Miami": Ditto.

"CSI: N.Y.": Ditto.

"Ghost Whisperer": Will return with new episodes but the number is yet to be determined.

"How I Met Your Mother": Returns in March with five to seven episodes.

"Jericho": Returns Tuesday with seven new episodes. If it clicks with viewers, it may be back.

"Moonlight": Won't return this season but may be back in September.

"NCIS": Will probably air only three or four new episodes in May.

"Rules of Engagement": To be announced.

"Shark": Status still being determined.

"The Big Bang Theory": Back in March. Number of episodes still to be determined.

"The New Adventures of Old Christine": Future is much in doubt.

"The Unit": Status still being determined.

"Two And A Half Men": Returns in March with five to seven episodes.

"Without A Trace": Back in April with four to seven new episodes.

CW

"Everybody Loves Chris": Can finish out the season but its future - and the futures of most of the CW's comedies - are still being determined.

"Gossip Girl": Will film as many as eight new episodes to air in the spring.

"Life Is Wild": Dead.

"One Tree Hill": Six episodes in the can but after that is anybody's guess.

"Reaper": Three episodes have yet to air but after that, the show's future is very much up in the air.

"Smallville": Still has four episodes in the can and plans to make four or five more.

"Supernatural": Two new episodes already available and will film three or four more.

Smackdown WWE pro wrestling has been canned off the entire network.

Fox

"24": Best bet is that it won't return until January, 2009.

"Back to You": Will be back with new episodes in March.

"Bones": Has only four new episodes left and may not film anymore this season.

"K-Ville": Dead.

"House": Four to six new episodes starting in mid-April.

"Prison Break": On the endangered series list and probably won't return.

"Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles": Fate to be determined.

"Til Death": Back with new episodes in March.

NBC

"Bionic Woman": Gone.

"Chuck": Won't be back until September.

"ER": Status is a bit iffy but it could be back this season with at least some episodes.

"30 Rock": Returning in March.

"Friday Night Lights": Appears to be a goner - at least on NBC.

"Heroes": No saving the world until the fall.

"Journeyman": Gone.

"Las Vegas": Has probably rolled the dice for the last time. Gone.

"Law & Order": Has a number of episodes left and may not produce any more this season.

"Law & Order: Special Victims Unit": Number of new episodes before May still being determined.

"Life": To be determined but if it returns, it won't be until the fall.

"My Name Is Earl": Six to eight new episodes in April and May.

"Medium": Six new episodes left but probably won't do any more this season.

"Scrubs": Four episodes still unaired and was planning to produce four more in what is its final season. Status is now iffy.

"The Office": Will film as many as eight episodes for April and May.

Cable series

"Army Wives" (Lifetime): Has a number of episodes in the can and will probably return in late April or May.

"Battlestar Galactica" (Sci Fi): Returns April 4 with the first 11 episodes of its final season. Second half will now almost certainly air in 2009.

"Big Love" (HBO): May be held until early next year.

"Burn Notice" (USA): Still to be determined.

"Damages" (FX): The series hadn't begun writing season 2 when the strike started. It'll be back but it may not be until next year.

"Dirt" (FX): Returns March 2 but its season has been cut to seven episodes from 13.

"Entourage" (HBO): Back in the fall instead of the summer.

"Law & Order: Criminal Intent" (USA and, in repeats, NBC): Was in the midst of its first season on USA when it was shifted back to NBC in reruns. Still has some new episodes to go.

"Mad Men" (AMC): Will return mid-summer as scheduled.

"Monk" (USA): Back as scheduled in mid-summer.

"Rescue Me" (FX): Will probably move from the summer to the fall.

"Saving Grace" (TNT): Still to be determined.

"The Closer" (TNT): Will be back close to its scheduled return in June.

"The Riches" (FX): Will return in the spring but for only seven episodes instead of 13.

"The Shield" (FX): Filmed all 16 episodes of its final season but a number still need to be edited. Its return has now been pushed off until mid-summer.

"The Tudors" (Showtime): Returns for season 2 on March 30.

"Weeds" (Showtime): Will return as scheduled in August.

Stargate Atlantis was not affected in the same way as above, production is already ramping up on S5.

Third Stargate series, Still a go. Still working on it.

Stargate is mainly under the auspices of the WGC (canada), not the WGA (america), so the exact same factors were not involved. But the outcome of the networks ABC, CBS, and FOX finally understanding and coming to something reasonable is good for everyone.
Meanwhile the BBC is showing two new episodes of Torchwood tonight, including the first Martha episode. YAY!

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
TV Guide has a list that's updated regularly of what is going on with lots of shows.

Carol

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Kristen from Eonline has another strike chart with dates and such for at least some returning shows. the link in my previous post also has dates for some now too. Perhaps between both most shows are covered?
Carol

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard