Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#215089 02/07/08 11:20 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
The perfect list:

1. Discover immortality.

After that, It's not the list of things to do "before" you die because there is no before you die.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
#215090 02/08/08 11:27 AM
Blogger
Blogger
I'm not very good with these kinds of list, I had an assignment when I was a Jr in High School to write my obit. I wrote that nobody in the future dies, so there was no need for obits;)

I'm the type that has always wanted to see everything & do everything, one of my biggest fears when I was younger was missing out or running out of time, so I think I like the idea of avoiding dying or discovering the secret of immortality.

#215091 02/18/08 06:48 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Hmmm well, let's see.

In no particular order:

1. Get over my fear of death and dying.

2. Visit every continent. I want to go to Antartica too...but I'm afraid too much tourism by people like me will damage the delicate ecosystem. Sooooo, I might have to remove that one from my list *sniffle*.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

3. Learn a second language (most likely French) and have a better command of the only one I know at the moment.

4. Get over my fear of public speaking and my insecurities around people.

5. Get a masters degree in SOMETHING.

6. Go see a Habs game in Montreal.

[Linked Image]

7. Have children or at least one and hopefully have them/it turn out non-destructive and healthy.

8. I hope I have better earning power when I’m older because I want to be able to decorate a house in a way that pleases me and gives me peace.

9. Help my Mum reach some sort of happiness in her life.

10. Live a long happy life with my husband. I don’t want to die without that being done.

11. Find a career that I love and challenges me in a good way! Good money would be a plus.

12. Leave a positive mark on the world.

13. Be the guardian of a corgi and a wolfhound. I love huskies, but that’s very hard. My Mum has two husky crosses and MAN….zzzzzzzzz

14. Finally learn how to do art without any restriction or second guesses - just go with the FLOW!

15. To be able to speak in front of someone and have it come out right.

16. I want to see a catastrophe, but I know I mentally and physically would not be able to handle it. However, I would be extremely curious to see something like that happen, but I’m selfish enough to hope it happens when I’m older and hopefully laid back and ready for death.

17. It breaks my heart on a daily basis to see the destruction of our planet. I want to see the day (hopefully soon…YEAH RIGHT!) when governments, companies and regular Joe’s start behaving in a responsible fashion to reduce the harm we do. I’m dreeeeeeeeeeeeaming.

18. I want to ride with a sled dog team.

19. Go back to England and research my family tree.

20. Get my dual citizenship.

21. Win the lotto…HA! Ok, let’s see something in my control. Do craft sales.

22. Have a list that is so not wanting.

23. Get a motorcycle, mini, late 60s Mustang and a hybrid everyday automobile.

24. Learn everything.

25. Get a tattoo and finally re-pierce my ears.

26. When I’m old and vibrant, go sky diving. I highly doubt this will ever occur. Maybe I’ll settle for that gliding air thing behind a boat.

27. Get thin and fit (I’ve lost 12 pounds so far this year!).

28. Have my husband be happy and try med-school. Is that possible? Or anything else that makes him happy and challenged.

Maybe this type of doctor!
[img]http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B000FFJGIW.02.LZZZZZZZ[/img]

29. Go on an adventure across Canada that would include driving, biking, hiking, swimming, canoeing… I want to go from coast to coast to coast!

30. Get over or forgive myself over the fact I didn’t spend enough time with my Granddad before he died. That still haunts me.

31. I really REALLY don't want to be by myself or in my own house, but I want to see a ghost. I don't believe in such stuff...but 1% wants me to and I just want to set the record straight for myself. I can never make up my mind about anything and a little proof is what this gal needs (proof without suspect of it being something else ... me scienice girl). Did see a freaky crazy shadow, black cloud triangle once...but Ummm... need something mind blowing. Okay, now I've scared myself and I don't want to.
This goes for all unexplained stuff.
[Linked Image]

32. Learn to fill my day with good things. Do crafts instead of sitting in front of the TV drooling. Call up a friend instead of pacing back and forth in the kithen. Seize the day! I hope to learn that as I get older.

33. I should stop. Learn to appreciate what I have.

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
#215092 02/26/08 08:14 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
you know a couple years ago I actually sat down to write this list. I was told to write a list of 100 things I'd like to do before I die. (I did this instead of New Years resolutions that year.) I thought-okay, why not? sounds easy right? but once you hit the 50 mark it starts to get really hard. It's the Resolutions you write when you find it hard that really reveal things about you.

Don't think about the pink elephant... I dare you!

Thanks to Tineke for the avatar
#215093 02/27/08 07:06 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Well, I'm pretty sure that "experience an earthquake" wasn't on my "things to do before you die" list, but at about 1 AM I heard a loud thud (which I hope isn't going to turn out to be bad news, so far I haven't spotted anything broken or any damage to the house) and the room shook three or four times - I think the main thing shaking was my desk, which is a little wobbly anyway. Since I live next to a main railway line I assumed it was a train revving its engines, which has a similar effect though with higher frequency. But then I realised I couldn't hear a train, so I chalked it up as traffic or something until I heard the news this morning, and discovered that there had been a 5.3 magnitude earthquake about 120 miles north of me.

It's a shame I didn't know last night, I could have panicked properly then. But never mind...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7266136.stm

has full details, but it seems to have been fairly boring as earthquakes go; more intense than usual for the UK, but so far nobody seems to have been killed and only one person injured, so it could have been one hell of a lot worse.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
#215094 02/27/08 08:12 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Weird. I never knew the UK had earthquakes...

Glad you're okay.

You could always add "experience earthquake" to your list and then cross it off to get the satisfaction of accomplishing something. Ha! goofy

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
#215095 02/27/08 09:01 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I never knew the UK had earthquakes...
So that's why my room was a mess this morning!

Actually, didn't feel a thing! Sleeping in the middle of the night is generally helpful in this regard. goofy

Do I still get to cross it off even if I knew nothing about it?

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
#215096 02/27/08 09:03 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Do I still get to cross it off even if I knew nothing about it?
Absolutely! goofy

-George Bernard Shaw
#215097 02/27/08 09:06 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Excellent! laugh

#215098 02/27/08 09:22 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Originally posted by stephnachia:
Weird. I never knew the UK had earthquakes...

Glad you're okay.

You could always add "experience earthquake" to your list and then cross it off to get the satisfaction of accomplishing something. Ha! goofy
There was a smaller one on the South coast last year that somehow did a lot more damage, not quite sure why. Britain is generally pretty stable geologically, but for that reason most buildings aren't built with resistance to earthquakes in mind, so you get a lot of collapsed walls and chimneys, damaged roofs, etc. My house is coming up to 200 years old, there has been a lot of repairing and reinforcing, which may help to explain why there wasn't any damage.

Marcus L. Rowland
#215099 02/27/08 10:28 AM
C
Kerth
Kerth
C
One not on the list is being struck by lightning. Sydney has been having wild storms lately. I once a few years ago in a particularly nasty storm was stopped at an intersection waiting for the traffic lights to turn and I saw a bolt of lightning on the opposite side needless to say I was freaked out by that.

On Tuesday my boss was here and lightning struck the two buildings next to ours and bricks etc started coming down. Lucky though it didn't hit any power cables I would hate to think what would have occurred if it had!

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
#215100 02/27/08 11:33 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
That is crazy Crazy_babe!! That's definitely something I would put on my DO NOT DO BEFORE I DIE LIST. Ha!

1) Experience Earthquake
2) Get struck by lightning

There are so many possibilities here. rotflol

-George Bernard Shaw
#215101 02/27/08 11:48 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm crossing 'get mauled by a lion' off my list. (Ok, it was only a few weeks old at the time and frankly a domestic cat would have done a better job, but still.)

#215102 02/27/08 08:52 PM
Kerth
Kerth
OK, in that case my list includes:

get bitten by a monkey (when I was a kid - a photographer's monkey decided it didn't like me.)
get bitten by a snake (harmless)
get bitten by a stuffed shark (dropped it, it landed head down and bit my hand)
get bitten by a rat / hamster / gerbil / carnivorous toad / carnivorous salamander (the perils of keeping weird pets)

Marcus L. Rowland
#215103 02/28/08 03:40 AM
Blogger
Blogger
rotflol

#215104 02/28/08 10:58 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Oh I need to add something to my DO NOT DO LIST.

3) Accidentally see my dad naked *shudders* (this was recent)...

Heh... maybe we should start a new thread cause this is kinda funny.

-George Bernard Shaw
#215105 02/29/08 03:22 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yeah, Steph, do a new thread. This board needs livening up.

How about a 'Things I've done that sound impressive but really aren't' list. eg getting bitten by a 'shark' - Lol Marcus - or mauled by a lion? goofy

#215106 03/10/08 06:52 AM
Blogger
Blogger
okay this may sound morbid but it is the one thing that has been constaint
i want to die a happy Christian (besides dying is just the beginnin of your time in heaven!)

oh so thats the plan from out great leader hu? just sit here on our butts!
#215107 03/30/08 07:38 AM
Blogger
Blogger
@cashley: I think that's a good wish!

Okay. It seems that all you guys have many things to do until you die. Let's see what I can come up with:

1, A trip to the USA
2, Marrige and children
3, get a job I like
4, travelling around the world
5, saving someone sounds good too
6, win a Kerth (LoL - guess I have to write a ffc first smile )
7, Just have a good life!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard